What's new

Anime discussion thread

Anyone saw the new Steins;Gate movie? It was sick
I loved it! i thought people were going to hate it because it's so different from everything else that's been made. There was no overt action, it was very dark and psychological for most of it, and most of it was thought experimentation and science! To me it was one of the most brilliant works of art as fas as anime that has been made ever. Of course, i also have the show in my top 3 (possibly number 1), so i might be a little biased :p

also, just picked up fullmetal: brotherhood. i'm loving it even though i didnt care for FMA when i was younger.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Can anyone suggest me good action anime that isn't the following:
Naruto
DBZ
Bleach
Hunter x Hunter
Attack on Titan
Claymore
Samurai Champloo
Cowboy Beebop (man what a damn good show)

I'm kind of in a rut since i caught up to the current Hunter x Hunter anime as well as Naruto and Titan.

Naruto
DBZ
Bleach
Hunter x Hunter
Attack on Titan
Claymore
Samurai Champloo

I'm kind of in a rut since i caught up to the current Hunter x Hunter anime as well as Naruto and Titan.
Hellsing Ultimate

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I'd just like to take a second and say that Attack On Titan is some of the best shit I've seen or read. Its amazing, I'm also catching up on Ippo. Ippo is hype!

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
As a kid I watched a ton of DBZ/Pokemon/Yugioh

Now I'm starting to get into certain animes a little bit, I just need to find the right ones for me. I like action and fighting and blood, not drama/animesex/girly stuff. Take Hellsing for example, that's a pretty decent anime.

I will say that I have seen every single episode of Avatar the last Airbender and The Legend of Korra, and those are two of my favorite shows of all time pretty much.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Naruto
DBZ
Bleach
Hunter x Hunter
Attack on Titan
Claymore
Samurai Champloo

I would recommend Kill la Kill. If you've seen Gurren Lagann, it's from the same people. It's got great action, and it's even more over the top then DBZ or Bleach. Cage Redfield can vouch as well.

RM Truth

http://anichart.net/airing

My last little contribution today. For anyone that would like to follow current anime seasons, this link gives you all the current anime that are airing right now. Keep in mind that this is based on Japanese time, so if the subbing group is on the ball, you could techincally watch the episode the day before.

I would recommend Kill la Kill. If you've seen Gurren Lagann, it's from the same people. It's got great action, and it's even more over the top then DBZ or Bleach. Cage Redfield can vouch as well.
Yeah, KLK is made by Trigger, which is made up of former Gainax employees. It has amazing action scenes, with the 3rd episode taking the cake, imo. There's also humorous bits of the show, involving Ryuko's friend, Mako, or her homeroom teacher, Aikiko Mikisugi (also known as Kamina-Sensei, since he looks the character from TTGL at certain points of the show). There's also a tiny bit of ecchi thrown in, since the main characters' transformation outfits are the skimpiest you've ever seen. The series is at it's 11th episode atm, it should be easy to just marathon it in a day or two 'til ep 12 comes out (assuming episode 12 will end the series, which kinda isn't looking that way, what with the introduction of a new character happening in the next episode).

If you enjoyed TTGL for what that was, I would suggest you watch KLK. It's over the top, funny, has interesting characters (especially in Satsuki's Elite Four), and amazing action sequences. The ost for it is pretty good, too ;3

RM Truth

The series is at it's 11th episode atm, it should be easy to just marathon it in a day or two 'til ep 12 comes out (assuming episode 12 will end the series, which kinda isn't looking that way, what with the introduction of a new character happening in the next episode).
My inner central antagonist alert is going off right now.

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
off the top of my head I would recommend Code Geass, Blue exorcist, and Clannad
Also Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day if you want to get some feels in your life