What's new

Tech Aquaman Combo Thread

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
The problem is, you're throwing out a b12 on block.
The solution is, don't throw out a b12 on block.
Sorry, I'm new to aqua and fighting game in general, what moves should I do to pressure people then, while they are blocking, but will lead into a decent combo if I do hit them? Should I only use b12 when I'm whiff punishing teleports and slower moves on block?

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Sorry, I'm new to aqua and fighting game in general, what moves should I do to pressure people then, while they are blocking, but will lead into a decent combo if I do hit them? Should I only use b12 when I'm whiff punishing teleports and slower moves on block?

b12 xx water shield
b12 xx trident rush
Hit confirm it to make it (or any string) safe.

For pressure
b2u3
f13 xx scoop
f3 / b3
String xx mb rush

Yeah why not.

Generally you want to use it to establish pressure or just check their blocking. You want to mix up your ender with db1, df1, or just don't do anything to see if they will flinch and press a button then go for a d1 or something. F13 is great until they nerf it because it is VERY hard to read if they are going to do the 3 ender or go for a scoop. Once again it also checks their blocking because F13 xx db1 is a overhead into a low.

Also how is UFS?

Durango

Enhancer
Setting up camp here. I gotta say I really like Arthur's style. He's got a LOT of range and he's quite fast as well.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
Generally you want to use it to establish pressure or just check their blocking. You want to mix up your ender with db1, df1, or just don't do anything to see if they will flinch and press a button then go for a d1 or something. F13 is great until they nerf it because it is VERY hard to read if they are going to do the 3 ender or go for a scoop. Once again it also checks their blocking because F13 xx db1 is a overhead into a low.

Also how is UFS?
Thanks for the advice, who are you from the UFS community? O_O It's doing well, KOF set should be coming out in the next week or so!

RiverHB

Noob
I didn't see these in the original post:

Midscreen 1 MB punisher combo:

1,1,2,3~From the Deep, B+1,2~From the Deep MB, 2,2~Scoop, 2,2,3 (or F+2,1+3) (43%/45% with a jumping 2 starter)

B+1,2 is much better for poking but this is good for punishing mistakes.
Don't let the last hit of the 1,1,2,3 come out--cancel into From the deep at 2.
Choose which finisher depending on what side you want to leave your opponent.
Very easy to do.

Kaernak

Noob
okay...maybe someone can explain something to me. or put up a video or something. i just CANNOT link ftd - b+1,2 at all with any sort of consistency. its maddening. its enough to make me want to pick a new main....with less than 2 months to the fall classic

knight x1868

Blue Lantern Corps
okay...maybe someone can explain something to me. or put up a video or something. i just CANNOT link ftd - b+1,2 at all with any sort of consistency. its maddening. its enough to make me want to pick a new main....with less than 2 months to the fall classic
If you're trying to do it online it's irritating.
The timing is strict but not too strict if you're trying to do the b12,ftd,b12,ftd MB combo. Start hitting b1 when the opponent falls right below your knee and you should hit it consistently.

knight x1868

Blue Lantern Corps
i've been using 22 ftd at my starter. is that my problem you think?
No it shouldn't be an issue. I use both as starters.

I like b12 better because it's a low starter. I also like f13 as an overhead but it really doesn't link well.

In short: No, that's not the issue. It's all about timing. If you are hitting b1 before the frame window allows you to then it won't read the b1 until after the opponent has dropped.

Kaernak

Noob
yeah i keep getting b+2 or b+1, 2 comes out super late. but right below the knee...i 'll try it....tomorrow. im super mad that i cant get that to link now. after 2 hours and only hitting it maybe 20+ times i was about to throw my stick through a wall.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
hit advantage on FTD says 12 and b1 is 9, so it's a 3 frame link at best. online, that combo is just out of the question. offline, it's doable with practice i try to watch for when his trident reappears after using ftd (basically when the opponent is by his knees like everyone else is saying. i never use that combo tho. i use b12/22 into scoop instead.

I saw this combo from HGTV Soapboxfan in another thread so I thought I'd post it in here:
22/b12~db2 MB
b3
j3
22~db1
f2 1+3
45%/43%

It seems more consistent to me than the 22/ b12~db2, b12~db2 mb combo when trying to do it online (also it's slightly more damage).

Also I saw michaelangelo do this in some tournament (unsure what tournament):

b2u3
(I like to hold forward here for a little while for timing, I don't think it matters tho)
22~db2 MB
22~db1
f2 1+3
42%

They might be somewhere in this thread but I couldn't find them.

All credit too HGTV Soapboxfan and michaelangelo for the combos

rev0lver

origin

Noob
Hey Plastbunker, i messed around with those two combos there for afew minutes in training mode today and I'd like to say thank you very much! :) The B2U3 I can get to land quite consistently and is an awesome mixup when I have them scared and simplying blocking low (cause of course b2 is an Overhead).

