What's new

Anyone read any good comics recently?

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
That's my point. Previous to Ultimates 4 #12, Reed didn't give a single shit about anyone. He blew up half of America and destroyed all of Asgard with a smile on his face. Then for some reason they just made him turn to jelly the moment Sue came and Tony Stark had a brain tumor that became sentient and turned Reed's city against him. Shit was dumb.
Wait his tumor became sentient... HAHAHAHA

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
Recently? Well, I don't follow comics anymore, but there are still 2 that I follow.

I'm reading the "Uncanny Avengers" at the moment and I don't give one single fuck, but I have to, because in two issues the Sentry will return, so ... I'm kinda forced to stick with it.

Other than that I'm reading "Deathmatch", a comic about a bunch of superheroes and supervillains, who are trapped in a place and forced to fight each other to the death. No matter who powerful they are, they still get controlled by their kidnappers and are desperately looking for a way to get out.
I'm reading that one mainly, because it's written by Paul Jenkins, the guy who invented the Sentry, so I try to follow that guy.
I'm confused.You dont read comics but you seem to know what's always happening in them...

James Keel

He that delivers sadness by kicking your ass
I don't know if it's been mentioned yet (couldn't make it thru all the previous posts), but I can't put down the new 52 Batman title. It and Batman Inc. are my favorite lately.

They just finished up a short Clayface arc and are about to head into an 11 issue backstory called Zero Hour all about Batman shortly after he returns from his overseas training as a young man. Good stuff.

Reedoms

Noob
Wait his tumor became sentient... HAHAHAHA
It's as retarded as it sounds. Reed made a city that was controlled my an AI that he had developed over 1000 years and then sentient tumor kid came in and said "Lets be friends" then the city decided to say fuck you Reed and not help him. I mean it was funny to see, but the way it finished the storyline was really awful.

DuskAlloy

I just find that hilarious that the big reveal in Ultimates 1 with tony turns fucking sentient, Jesus that is retarted

CCVengeance

It's as retarded as it sounds. Reed made a city that was controlled my an AI that he had developed over 1000 years and then sentient tumor kid came in and said "Lets be friends" then the city decided to say fuck you Reed and not help him. I mean it was funny to see, but the way it finished the storyline was really awful.
2 words: Sam Humpries.Dude is the worst writer Marvel has hired since Daniel Way.

Stop dissing the Marvel non-sense.

If you want some really bad writing, then check out the last story with Superboy-Prime pre new 52.
All that shit I read there ... damn, I was like: "What? Really? What? WHAT? WHY? HOW? WHAT?!"

Superboy-Prime was a weird character to begin with ... his reality punch? Then him being a part of OUR world? Then him having a fight against the Black Lanterns in OUR world? And his girlfriend telling him that "they" (the writers) would leave him alone, yet she was having a black ring in the end as well or some stupid shit like that?
And then .. it got as bad as it gets.
Superboy-Prime magically appeared in the regular DC Universe again, realized where he is and was like: "MY GIRLFRIEND IS NOT HERE! A UNIVERSE WITHOUT HER DOES NOT DESERVE TO EXIST.... I'M GONNA KILL THIS WORLDS SUPERBOY!"
And then he gathered a bunch of other Superboys and went off to kill Superboy. Then the Superboys and all the heroes had a fight, while Superboy-Prime confronted Superboy and what happened then? Wonder Girl came along to defend her boyfriend Superboy and beat the living crap out of Superboy-Prime, a guy who was soloing the entire DC Earth including characters who are more powerful than Wonder Girl will ever be! SHE BEAT THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF HIM, because he was threatening her boyfriend.
Then you see Superboy-Prime lying around and that shit is over.

The stupidity in that entire arc made me and still makes me so fucking angry that I would like to punch the writer in the face, who came up with that stupid, lazy, disgusting shit.
It's the most braindead and retarded story I've EVER seen in comics and I blame the DC staff for even allowing such bullshit to get published.

FUCK DC.

Reedoms

Noob
Marvel has their fair share of brain-dead stories too. I mean, just last year they had Avengers v X-Men. Before that, they had Fear Itself, Secret Invasion and Civil War. Age of Ultron is also shaping up to be retarded as all hell too.

DuskAlloy

Marvel has their fair share of brain-dead stories too. I mean, just last year they had Avengers v X-Men. Before that, they had Fear Itself, Secret Invasion and Civil War. Age of Ultron is also shaping up to be retarded as all hell too.
Dont forget One More Day

Reedoms

Noob
Or the clone saga for spiderman.
Clone Saga may have been drawn out to shit and incomprehensible to most people but it did bring some really interesting characters to the table. Ben and Kaine are pretty cool and I do enjoy reading about them.

CCVengeance

forget retarded AOU has ben a snorefest from page 1.

I think that Fear Itself started pretty damn good. The hate and the tension, you could literally feel it.
But then when they came with the Asgardian "gods" shit went downhill, yeah.

Reedoms

Noob
I think that Fear Itself started pretty damn good. The hate and the tension, you could literally feel it.
But then when they came with the Asgardian "gods" shit went downhill, yeah.
They went with the patented Marvel event plan "Everyone is _____". It just so happened that it was Thors turn to be the bike everyone rode and it wasn't that good.

DuskAlloy

All Star Western was so clearly reaching as a crossover title. Death of the Family... now there is a ridiculous crossover title!
Atleast All-Star Western had booster gold in it, that is always a plus

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Atleast All-Star Western had booster gold in it, that is always a plus
Oh I love ASW, I was saying making it as a part of Night of The Owls was a bit redonkulous.
Hex & Arkham are perhaps the best two people to have an interaction between ever! Especially when Arkham dabbles in his opium...

DuskAlloy

Oh I love ASW, I was saying making it as a part of Night of The Owls was a bit redonkulous.
Hex & Arkham are perhaps the best two people to have an interaction between ever! Especially when Arkham dabbles in his opium...
Oh I know it's great, but still booster gold makes everything better... EVERYTHING