What's new

Angry Joe's ''Angry Rant'' and First Impressions on Street Fighter V

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
They wanted to drop the game in time for it to be at EVO so it kinda makes sense they dropped an incomplete game but that doesn't mean it was okay. I'm sure the competitive players don't mind having to wait a month or so to get the whole game, but casual players (which are the majority of the people who bought it) have a lot of reasons to be mad tbh, since all they want is play everything qnd get everything, unlike competitive players that only care about match-ups and learning characters in and out.
The servers still act up but it's not as bad as day one and I am completely sure they will work fine soon or at least in March.
ayy i heard you da bes laura in mexico. let me get it sometime bbygurl

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
Game has been released early to fit the CPT, mostly. Also Capcom has a financial deal with Sony that supports the whole CPT thing, they had to keep up and release the game by February 16th.
This isn't my problem, i really don't give a damn about CPT. If they want to cater to FGC i hope it is big enough to support them in long run.

A few solo modes are missing, that's a fact. None that have been advertised in any way though, let's keep that in mind (check Game Modes trailer)

Now ... are you forced to buy the game in February, if you feel too much content is missing ?
The gameshop from where i buy my games had SFV available on 12th feb, he sent me pic of game's copy. I respectfully said "no thx jeff"

Absolutely not
! Vote with your wallet and don't buy SFV ... at least for now.

Buy in March when a big bunch of game modes get released or in June if you care for Story mode.

Or never !

Or you can buy it now, accept the fact that content will be delivered for free in 2 weeks, play Survival / Prologue Story and train + play people offline/online meanwhile.
Thats exactly i what i m doing, not gonna buy this. Instead i ll buy xbone just to play killer instinct

No use ranting about a game that will offer you ALL GAMEPLAY DLCs for FREE as long as you play and get Fight Money.
The 'Free" Content they are offering for first year isn't enough to justify 60$ price tag. game launched with 16 characters, the first 6 dlcs characters should be free, no fight $ no real $.

just look at the alternative in ArcSys's corner or NRS' Corner (or even KI's) ... you get content on launch day, that's for sure, but your roster is hidden behind a paywall, bumping the final price by a good amount of money.
Never played any arcSys's games.
Killer instinct is free play, you can buy characters if you want to and they look way better than copy/paste fighter's characters.
Ed boon is saint compared to Cashcom.

I don't know about you ... but I prefer a few problems during the first 2 weeks with people that seem to care, communicate A LOT on tweeter about their servers and ongoing problems being resolved (and not JUST to troll like Ed Boon), and will ultimately bring me a great game over the year, without paying anything more ... over so much DLC it's not even funny and 10 months of radio silence about a terrible netcode and suddenly a rollback netcode popping out of nowhere ! lol
Enjoy the grinding and large waifu hands.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Yeah the lack of Arcade mode AND vs CPU is a little annoying. I like to practice against the AI in traditional style matches before jumping into online. Survivor is doing fine as a substitute, but still, its a little weird that they missed those two things.

Next is the online issues. I understand that online hits bumps and stuff but was that not what the beta was for? Like I said, I know they are likley working hard to fix everything and I appreciate that and I don't expect them to be able to wave a magic wand and everything be perfect instantly, it's just annoying when you are deep into survival trying to unlock costumes or fight money and bam, disconnected from server no money for you lolz. Idk, my experience with it yesterday left me a little frustrated hahaha

Still a fun game though, and I don't regret buying it.

mercureXI

Punching bag that throws fans !
The 'Free" Content they are offering for first year isn't enough to justify 60$ price tag. game launched with 16 characters, the first 6 dlcs characters should be free, no fight $ no real $.
You never played many games at launch huh ? 16 characters is usually what you get when a game starts fresh (BlazBlue, Xrd, SFIV, etc).

Killer instinct is free play, you can buy characters if you want to and they look way better than copy/paste fighter's characters.
Opinion VS reality. Being a KI fanboy doesn't make its roster any less expensive if you plan on picking all gameplay content.

Enjoy the grinding and large waifu hands.
You know when no one laughs at a joke, repeating it 20 times a day only turns you into a sad clown :)

Nice arguments though, well thought post ... KI community must be proud of having you :)

mercureXI

I like to practice against the AI in traditional style matches before jumping into online.
Just go training mode, turn AI to level 8 and turn off unlimited ressources (life etc).

