What's new

Angry Joe's ''Angry Rant'' and First Impressions on Street Fighter V

mercureXI

Punching bag that throws fans !
ome people are saying they released it now for EVO, but they could of released it next month with more features and it still would be at EVO
You mistake EVO for CPT, mate.

1st CPT event is : Cannes Winter Clash – France – February 26-28

You understand that they kinda had to release it at least a few weeks before that for people to train efficiently.

EVO isn't the only event ;)

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
You mistake EVO for CPT, mate.

1st CPT event is : Cannes Winter Clash – France – February 26-28

You understand that they kinda had to release it at least a few weeks before that for people to train efficiently.

EVO isn't the only event ;)
I didn't mistake anything. There are people in this thread saying they did it for EVO. It's their own tournament. Should of pushed it back.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Ask anyone you know not using WiFi to try and play.

I really wonder why they still let people using that shit going online for these games, even though ArcSys started putting info about WiFi being bad in their manuals.
I mean maybe thats it but I highly doubt everyone i've been playing online is using wifi. Not to mention the plenty of times i've been kicked from the server during a match/trying to find a lounge which has nothing to do with anyone's connection.

The online is definitely not good for me so far.

mercureXI

I mean maybe thats it but I highly doubt everyone i've been playing online is using wifi. Not to mention the plenty of times i've been kicked from the server during a match/trying to find a lounge which has nothing to do with anyone's connection.

The online is definitely not good for me so far.
I honestly don't know. Been playing for days, I have little to no trouble, maybe 2 disconnects from server.

Bad luck maybe :(

mercureXI

I didn't mistake anything. There are people in this thread saying they did it for EVO. It's their own tournament. Should of pushed it back.
You realize pushing back huge tournaments isn't as easy as pushing back the moment you want to go to McDonald's for french fries huh ? :)

People planned ahead for the location / rent + booked airplane / train tickets + hotel room.

Sure they screwed up their timing ... that's a given ... but you won't ask CPT events people to postpone everything they planned months ago for a few solo modes that will arrive 2 weeks after launch ... that's madness :)

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
You realize pushing back huge tournaments isn't as easy as pushing back the moment you want to go to McDonald's for french fries huh ? :)

People planned ahead for the location / rent + booked airplane / train tickets + hotel room.

Sure they screwed up their timing ... that's a given ... but you won't ask CPT events people to postpone everything they planned months ago for a few solo modes that will arrive 2 weeks after launch ... that's madness :)
My guess is that they knew several months ago their product would not be finished. They had plenty of time, but I digress. You are turning your cheek to every concern and disputing every post that shows a slight bit of negativity towards the game. No sense in having a conversation about it.

mercureXI

My guess is that they knew several months ago their product would not be finished. They had plenty of time, but I digress. You are turning your cheek to every concern and disputing every post that shows a slight bit of negativity towards the game. No sense in having a conversation about it.
Yeah better post that than use logic at this point ...

Read again the part where I said they screwed up on their timing ... important part being "read" there.

"Your guess" is no valid proof for anything : "My guess" is that they thought is would be ready for February, since they only need 2 more weeks for next batch of content ...

Be realistic and understand that postponing huge events for some optional solo content is clearly a no go ...

Capcom is at fault here ... no way around it ... but it's not a reason to be unrealistic

mercureXI

Just watched a few Phenom VS Alioune matches from CFN replays.

Damn Alioune looks solid with Chun-Li !

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
Except for now, everyone has already enough F.M for Alex and at least 1-2 other characters.

Being able to play and "earn" the characters is way better than "forced to buy" anyway.

Let's talk about "grinding" when it's gonna be one ... for now, we don't know about the amount of FM earned through Daily Challenges or new solo modes.

Talking out of our asses about this isn't gonna be adding anything here.

And about "working but bad" ... let's be clear here : if you have IGAU2 with 30 frames of lag ... it will be good enough for you as long as you see characters on screen ?
It's not "working" it's faking it ... defending MKX's netcode in 2016 ... dude ... stop :)

And finally ESL ? Let's talk about it yeah, when are top 16 being played online ? oh right ... never :)

Ask @SonicFox if he wants ESL finals to be played online using current MKX's netcode, and let's all laugh together !
Why would they do the top 16 online when they can do a huge offline event and make a show based off it? No matter how good online is in a game it is always going to be more reliable offline. Offline guarantees a uniform playing experience whereas online things can happen, like they have been with SFV's online servers if you haven't noticed

mercureXI

Why would they do the top 16 online when they can do a huge offline event and make a show based off it? No matter how good online is in a game it is always going to be more reliable offline. Offline guarantees a uniform playing experience whereas online things can happen, like they have been with SFV's online servers if you haven't noticed
Please don't start that shit again :)

Capcom has screwed their launch for the casual crowd, that's been said, that's true.

No reason to go back to "MKX has a good netcode, just look at ESL !" jokes ... we got the first one :)

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
"angry joe" is a perfect example of all that is wrong with some game commentators. he is no more a reviewer than Zero Punctuation is or w/e. He has a shtick that is more important than the reviews. He feeds on negative reviews and comments and shouldn't be taken seriously in any way.

