What's new

Anyone read any good comics recently?

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Well... it was a good wrap up for a fairly shitty story about the First Lantern IMO. I was a little disgusted with just how neatly everything was wrapped up, especially with Hal sprokking Jordan! I can't tell if he's basically made it so anyone can take the story anywhere from there or if he's locked out decent character's stories so others can't use them? It was a great last issue considering what came immediately before it, and a lot of Johns work has been incredible, but I feel like showing the future of certain characters in the epilogue might have been a bad move.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
Well... it was a good wrap up for a fairly shitty story about the First Lantern IMO. I was a little disgusted with just how neatly everything was wrapped up, especially with Hal sprokking Jordan! I can't tell if he's basically made it so anyone can take the story anywhere from there or if he's locked out decent character's stories so others can't use them? It was a great last issue considering what came immediately before it, and a lot of Johns work has been incredible, but I feel like showing the future of certain characters in the epilogue might have been a bad move.
Those endings will probably never happen.I take it for what is worth now: Evil Lost,Good prevailed and they all lived happily ever after.Lulz worthy that Kyle became space Jesus.
I actually shed a tear when Sinestro told Hal the truth.Like at the end,they will always have eachother's back.
Sorry,Epicness makes me melodramatic.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
CCVengeance It's understandable, it was indeed epic. And I was so going to mention Kyle being Space Jesus, those words exactly haha! I know the endings will never happen, which is kinda stupid. I mean either make them canon or don't y'know? Although he does say 'after the death of the Justice League' so maybe something interesting will happen in Trinity War after all...

'Nestro and Hal are total bros, but literally the stupidest thing:
Hal goes from being alive to dead to alive in like... 10 pages. God damn it why won't he stay dead? Simon Baz need the spotlight!

CCVengeance

CCVengeance It's understandable, it was indeed epic. And I was so going to mention Kyle being Space Jesus, those words exactly haha! I know the endings will never happen, which is kinda stupid. I mean either make them canon or don't y'know? Although he does say 'after the death of the Justice League' so maybe something interesting will happen in Trinity War after all...

'Nestro and Hal are total bros, but literally the stupidest thing:
Hal goes from being alive to dead to alive in like... 10 pages. God damn it why won't he stay dead? Simon Baz need the spotlight!
My favorite thing about this is that every blockbuster scene felt like it could have been the ending to a GL event all by itself but nope Johns was like I;m going home so I'm going big!
As for the fact that they mention the JL dying that pretty much tells you those endings wont happen(except Hal might marry Carol).
This might not be clear but this ending wasnt as clear as you might think.Here comes my melodrama again:
-The guardians mention the fact that the First Lsntern returned to it's universe.
-Sinestro becomes the bookkeeper.
Those are all future stories coming together.
It reminds me of something I read about Morrison's All-Star Superman.The greatest lesson you can take is that the story continues.Like Superman died and returned to lead us in to a golden age of pure idealism the GLs have done the same.The story that started when a young pilot became space cop has travelled around th cosmos,igniting 1oo billion lights for the future.The story might never end and they might never get the ending they deserved.But they are safe,they are together and they will be waiting next time evil comes knocking.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
No.The first Ring goes to Hal.The Great Heat(the first Lantern) goes back to whatever universe it belong to.
Oh it better not bloody well turn up anywhere else... why couldn't they just leave Earth 2 alone!? It sold well and it was a stand alone title! IT DIDN'T NEED A CROSSOVER AND NOW MY BEAUTIFUL WRITER IS GONE!

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
No.The first Ring goes to Hal.The Great Heat(the first Lantern) goes back to whatever universe it belong to.

Aliv and kicking,bro.
I dont know anything about the story you are talking about, but I am already annoyed that Hal gets something that sounds that important and not Kyle...

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
So daily comic challenge: describe to me Hal's jordans personality without using the words, courage or ladies man

CCVengeance

Oh it better not bloody well turn up anywhere else... why couldn't they just leave Earth 2 alone!? It sold well and it was a stand alone title! IT DIDN'T NEED A CROSSOVER AND NOW MY BEAUTIFUL WRITER IS GONE!
That.....hasnothing to do with GL LOL.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
That.....hasnothing to do with GL LOL.
I bet you an internet cookie the great heat/First Lantern going back to a universe will end up in an Earth-2/Multiverse related crossover.
Vibe/World's Finest/Supergirl is paving the way for a big ass crossover involving Earth 2.

Also anyone who is interested in Bane and reading more about him should pick up Talon 7 & 8. He;s pretty awesome in that, just try and ignore the horrible copy/paste job done on one of the pages in issue 8.