You'll have infinite rounds against a CPU, which is quite close to just having vs CPU.

At least, it's a nice enough substitute for now. Shame they didn't add this one though, seems simple enough ...

mercureXI

I was super hype to get SFV, but in all honesty I'm not buying a game that is 30% complete on release for $60. I'll wait until it's an actual full game and either buy it then, or lose interest by then and sit it out.
PC version is like 30 bucks though. And won't be "left for dead" considering crossplay and CFN overall functionalites.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
You never played many games at launch huh ? 16 characters is usually what you get when a game starts fresh (BlazBlue, Xrd, SFIV, etc).
Those games have bigger problems than just number of characters. I bought SSFIV but i was disappointed and couldn't play every character on remote controller, Whats the point of buying a game if you are not gonna enjoy it?

As for blazblue and Xrd, i m not big enough weeb to play those games even for free.

Opinion VS reality. Being a KI fanboy doesn't make its roster any less expensive if you plan on picking all gameplay content.
I don't have KI, i don't even own xbone yet but i m interested.
From what i have seen KI is quality product that caters to my casual interests. KI is what injustice should have been. Have you seen TJ combo or cinder's gameplay? those hit effects are "10/10 would watch again level".

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
PC version is like 30 bucks though. And won't be "left for dead" considering crossplay and CFN overall functionalites.
I'm not able to play the PC version, only the PS4 version, which is $60. Far and away not worth my money in its current state.

mercureXI

I'm not able to play the PC version, only the PS4 version, which is $60. Far and away not worth my money in its current state.
Good thing though, in a way, is that waiting will make it easy to get a pre-owned SFV later on with all the salt out there :)

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I guess it doesn't make so much of a difference for us since we're just going to be in training and online really, the casuals are the ones who need all the extra stuff because they're not going to learn the game and characters and matchups at a high level. Not sure why he's so worked up about there only being 16 people in it especially when he understands that there's so much else lacking already though lol. Makes me wonder what the first DLC character is going to be like when they come out since they're busy working on all the stuff that has to start/come out in March as well.
I'm sure time wasn't on there side
You're slipping :16Bit
I was super hype to get SFV, but in all honesty I'm not buying a game that is 30% complete on release for $60. I'll wait until it's an actual full game and either buy it then, or lose interest by then and sit it out.
You bought MKX which only had 70% of its characters and skins, why didn't you wait for XL? :DOGE:DOGE:DOGE

mercureXI

I bought SSFIV but i was disappointed and couldn't play every character on remote controller
Tell me again which character is not playable on pad ?

Because, I play all characters in USF4, and I'm a pad player ... lol

As for blazblue and Xrd, i m not big enough weeb to play those games
Getting a feeling here ... but hey maybe I'm wrong ...

KI is what injustice should have been. Have you seen TJ combo or cinder's gameplay? those hit effects are "10/10 would watch again level"
Sure, Injustice should have been like KI ... sure (wow) ... and yeah, hit effects are what matters in a fighting game :)

LucaTheRipper

RULES OF NATURE!
Okay, I don't consider myself a ''casual'' I'm always training and improving in almost every fighting game I play. I would probably don't mind about the game lacking some content but I really enjoy trials, arcade, story modes, extras etc. I don't think I should buy SFV now because it is costing circa: $270,00 - $299,90 in my country... I would buy it without thinking twice if wasn't for this abusive price. I'll wait a best (honest) price and more complete game.

Last edited:

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
Real question is how long before US players start getting bodied despite no head start in Asia?

Where is it 30$? Cheapest I see is 45. Steam is console price. I'd legit buy it right now if I could get it at that fair price.

Last edited:

virtiqaL

Noob
The lack of content really makes me appreciate just how much work and effort NRS puts into their games.

Really... compare the amount of content of MKX at launch compared to SFV at launch, not even just the playable modes, but all of the voiceover work, the awesome sound design, all the unique brutalities... really... it's almost mind boggling how much more content MKX has.

Last edited:
I have to say there is one problem to those saying casuals should buy it when it has the content they want....Y'all know how every one talks about NRS casuals (Play for a weeks, buy dlc, then move on to next AAA release) By the time SFV gets the content they want in march there is a good chance that other AAA games and dlc that are more interesting to casuals will be released around the same time.