As for ST5?

Blow hard losers like Joe will never understand what a game like SF5 is about. They have the core done and it is awesome, and now as new features come in it will only get better.
You realize he's a casual right?

It's his job to make these rants and not only that he doesn't want to get into being good or anything like that he just plays it for fun.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Yeah better post that than use logic at this point ...

Read again the part where I said they screwed up on their timing ... important part being "read" there.

"Your guess" is no valid proof for anything : "My guess" is that they thought is would be ready for February, since they only need 2 more weeks for next batch of content ...

Be realistic and understand that postponing huge events for some optional solo content is clearly a no go ...

Capcom is at fault here ... no way around it ... but it's not a reason to be unrealistic
Alienating casuals is the problem. I wouldn't doubt if most have moved on or about to. Single player content doesn't mean much to me, but they needed that on release to lure the casuals in so maybe they'd stick around and compete one day. I was just hoping this game would create a boom like IV, but I don't see that happening with all the issues.

mercureXI

Alienating casuals is the problem. I wouldn't doubt if most have moved on or about to. Single player content doesn't mean much to me, but they needed that on release to lure the casuals in so maybe they'd stick around and compete one day. I was just hoping this game would create a boom like IV, but I don't see that happening with all the issues.
I agree about the fact that the only way to create big money in video games is siphoning the "casuals".

Capcom simplified SFV gameplay so that entry base is easier for them, but did a big mistake by not including an in-depth tutorial, thinking maybe CFN replays would serve as a database for improving (I use it that way, but beginners need basics before being able to educate "themselves" that way).

Luring casuals might have worked though (so many people using wifi and spamming shoryukens !), but their business model being "stick with the game and play", not sure if they will stick to the game until March without solo modes or anything "real" for them to grasp the basics before getting crush countered all day once they go online.

One thing that's for sure : Capcom should have saved money on PR events like Lupe VS Daigo ... and put that into a few more people working on the game to launch as complete as possible :)

One thing that's for sure : Capcom should have saved money on PR events like Lupe VS Daigo ... and put that into a few more people working on the game to launch as complete as possible :)
Even though I agree with this, I wonder how many people bought the game after watching this?

Yeah better buy a game blindfolded, then rant all day about missing features ... I agree ...

At least he is smart about it : game is barebones, he won't buy it until enough content is released.

A lot of people should take notes here ...
u like it or not
capcom fucked the game
stop fandefending it that much
it'll be a *good* game in 2017 maybe
now its pure shit

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
People act like they didn't know what they were buying.

It has been outlined by capcom ever since they've been advertising it and only now do ppl have a problem with it.

It seems the people who are truly the most upset are just the casual fans who didn't bother looking anything up beforehand.

The best part is, a lot of these ppl might just stop playing and their copy will be sitting there for years untouched, until one day they finally decide to play SFV again and it'll be full of new characters and content.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
People act like they didn't know what they were buying.

It has been outlined by capcom ever since they've been advertising it and only now do ppl have a problem with it.

It seems the people who are truly the most upset are just the casual fans who didn't bother looking anything up beforehand.

The best part is, a lot of these ppl might just stop playing and their copy will be sitting there for years untouched, until one day they finally decide to play SFV again and it'll be full of new characters and content.
Thats exactly the problem lol.

Casual fans either saw commercials or saw the Lupe Fiasco v. Daigo thing and then bought the game. Just because you're smart enough to research before you buy doesn't mean everyone else is. And now those casuals who bought the game have a shit tutorial and no real way to get acclimated with the game other than survival or getting decimated online. There's nothing there to bring new people in to the competitive community that Capcom is trying to appeal to.

"angry joe" is a perfect example of all that is wrong with some game commentators. he is no more a reviewer than Zero Punctuation is or w/e. He has a shtick that is more important than the reviews. He feeds on negative reviews and comments and shouldn't be taken seriously in any way.

As for ST5?

Blow hard losers like Joe will never understand what a game like SF5 is about. They have the core done and it is awesome, and now as new features come in it will only get better.
is this better?

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
KI and SFV have entirely different reasons as to why the games are the way they are.

SFV follows an early access model but charges a AAA price tag, which is no doubt very confusing to the casual fans that picked it up expecting it to be like every other previous SF title they'd bought in the past.

KI followed the early access model but understood that, so they only charged you £15 for the Combo Breaker pack, which was everything you could have needed to play the game to its fullest, then KI Season 2 comes out following the same business model, but once again charged us another £15 for the full pack of S2 characters and the modes that came with it. For Season 1 and 2 for KI you paid £20 less than what you paid for SFV.

KI's price tag made sense, SFV's does not.

Let's not forget that both games have Microtransactions too, I've always found Free to play shenanigans in a full retail priced game to be extremely annoying.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"

As for ST5?

The casual voice matters.

They make up 90% of sales and keep the game existing. It is extremely evident that the hardcore market were unable to keep Capcom from being in serious financial trouble during the days of SF4. It took Sony to reach into their deep pockets to get SFV off the ground. This attitude is unhealthy for the game IMO.