What's new

Arcade Stick Promotion from Arcade in a Box for UMK members!

Derek

Noob
Frank got a message from him on Myspace saying that he finally sold his Wii to get my money and that it should finally be sent out to me soon. If it does finally happen I won't have any reason to be mad at him or anything.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I almost forgot to mention that everyone who used the sticks at the tournament loved them.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Shock said:
I almost forgot to mention that everyone who used the sticks at the tournament loved them.
Hey Shock, have you guys considered getting a Jamma in a box from Ed for UMk3 tournies??? You know, with 2 player and all....Ithat would be the shit!!!

dreemernj

Ambassador
Tim Static said:
Shock said:
Hey Shock, have you guys considered getting a Jamma in a box from Ed for UMk3 tournies??? You know, with 2 player and all....Ithat would be the shit!!!
It would be the shit. But outputting from UMK3 to a TV can be an issue. Most of the adapters to take JAMMA RGB to S-video or something similar aren't completely compatible with MK machines specifically. Not sure why.

Tim Static

Adminerator
dreemernj said:
Tim Static said:
Shock said:
It would be the shit. But outputting from UMK3 to a TV can be an issue. Most of the adapters to take JAMMA RGB to S-video or something similar aren't completely compatible with MK machines specifically. Not sure why.
Did not know that....hmmm...

v v v Thanks for in the info about this in the next post Dreemer :)

dreemernj

Ambassador
A few details about the issue:

"The only known problems are with later Midway games such as Smash TV, NBA JAM, Mortal Komat ( 1, 2 & 3 ) . These games use a vertical sync. frequency of around 56Hz ( the majority of games having a vertical sync of around 60Hz ). This vertical sync. frequency appears to be incompatible with some Sony TV sets, most notably the Sony WEGA series. These sets cannot sync to this frequency and the picture will roll vertically.

This is NOT a problem with the output from the converter is it purely a problem with the TV receiver."

I've read that in the description to a few different RGB->TV convertors. Shock uses a Vega at tournies, and the TV I have at home is also reported to have problems with the 56Hz refresh. That leads me to believe neither of us would be able to really use one of these. And I am too cheap to shell out the money to test it :-/

Shock said:
Awesome, great to hear :). Do you have some video of people playing with them, I would love to see them and add them to my site.

As for the Jamma situation, you guys are all correct.

However, If anyone wants to lend me a MK board for a week or so, I can test it on a variety of TVs. (15" HDTV LCD, 42" HDTV LCD, Sony Wega 32", 20" cheapass TV from sears).

It really seems hit and miss with the TV. Maybe LCDs with do a better job, or a worse job, who knows :).

Kazlaz

Noob
ArcadEd said:
Shock said:
Awesome, great to hear :). Do you have some video of people playing with them, I would love to see them and add them to my site.

However, If anyone wants to lend me a MK board for a week or so, I can test it on a variety of TVs. (15" HDTV LCD, 42" HDTV LCD, Sony Wega 32", 20" cheapass TV from sears).

It really seems hit and miss with the TV. Maybe LCDs with do a better job, or a worse job, who knows :).
weres the sanwa shit?

kazlaz said:
ArcadEd said:
Shock said:

weres the sanwa shit?
You mean on the Jamma Boxes? I'll be updating the options to include sanwa after the holidays.

The 360 stick already have the options.

Tim Static

Adminerator
kazlaz said:
Lol do people buy the jamma boxes?
They should. Their alot smaller than this big ass cabinet sitting here inthe living room :shock:

ED: I might be able to send you a MKII jamma board. I'm actually in contact with a guy on eBay who lives close and I am gonna try and see if we'll trade me a MK4 presentation cab for my UMK3 cab, a MK3 jamma board and that MKII board. After I hear from him, I'll let you know if I am still gonna have it :)

kazlaz said:
Lol do people buy the jamma boxes?
Yeah, I usually sell 1-2 a month. So not "A LOT" but a fair share for as small as the market is for them.

They are a lot nicer than having a supergun with your PCB laying on the floor.

Tim-
That sounds great!

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
ArcadEd said:
Shock said:

There is video of several players using them, as soon as I can get vids up I will and post them here.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I would like to see Shock, Frankie and others who use MK sticks put videos on YouTube of your stick work.

Like synch video of your stick while your playing on top, and show the actual in game footage on the bottom.

Basicalky combo vid w/ stick work too :D

Tim Static

Adminerator
Congrats to Ed & ArcadeInABox.com for getting a 9.5 review from Official Xbox Magazine on your 360 sticks.

I smiled big for you, Ed, when I turned the page and saw that review. Nice suprise. :)

McCarron

Noob
ArcadeEd I can ship ya a MK board to borrow for some testing, I'll PM you about it.

Also what video encoder are you using to port the signal to the TV from the JAMMA?

McCarron said:
ArcadeEd I can ship ya a MK board to borrow for some testing, I'll PM you about it.

Also what video encoder are you using to port the signal to the TV from the JAMMA?
Thanks, I just replied to your PM.

Thanks for the congrats on the review as well. It's pretty cool.
IGN is reviewing one as well, so that should be up on their site anyday.

Here is an image of the 360 review.