Now that raises the question of will they buy SFV that has the content they want now or that new hot stuff on the block?

People value different things and while this game has everything for competitive players, it has none for those who don't have that mindset.
Now with that all that said SFV is going to thrive for years in the scene and be supported, but for sequel concerns I'm hoping sales are good as capcom japan will put a fork in anything that doesn't exceed sales expectations. #R.I.Pdarkstalkers.

I had to Pre-Purchase the game on Steam to get access to the beta, it was after I Pre-Purchased the entire game they announced releasing content later.
I dont really know much about steam but I am guessing you cannot get a refund as they included beta playtime in with the 2 hour limit or whatever it is for the refund requirement.

mercureXI

The lack of content really makes me appreciate just how much work and effort NRS puts into their games.

Really... compare the amount of content of MKX at launch compared to SFV at launch, not even just the playable modes, but all of the voiceover work, the awesome sound design, all the unique brutalities... really... it's almost mind boggling how much was content MKX has.
I'd agree if :

1) I cared about solo stuff
2) I could have played MKX online without lag for 10 months

I have to agree though that these 2 games are quite the opposite, SFV has what seems a balanced cast at launch (nothing feels OP compared to MKX at launch) and an awesome netcode but barebones solo content; while MKX is a great for solo players, but horrible if you plan on playing online reliably.

Pb being, I'd buy 10 SFV over 1 MKX for now ... maybe this will change with MKXL and a new netcode ... no amount of solo content can make me forget about playing online with other great players and have to endure pre-2000 lag ...

I'd trade MKX towers or even story mode anyday for a good online component ...

KCJ506

Noob
Eh, I hate to say this, but I agree with Joe for the most part. The only thing I don't agree with him on is the 16 fighters part. He should know that every character is absolutely different from each other.

And if anyone's gonna bring up how the home version of SF4 had 25 characters, just a reminder that wasn't the first version. The first version(which was the arcade) was released a year beforehand and had 17 characters. Only one character more than SF5 currently has.

Really... compare the amount of content of MKX at launch compared to SFV at launch, not even just the playable modes, but all of the voiceover work, the awesome sound design, all the unique brutalities... really... it's almost mind boggling how much was content MKX has.
i just played a ft10 last night with some random guy in France and didn't even have a single lag related issue. I'll take less single player content with a working net code 10 out of 10 times.

virtiqaL

Noob
I'd agree if :

1) I cared about solo stuff
2) I could have played MKX online without lag for 10 months

I have to agree though that these 2 games are quite the opposite, SFV has what seems a balanced cast at launch (nothing feels OP compared to MKX at launch) and an awesome netcode but barebones solo content; while MKX is a great for solo players, but horrible if you plan on playing online reliably.

Pb being, I'd buy 10 SFV over 1 MKX for now ... maybe this will change with MKXL and a new netcode ... no amount of solo content can make me forget about playing online with other great players and have to endure pre-2000 lag ...

I'd trade MKX towers or even story mode anyday for a good online component ...
Are we playing the same SFV? SFV had a beta for what, a year before launch? It's online has been pretty shitty since launch even with all of the beta testing.

And I don't mean more content in terms of just solo/sp, I mean... you're getting WAY more bang for your buck with MKX than you are with SFV. Even the online, while yes, was poor, we atleast had features like King of the Hill. The fact that SFV currently has only 2 player lobbies is just embarrassing.

Outside of the base gameplay, which is subjective more than anything, I don't think SFV beats MKX in any regard.

mercureXI

Are we playing the same SFV? SFV had a beta for what, a year before launch? It's online has been pretty shitty since launch even with all of the beta testing.

And I don't mean more content in terms of just solo/sp, I mean... you're getting WAY more bang for your buck with MKX than you are with SFV. Even the online, while yes, was poor, we atleast had features like King of the Hill. The fact that SFV currently has only 2 player lobbies is just embarrassing.

Outside of the base gameplay, which is subjective more than anything, I don't think SFV beats MKX in any regard.
Online had problems like 2 days in. Any online heavy game has server issues when "everyone connects at the same time at launch".

It works fine now.

King of the hill ? What's the point of more online modes if you have lag anyway ? LOL

SFV will have 8 player lobbies in March ... not a big deal for now, learning matchups anyway ...

And SFV shits all over MKX when it comes to online netcode ... that's a given ...