What's new

Anti Airs in Injustice

Cdjr stated this a few hours or suttin ago, -

"Emmanuel Brito ‏@MK_CDjr 15 Apr
uppercuts have no priorities in this game, they get beat out TOO easily except for a few characters. You honestly just jump without fear."

Now if anyone ever follows what I say which I am sure no one does I have been saying this since last week. I play cyborg and my anti airs constantly trade or get stuffed by jump attacks, and if I am not playing someone with a air grab I basically just backdash or air to air now to punish(suggested by slips guide), so I guess what I am saying is why do uppercuts have no priority from what I am seeing right now????

Tom Brady

CD jr

Agreed. Jumping is favored a bit too much.
Batman Jump 2 for examples stuffs/trades with Uppercuts like grundys more than half the time, why though? the hitbox is huge! Also, whats the point of cyborg db1 uppercut thing if it gets stuffed when using it as anti airs?

:( I catching so much feels online, help me please someone!

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
jokers jumping 2 is completely broken when done correctly, not reffering to the crossup, that fairly godlike.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Yeah, being able to anti air the best jump-ins seems like an exception as opposed to the standard. Having bad AA is definitely normal for a character and if your char is one of the ones that has good AA it should be considered a plus.

aw
if AA are bad in this game, i will drop it instantly.
like in sfxt, i hate dealing against online 24/7 jumpers. the people jump all day even in mk9 where aa leads to full combo lol

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
It'll either be a completely different ball game from AAing in MK or perhaps they eliminated emphasis on AAs in the first place, I really don't understand why so many players are getting worked up over this before the game is even in the hands of the masses.

In other news, I'm gonna go play Soul Calibur 5 and make hopkicks my go-to launcher.

Batman Jump 2 for examples stuffs/trades with Uppercuts like grundys more than half the time, why though? the hitbox is huge! Also, whats the point of cyborg db1 uppercut thing if it gets stuffed when using it as anti airs?

:( I catching so much feels online, help me please someone!
Grundy has an Anti Air grab, why would you use his uppercut? Does it suck or something?

Cdjr stated this a few hours or suttin ago, -

"Emmanuel Brito ‏@MK_CDjr 15 Apr
uppercuts have no priorities in this game, they get beat out TOO easily except for a few characters. You honestly just jump without fear."

Now if anyone ever follows what I say which I am sure no one does I have been saying this since last week. I play cyborg and my anti airs constantly trade or get stuffed by jump attacks, and if I am not playing someone with a air grab I basically just backdash or air to air now to punish(suggested by slips guide), so I guess what I am saying is why do uppercuts have no priority from what I am seeing right now????

Tom Brady
i have now played for 50 hrs... i agree one hundred percent. air to air is your best option. but ya... people can literally jump for free :/

aw
if AA are bad in this game, i will drop it instantly.
like in sfxt, i hate dealing against online 24/7 jumpers. the people jump all day even in mk9 where aa leads to full combo lol
I ain't saying its bad as of yet, I am just some guy who plays online. I am just catching shit ton of feels atm and need one the MK9 gawds to help resolve those feels!

Grundy has an Anti Air grab, why would you use his uppercut? Does it suck or something?
Think about it, Grundy uppercat hitts you can 11 into his grab trait to really scare a nigga from jumping, and grundy air grab doesn't scare a nigga from the reward of landing a jump in like that, and plus it lacks the reach of a air grab like doomsday, but, thats just nitpicking!

It'll either be a completely different ball game from AAing in MK or perhaps they I really don't understand why so many players are getting worked up over this before the game is even in the hands of the masses.
You're correct, but logic wasn't behind the creation of this thread. The feels prompted me to make this thread.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
How viable is the 1 bar of meter b3?
Very, the faster the better though with those since they only have 1 hit of armor though, otherwise against someone like batman you'll get blown up by jump-in into a fast string. So the exceptionally fast f3/b3s like GL and KF help there.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Very.

Also I find that a lot of characters have great anti airs.

Aquaman, Grundy, Superman, Killer Frost, Hawkgirl, WW (Sword Stance), Green Lantern, Black Adam, etc.
I don't feel Black Adam should be on that list.

His D2 is really low and gets beat by a lot. I have had some success using db3 tho.

LEGEND

YES!
i want to know if they is any kind of recovery or vunerablilty on the ground after you wiff an air attack

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Sounds like ima mix it up with backdashing jumpins and armored b3 when i have armor available. Unless of course cyborg has a good AA

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
You people do realize that many off the anti airs dont jail, even dough it saids it "combo hit wise"

well this is just speaking from the demo ive being interrupted many times after a jump in