What's new

Arcade Stick Promotion from Arcade in a Box for UMK members!

ZAQ

Noob
I've played on left handed sticks on cabinets before. It is a weird feeling for sure.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
There are very few games that had a right sided stick set up, I think just about anyone can play with the stick on the left and if they request otherwise they probably haven't used them much. Another thing to point out is how few gamepads there are with directions on the right. I know they exist, but I believe the default for 99% of gaming systems is left side directions.

Derek

Noob
And for my fellow Sanwa lovers. . .

ArcadEd said:
Just wanted to let you all know, I got in both sizes of screw in sanwa buttons and it's not a problem to use them at all. They just cost a bit more. I'll make up a design that has the three top buttons (Back, Guide, Start) as the smaller ones.

I'll try to get it added to the website this weekend. I'll post again when it is there. I'm guess the cost will be about $15 extra to go all sanwa buttons.

Shock-
In case you didn't get my email. Your sticks shipped last week.

vasili0s1821-

My printer guy completely forgot your print. I sent him about 12 at once and for some reason he missed that one. He printed it Last night and is shipping it first thing Monday morning, so your stick will ship out next week. I'm sorry about that.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
They've been doing stuff like that for a while. I always thought it'd be a great idea to put some durable storage and computer system with few moving parts, maybe flash cards etc, into an arcade stick with AV cables and you'd have an arcade stick, with a layout similar to X Arcade, and tons of games.

Side note, my sticks should be here tomorrow.

Shock said:
They've been doing stuff like that for a while. I always thought it'd be a great idea to put some durable storage and computer system with few moving parts, maybe flash cards etc, into an arcade stick with AV cables and you'd have an arcade stick, with a layout similar to X Arcade, and tons of games.

Side note, my sticks should be here tomorrow.
I've done that running linux. Very tiny form factor motherboard, and Flash card. The problem is, I can't sell them with games. Someday I might play around with WINE and see about getting the retaile packages I use working in Linux. If only I had the time :).

Tim Static

Adminerator
Hey Ed, if I sent you a control panel from a MKII cabinet, could you turn it into a 2 player stick for the PS3?

Tim Static said:
Hey Ed, if I sent you a control panel from a MKII cabinet, could you turn it into a 2 player stick for the PS3?
Sorry Tim, I'm not working on any ps3 stuff right now. Why? Because I don't have a ps3 and can't see the benefit to shelling out $500 bucks for just joystick testing. No offense to ps3 users :).

Unless the gamepads work with Windows, then I can probably test on there. Do they?

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Last time I posted the pic wasn't there for some reason, amazing work man. They should be here by tomorrow.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
ArcadEd said:
Unless the gamepads work with Windows, then I can probably test on there. Do they?
Yeah, they do. There is a program that you need to install somewhere on the net that allows you to use the charge cable from your bluetooth PS3 pad to plug into your pc via usb. I used it for MAME awhile back.

Konqrr said:
ArcadEd said:
Yeah, they do. There is a program that you need to install somewhere on the net that allows you to use the charge cable from your bluetooth PS3 pad to plug into your pc via usb. I used it for MAME awhile back.
Do they only make wireless controllers for ps3? Sorry, I haven't even done any research. I've avoiding doing wireless anything for as long as I can. Though It might not be much longer :).

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The sticks arrived today. I got to test one out before I went to work and they are fantastic. The response is better than the old stick I have, let's hope it stays that way!

Thanks in abundance to ArcadEd, amazing craftmanship, and DreemerNJ is going to have a shitfit when he sees them.

The resistance for the stick I have for anyone interested is approximately medium, which is fine, but any softer would be too much for a game like MK.

Shock said:
The sticks arrived today. I got to test one out before I went to work and they are fantastic. The response is better than the old stick I have, let's hope it stays that way!

Thanks in abundance to ArcadEd, amazing craftmanship, and DreemerNJ is going to have a shitfit when he sees them.

The resistance for the stick I have for anyone interested is approximately medium, which is fine, but any softer would be too much for a game like MK.
Glad you got them and had a chance to play with one. Thanks for the kind words.

The Happ competition sticks are a little soft, the other options in bat handle is the Ultimate, which is even softer. I do believe there are tighter springs you can purchase to put in the sticks, I've never had the need to do it myself.

The last option is the Perfect 360 optical joysticks. They are extremely rigid IMO, but their have been numerous requests for them, so I will be making them available shortly.

Thanks again Shock, and enjoy the sticks.

Ed

dreemernj

Ambassador
ArcadEd said:
Shock-
In case you didn't get my email. Your sticks shipped last week.

vasili0s1821-

My printer guy completely forgot your print. I sent him about 12 at once and for some reason he missed that one. He printed it Last night and is shipping it first thing Monday morning, so your stick will ship out next week. I'm sorry about that.
1 quick question, how did the artwork end up that dark? I didn't notice when I first looked at the pic (and I haven't gotten to see them IRL yet) but that's way darker than the original artwork would have been.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The sticks are great, got to mess with them a bit more tonight. We are planning on making some kind easy access linking to arcadeinabox on the site in general, this thread will be stickied however. We'll maybe have a link on the side "UMK3 X360 Arcade Sticks" or something.

dreemernj said:
1 quick question, how did the artwork end up that dark? I didn't notice when I first looked at the pic (and I haven't gotten to see them IRL yet) but that's way darker than the original artwork would have been.
I noticed that as well, only after looking at the image on my laptop. My main PCs monitor is calibrated with the printer I send the artwork too. He sent me a monitor profile for Illustrator so I know what I am looking at. With that said: 1. The laminate does make things a little darker. 2. The image is fairly dark to begin with on my main PC.

I didn't alter the original files that Shock sent me at all, I just sent them right to the print shop. I should have caught it though.

This image is actually the first one I have seen this happen too. I will show some pictures of the other stuff I've had printed.