What's new

Anti Airs in Injustice

From the little bit I've played, Supermans Anti-Air Grab (it's actually called that) is pretty damn good. I was using it on reaction.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Playing jax in mk9 for the last 3 years has spoiled me.:(
Oh my bad thats what I get for not reading the whole thread lol.

Air to air is your best anti-air if you don't have an air grab or good d2. Just jump. If they jumped too then do a j1 (Your fastest air attack) and get a full combo. If they didn't jump, then its up to you if you want to come down with an attack or not.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Didn't I say jumping was gonna be really powerful in my day 1 impressions of the demo? I called that with like 3 hours with the game.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Luckily, I play Green Lantern. >.>

Bwahahahahahaha, before we had any sort of intel on the game, I knew Green Lantern would be one of those characters with a godlike AA game.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta

Air to air is your best anti-air if you don't have an air grab or good d2. Just jump. If they jumped too then do a j1 (Your fastest air attack) and get a full combo. If they didn't jump, then its up to you if you want to come down with an attack or not.
like every fighting game on planet earth. I feel like people just ignored what you said after they liked it :(. sad day.

Seriously.... there are ways around Jump ins.... and there are a ton of jump in attacks that are negative on block now.....
I'm sure small backdashes will destroy jumpins better than d2's.

stop complaining.... level up.

have you tried his db1

in the move list it says it's an anti air lol
You didn't read my post.:(

Its decent if you do it on read that they will jump, but unfortunately on reaction its getting stuffed or a trade which I don't understand why since the hitbox on it looks to be huge. I think its priority thing like CDjr stated. Cyborg back dash is godlike so I use that or air to air jump 1 into 11~ db1 MB... than setup a missile and begin iafbs shit:D

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
You didn't read my post.:(

Its decent if you do it on read that they will jump, but unfortunately on reaction its getting stuffed or a trade which I don't understand why since the hitbox on it looks to be huge. I think its priority thing like CDjr stated. Cyborg back dash is godlike so I use that or air to air jump 1 into 11~ db1 MB... than setup a missile and begin iafbs shit:D
are you playing online?

AAing is way easier offline

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
From the little bit I've played, Supermans Anti-Air Grab (it's actually called that) is pretty damn good. I was using it on reaction.
Kind of, its not as good as other AA grabs such as Grundy or Doomsday though. It still will trade with very high priority jump attacks which leads to a net loss to Superman. It is better than most characters though.

are you playing online?

AAing is way easier offline
I played offline, and online on xbl but mostly online. Online been awesome for me, but I am coming from mk9 on psn though which would make anything seem awesome to me. I mostly played against my friends batman offline with cyborg and his jump 2 stuffs damn near everything, sometimes it even stuffed my air to air jump 1. I am gonna start trying MB b3/f3 now thanks to information in this thread. I need an attack that will make them fear jumping and the damage from a uppercut or db1 won't do that job. Hopefully when I get my Iafb more on point pll will be scared to even attempt to jump at cyborg!

Yeah so far air to air 1s vs 2s has been the one way I can really make someone fear jumping cause I can combo of it and go into missile setups with cyborg. How are armored F3/B3 as big anti air punishes in your opinion?

Didn't I say jumping was gonna be really powerful in my day 1 impressions of the demo? I called that with like 3 hours with the game.
Well, You said jumping will be a problem it in terms of movement though, and this thread was focused more on jump defense since priority on normals seem as of now based on my little bit of experience to lose to them.

zaf

professor
TomlulsBrady

what i think is going on here is, too many AAs being godlike at upclose and footsie range. out-prioritizing normals when they shouldn't be.
if you look at lexs d2, it has pretty good range, almost the same as his d3. if it had other properties to counter jump ins, it would be amazing for footsies too. could the game be programed to allow uppercuts and AAs to have specific properties against aerial attacks only?