What's new

Anti Airs in Injustice

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
TomlulsBrady

what i think is going on here is, too many AAs being godlike at upclose and footsie range. out-prioritizing normals when they shouldn't be.
if you look at lexs d2, it has pretty good range, almost the same as his d3. if it had other properties to counter jump ins, it would be amazing for footsies too. could the game be programed to allow uppercuts and AAs to have specific properties against aerial attacks only?
Some games make AAs powerful against jumpins by granting them upper body invincibility. Would that be too powerful?

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Yeah so far air to air 1s vs 2s has been the one way I can really make someone fear jumping cause I can combo of it and go into missile setups with cyborg. How are armored F3/B3 as big anti air punishes in your opinion?
This depends on how fast your b+3 or f+3 is. Some character's f+3 or b+3 is pretty quick. (Catwoman, Frost, Deathstroke) so they have a little more leeway on using their armor moves as pure punishes as anti-airs. Cyborg's b+3 and f+3 are pretty slow so I wouldn't get your hopes up. You can use it and if your opponent commits to doing a followup move after their jump attack you should get your launch if you do it early enough. But chances are they will be able to block otherwise. And if they go straight into jabs it might get hit before your move comes out as well so...you can try it for your own piece of mind, but don't blame me if it doesn't work too well. :p

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
AFTER FURTHER TESTING OF THE JUMP SYSTEM​

listen to this.

a normal jump in 2 can be anti aired normaly before it comes out

an early jump in 2 can only be anti aired by certain characters, if the average hitbox character ducks, the jump in 2 whiffs and the opponents pre dialed string comes out delayed due to landing recovery frames

so basically most people have the air priority properties of sonyas divekick but needs to be whiff punished instead.

characters with long ass range ji2 like batman and the joker will fuck shit up.

in order to avoid this mixup, fast characters can armour their shit

fyi, not even AA grabs beat a fast ji2 from certain characters

zaf

professor
Some games make AAs powerful against jumpins by granting them upper body invincibility. Would that be too powerful?
yea i think it would be. if this was done to lexs d2 for example, then lex players could find ways to use this move as a pseudo armor to avoid some attacks and then punish you for it. they dont have to waste meter on armored moves and can do it on the fly. adjusting the whole cast like this then gives everyone the ability to use them when its not really needed. in my opinion, we just need to play the game and see what really works as AAs and what doesn't. Buffing moves too early without playing the game might end up in some other areas of the game being broken for no reason.