What's new

Tech Aquaman Combo Thread

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
oh i see now. i was wondering why some people did 22 Mb trident instead of 22 scoop 22 mb trident. they both do the same damage, but if you do the mb early in the combo, you end up building more meter. but it's good to start with scoop because it sometimes catches people blocking high.

using a meterless combo from a d2 will get you 19%. mbing the trident will get you 10% more, but AM can do 29% meterless, and both combos lead to F2 1+3 setup that potentially gets you another combo where you can go for more damage with that bar. you get a lot of meter from getting hit, so you could potentially lose the upcoming clash from your opponent. it's so hard to decide.

the otg b1 is still there? i never tried it because i figured they took it out.

King Checkmate

uɐlop sı ʎllɐnʇɔɐ
here are a couple of combos i use. might help...

b2u3,22~db1,22~db2 MB,f2 1+3 41%
b2u3,22~db2 MB,22~ db1,f2 1+3 42%

This hits 33% :3
B2U3, MB db2, dash b12~db1, f2 1+3 or 223

here are a couple of combos i use. might help...

b2u3,22~db1,22~db2 MB,f2 1+3 41%
b2u3,22~db2 MB,22~ db1,f2 1+3 42%

This hits 33% :3
B2U3, MB db2, dash b12~db1, f2 1+3 or 223

What's the advantage of canceling b2 into u3? Is it any safer than a plain b2? I don't see a lot of online Aquaman using this.

What's the advantage of canceling b2 into u3? Is it any safer than a plain b2? I don't see a lot of online Aquaman using this.
Im not at my ps3 rn but im pretty sure b2u3 is like -23 while b2 is -10 so no even tho b2u3 creates a decent amount of space its pretty punishable

Ben Reed

Marine Biologist
Safety of b2 on block depends a lot on both spacing and the matchup. if you're up against a character with good 6-10f reversals such as Flash/Lex or fast long-reaching normals (Aquaman mirror), you will probably get called on it. But if you're spaced out a bit, a lot of 6f moves may not reach (or the char doesn't have a 6f d1, or a 7-9f uppercut that reaches far enough). b2 standalone is definitely worth testing people with IMO until they PROVE they can punish you for it. Same deal with Trident Rush/Trident Rush MB, which are DECEPTIVELY hard to punish despite being -10 on block.

b2u3 is a different story; people often screw up punishing it on block cause they often don't realize they're in blockstun until Aquaman's LANDING recovery and not his AIRBORNE recovery, but there are enough ranged 1-hit launches that punish it that it should be used more carefully than b2 standalone.

Zenrot

Noob
How do you all feel about ending certain combos in 3, db2 in order to get extra space? It does the same (or in some cases more) damage than the standard 1 meter bnb's and gives you extra space in matchups where you want the opponent to contend with your long-distance game as well as your normals.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
rev0lver

Corner BNBs, meterless and 1 bar

b12 xx db2, b123 xx db1, f2 1+3 = ?%

b12 xx db2, b123 xx db2 (MB), 1, b123 xx db1, f2 1+3 = 44%

I'll look at the f13 corner combos more sometime this weekend. The combo I currently use is f13, 1, b123 xx db1, f2 1+3 but I think I can get more damage off it.

rev0lver

Corner BNBs, meterless and 1 bar

b12 xx db2, b123 xx db1, f2 1+3 = ?%

b12 xx db2, b123 xx db2 (MB), 1, b123 xx db1, f2 1+3 = 44%

I'll look at the f13 corner combos more sometime this weekend. The combo I currently use is f13, 1, b123 xx db1, f2 1+3 but I think I can get more damage off it.
i was doing the same thing! i got:
f13 xx db2, b123 xx db1, f2 1+3 for 31%

your 1st b12 does 32%

Dizzy

Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
i was doing the same thing! i got:
f13 xx db2, b123 xx db1, f2 1+3 for 31%

your 1st b12 does 32%
I don't know if i'll be able to use f13 xx db2 as a BNB, as I often have to do the combos based on the second part of f13 in the corner hitting. Which is why I use the one I mentioned above. Not to mention if the opponent tries to jump and is caught airborne by f13, that may make the combo not work or change the timing (again, I haven't looked into it yet)

I don't know if i'll be able to use f13 xx db2 as a BNB, as I often have to do the combos based on the second part of f13 in the corner hitting. Which is why I use the one I mentioned above. Not to mention if the opponent tries to jump and is caught airborne by f13, that may make the combo not work or change the timing (again, I haven't looked into it yet)
do you mean the overhead part of f13 hitting? i'll try mine on a jumper...

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
Is there any combos leading from catching people with d2?
Also is aquamans b12 his fastest and most efficient punish on blocked teleport etc?

Zenrot

Noob
Is there any combos leading from catching people with d2?
Also is aquamans b12 his fastest and most efficient punish on blocked teleport etc?
D2, 22, db2 MB, 22, db1, f2 1+3.

Fastest is f1, but most damage while still retaining single digit frame speed is b12 yes.

Dizzy

Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
rev0lver

Corner combo BNBs off F13

Meterless:

F13, 1, 1, 1, 1, b123 xx db1, f2 1+3 = 29% (can add one more 1 in there for same dmg)
If airborne - F13, b123 xx db1, f2 1+3 = 28%

1 Meter:

F13, 1, b123 xx db2 (MB), 1, b123 xx db1, f2 1+3 = 37%
If airborne - F13, b123 xx db2 (mb), 1, b123 xx db1, f2 1+3 = 41%

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
rev0lver

Corner combo BNBs off F13

Meterless:

F13, 1, 1, 1, 1, b123 xx db1, f2 1+3 = 29% (can add one more 1 in there for same dmg)
If airborne - F13, b123 xx db1, f2 1+3 = 28%

1 Meter:

F13, 1, b123 xx db2 (MB), 1, b123 xx db1, f2 1+3 = 37%
If airborne - F13, b123 xx db2 (mb), 1, b123 xx db1, f2 1+3 = 41%
I got you yo, just keep tagging me. This would be way easier with character mods lol. I still use him for Superman/Sinestro/mirror though so I'll try to keep it updated.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
I got you yo, just keep tagging me. This would be way easier with character mods lol. I still use him for Superman/Sinestro/mirror though so I'll try to keep it updated.
aqua vs supes and sinestro? that is like my nightmare match up next to cyborg/ds/raven! How do you get in on them and what do you usually do to open up on Supes? I throw out a b12 and on block he punishes the shit out of me. T_T

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
aqua vs supes and sinestro? that is like my nightmare match up next to cyborg/ds/raven! How do you get in on them and what do you usually do to open up on Supes? I throw out a b12 and on block he punishes the shit out of me. T_T
You don't understand. I main Lex. If Aquaman goes 4-6 with Superman that's good for me lol.

poofynamanama2

SHAZAAAAAAAAM
I never liked how aquamans usual bnbs looked so I came up with my own. Keep in mind I havent checked around these forums and are probably well known, but whatevs

b12~trident, b123~trident MB, dash, b1~scoop, f2 1+2

b12~scoop, b123~trident MB, dash, f2 1+2

b123~trident MB, dash, b12~scoop, f2 1+2

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
i don't think spamnestro can do anything about from the deep spam.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
The problem is, you're throwing out a b12 on block.
The solution is, don't throw out a b12 on block.

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
Do you players have any 100+ % combos to share? I will post it in my thread. Traits/Transitions/Interactables/Guaranteed Resets are allowed.