The 22/DB2MB I have a ton of issues connecting a B3. I think maybe it's character dependent (I was practicing against Superman) because its a bit bizzar when it hits or doesn't hit.

Also I played around abit with the combo RiverHB posted. I think this is yet another one for the arsenal! I didn't think FTD would cancel a 4-hit string like 1,1,2,3 but it does if your quick about it. And for some reason, linking a B1,2,FTD-MB seems much easier (then trying to chain two of them together). Maybe it's the motion, maybe it's the height you get off of the FTD-cancel, but my guess is my brain just likes the variation.
RiverHB you mention that you can start your combo listed there with a jump 2? So does this mean I could JumpIn-2, Land, 1,1,2,3 xx Cancel into FTD-MB, 2,2, Scoop, Poke, Slam? That seems too godlike...

I'm going to have to keep practicing these 3 combo variations. I can only hope the netcode likes them as much as i do. Thx guys ;)

Hey Plastbunker, i messed around with those two combos there for afew minutes in training mode today and I'd like to say thank you very much! :) The B2U3 I can get to land quite consistently and is an awesome mixup when I have them scared and simplying blocking low (cause of course b2 is an Overhead).

The 22/DB2MB I have a ton of issues connecting a B3. I think maybe it's character dependent (I was practicing against Superman) because its a bit bizzar when it hits or doesn't hit.

Also I played around abit with the combo RiverHB posted. I think this is yet another one for the arsenal! I didn't think FTD would cancel a 4-hit string like 1,1,2,3 but it does if your quick about it. And for some reason, linking a B1,2,FTD-MB seems much easier (then trying to chain two of them together). Maybe it's the motion, maybe it's the height you get off of the FTD-cancel, but my guess is my brain just likes the variation.
RiverHB you mention that you can start your combo listed there with a jump 2? So does this mean I could JumpIn-2, Land, 1,1,2,3 xx Cancel into FTD-MB, 2,2, Scoop, Poke, Slam? That seems too godlike...

I'm going to have to keep practicing these 3 combo variations. I can only hope the netcode likes them as much as i do. Thx guys ;)

I usually practice against joker (seeing as he is the first choice for p2). But connecting the B3 is all about getting a feel for when the db2 MB animation ends so you can input the b3 (I also play Batman so that probably helps me). You could practice by doing;
db2 MB
b3
j3
22 db1
f2 1+3
this might even be maxdamage from a raw FTD at 42%.

Also another combo you might like if you don't know it allready:
j3 (either air to air or on standing opponents)
b12~db2 MB
22~db1
f2 1+3
42%

origin

Noob
I'll practice it off of a raw FTD like you say. I've messed around with batman, that character is all timing with his trait and whatnot so I have a feeling by what you mean. And hell nothing can be more frustrating than having Aquamans B1,2,DB2,B1,2,DB2-MB, down one day and absent the next. So I may as well practice B3 off of 2,2, or FTD. ;)

And that second combo makes sense but Ive never thought to do it that way! thx

I've really taken a shine to that 1,1,2,3 xx FTD combo but I've found that as far as a punisher goes online, I prefer to shorten the combo and just MB right away. Drops the damage from 43% to 37% but that's a great amount to punish someone off of. (The full combo being: 1,1,2,3~From the Deep, B+1,2~From the Deep MB, 2,2~Scoop, F2, 1+3).

Since I've never really tried to learn to punish before (which should tell everyone what a FG novice I am) I guess you only ever really Punish someone when they are in a standing position, correct? Or is there enough on-block recovery on crouching moves that it might benifit to learn an overhead punish too?

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I'll practice it off of a raw FTD like you say. I've messed around with batman, that character is all timing with his trait and whatnot so I have a feeling by what you mean. And hell nothing can be more frustrating than having Aquamans B1,2,DB2,B1,2,DB2-MB, down one day and absent the next. So I may as well practice B3 off of 2,2, or FTD. ;)

And that second combo makes sense but Ive never thought to do it that way! thx

I've really taken a shine to that 1,1,2,3 xx FTD combo but I've found that as far as a punisher goes online, I prefer to shorten the combo and just MB right away. Drops the damage from 43% to 37% but that's a great amount to punish someone off of. (The full combo being: 1,1,2,3~From the Deep, B+1,2~From the Deep MB, 2,2~Scoop, F2, 1+3).

Since I've never really tried to learn to punish before (which should tell everyone what a FG novice I am) I guess you only ever really Punish someone when they are in a standing position, correct? Or is there enough on-block recovery on crouching moves that it might benifit to learn an overhead punish too?
If they are crouching, punish with b12 combo instead.