What's new

Anime discussion thread

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I could go into all of the anime that I watch and have watched but if I did that I would be here all night. Instead, I'll just keep this thread watched, and comment where I can. :)

DJ L Toro, fillers can be annoying, but I watch them anyways because I get to see some things that I would've have seen had the filler episode not been put in. Naruto probably will be going on for another year and something, if it goes longer, i'll just keep watching because I enjoy naruto a lot (my personal favorite anime). As far as bleach goes, i'll just keep watching it to see how it goes, i'm liking it so far and I tend to finish what I start.
That's fine, i'm not saying all filler is bad (like natruto ep 100 is hilarious. that's the ep they try to see what's under kakashi's mask), but that it takes a lot away from a show when more of it is filler than actual show. Like if i like a show's characters, for example, i like them because of how they contribute to the plot and how they grow and interact relative to previous interactions. that is, i like to have a reference point to determine whether a character is deep. with filler there's no way to determine that because the characters can be used for whatever purpose they want, can have growth in one episode, and then in the next that never happened and they're more shallow than before. Naruto does this with some of my favorite characters (like what happened to hinata's chakra lazers that she beat all those bees with in that one filler? you would think because of this she would be taught to use this skill more proficiently and develop precise, deadly long ranged attacks that would be undetectable AND/OR that she would be taught medical ninjutsu and come to shippuuden as a premier surgion. but nah, she's about as good as she was in naruto with a little more confidence and slightly improved general taijutsu. THAT'S IT. maaaaaaaaaaaan), and i think that's why i dont really give it any props. To be clear though, i'm the same way. i'm still watching the show because i like to finish what i start (and i like to know what i'm talking about when i criticize something).

good luck with bleach. if you want to skip bad filler skip eps: 64-109, 168-189, 206-212 (though these give some backstory, so i'd watch after), 230-265, and everything after 309-310ish. plus all the stupid holiday and new year specials. it's over 120 of the 310 episodes of the main series, 100% of everything after.
If i were you, though, i would stop after the first season or two. the first 63 episodes are worth a watch, but everything else goes pretty downhill after that.

That's fine, i'm not saying all filler is bad (like natruto ep 100 is hilarious. that's the ep they try to see what's under kakashi's mask), but that it takes a lot away from a show when more of it is filler than actual show. Like if i like a show's characters, for example, i like them because of how they contribute to the plot and how they grow and interact relative to previous interactions. that is, i like to have a reference point to determine whether a character is deep. with filler there's no way to determine that because the characters can be used for whatever purpose they want, can have growth in one episode, and then in the next that never happened and they're more shallow than before. Naruto does this with some of my favorite characters (like what happened to hinata's chakra lazers that she beat all those bees with in that one filler? you would think because of this she would be taught to use this skill more proficiently and develop precise, deadly long ranged attacks that would be undetectable AND/OR that she would be taught medical ninjutsu and come to shippuuden as a premier surgion. but nah, she's about as good as she was in naruto with a little more confidence and slightly improved general taijutsu. THAT'S IT. maaaaaaaaaaaan), and i think that's why i dont really give it any props. To be clear though, i'm the same way. i'm still watching the show because i like to finish what i start (and i like to know what i'm talking about when i criticize something).

good luck with bleach. if you want to skip bad filler skip eps: 64-109, 168-189, 206-212 (though these give some backstory, so i'd watch after), 230-265, and everything after 309-310ish. plus all the stupid holiday and new year specials. it's over 120 of the 310 episodes of the main series, 100% of everything after.
If i were you, though, i would stop after the first season or two. the first 63 episodes are worth a watch, but everything else goes pretty downhill after that.
yep true. I'm really liking how they developed naruto, also killer bee is one of my favorites for sure. I'm on season 7/8 of shippuden, and watching new episodes every Thursday. I'll take your bleach info, if it gets bad, i'll head out haha.

RM Truth

yep true. I'm really liking how they developed naruto, also killer bee is one of my favorites for sure. I'm on season 7/8 of shippuden, and watching new episodes every Thursday. I'll take your bleach info, if it gets bad, i'll head out haha.

Reading the manga for bleach and naruto so I can't be bothered to watch the animes. If it helps you guys out bleach anime is over and naruto should be ending soon.

Reading the manga for bleach and naruto so I can't be bothered to watch the animes. If it helps you guys out bleach anime is over and naruto should be ending soon.
ah ok cool, so I know where bleach ends. And I heard naruto will be done soon, so I'll keep watching for sure. Might watch one piece after bleach.

RM Truth

ah ok cool, so I know where bleach ends. And I heard naruto will be done soon, so I'll keep watching for sure. Might watch one piece after bleach.
One piece is.....very long. Have you started it yet or read any of the manga? I think we're at 600 + episodes and still going.

RM Truth

haven't even started it lol, that will be a mission to finish that. I like how sword art online looks as well.

Sword Art Online is definitely worth watching, but the second season is very meh.

The first arc is really good, but after that they just repeat the same formula. With bad writing, pacing, and no logic. Things that happen later on contradict that happens early on.
hmm, interesting. I get annoyed when fillers are put in when a really good episode is supposed to come up next, they hold off on it. I'll see how it turns, if it turns out how some have said, then I have other choices to watch haha.

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
Just finished watching Welcome to the NHK a few days ago. If you like more psychological animes, I'd definitely recommend it.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Log Horizon is what SAO should have beem

Whoa. Wait. They're both good in different ways. SAO was like that because the novels weren't originally in chronological order and the anime 'fixed' it without including all of the side stories which left out a lot of plot holes.

Log Horizon has only been out for approximately a month now. Can't judge yet. But I do enjoy Shiroe more than Kirito. Nerf Thorn Bind Hostage.