What's new

Angry Joe's ''Angry Rant'' and First Impressions on Street Fighter V

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
People are also missing the point pretty hard.

People are not mad because they wanted a story mode or whatever, people are annoyed because they spend £50 on Survival, training mode and online.

The day the servers went down was bad because it showed in plain black and white just how little is in the game currently.

The game is solid as a rock as a competitive fighter, so the pro scene will no doubt thrive, but it's totally understandable people not interested in the pro scene don't feel like they got their moneys worth.

People are not mad because they wanted a story mode or whatever, people are annoyed because they spend £50 on Survival, training mode and online.

The day the servers went down was bad because it showed in plain black and white just how little is in the game currently.

The game is solid as a rock as a competitive fighter, so the pro scene will no doubt thrive, but it's totally understandable people not interested in the pro scene don't feel like they got their moneys worth.
Then those people should have done research on what the game will have.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069

There were no secrets about what would be included in the game. People buy games without researching them in 2016, well, that isn't Capcom's problem. Wait a month or two, problem solved amigo.

I wonder how the millions of pc nrs players now and online warriros of 2015 felt about nrs what kind of game they bought with MKX.

haketh

Noob
Then those people should have done research on what the game will have.
They only had a weeks notice, people preorder games and people had the idea that the game would not be so feature light from how Capcom advertised the game before a week ahead of release they annouced all the features will be staggered.

They only had a weeks notice, people preorder games and people had the idea that the game would not be so feature light from how Capcom advertised the game before a week ahead of release they annouced all the features will be staggered.
so should capcom have delayed the games release till late March? Or what? Because I'm not entirely sure what the other options were. These features are coming and they are free. Either way people would be upset.

Gamer68

Fujin!

This. It's also disappointing to see that they are having server issues when they had 4 beta phases and multiple stress tests leading up to release.

Also, while I agree with the others who say they should look into what they are buying before they actually do buy it, people were expecting AT LEAST an Arcade Mode and Single-Fight/VS CPU. And honestly, it's not so bad for people to expect that -- both of those modes a regular things for fighting games to have. No one SHOULD have to research to see weather or not Street Fighter V -- a 2016 "next-generation" fighting game -- has an Arcade Mode or not. It should just have it.

Not to mention there are features that is missing from the PC version at launch, things as simple as rebinding keys or Dinput for PlayStation controllers/sticks. I mean, this is a game Sony funded, why does the game have Xinput support for Xbox controllers/sticks but no Dinput support? It's just really weird.

Gamer68

Fujin!
so should capcom have delayed the games release till late March? Or what? Because I'm not entirely sure what the other options were. These features are coming and they are free. Either way people would be upset.
Actually, Capcom hasn't even confirmed weather or not the game will be getting an Arcade Mode OR Vs CPU.

Everyone thought it was going to be in at launch (because it's easy to assume that those things will be), but they weren't. The day after launch Capcom said that they "know people want those modes, and they are looking into adding them" or something like that.

It's awesome for competitive players that the game is already out, but it's also completely understandable why the casual players (who do make up like 70% of the community) are so angry; because the game is so lacking in content. They might would be fine with buying the game if it wasn't full-price ($60), but it is -- and it has a $30 season pass.

Another thing that's pissing them off is the fact Capcom wasn't more vocal about that stuff. While Capcom said it was going to be barebones at launch, everyone was still expecting the most simple modes, yet those didn't make it in. I'm going to be complete honest: with everything I've seen, Street Fighter V doesn't even look like half of a fighting game currently.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
The way I see it Capcom took an L for the sake of the conpetitive community. Awesome.

Now the server issues can be bad, but have seen noticeable improvement over a few days. Could be ironed out within a month.

Idk I guess coming from the nrs experience, these Capcom problems seem like nothing to me.

This. It's also disappointing to see that they are having server issues when they had 4 beta phases and multiple stress tests leading up to release.

Also, while I agree with the others who say they should look into what they are buying before they actually do buy it, people were expecting AT LEAST an Arcade Mode and Single-Fight/VS CPU. And honestly, it's not so bad for people to expect that -- both of those modes a regular things for fighting games to have. No one SHOULD have to research to see weather or not Street Fighter V -- a 2016 "next-generation" fighting game -- has an Arcade Mode or not. It should just have it.

Not to mention there are features that is missing from the PC version at launch, things as simple as rebinding keys or Dinput for PlayStation controllers/sticks. I mean, this is a game Sony funded, why does the game have Xinput support for Xbox controllers/sticks but no Dinput support? It's just really weird.
Survival mode is close enough. Can these people who don't research games they plan to spend real money on not wait a month, though? Probably not.

haketh

Noob
And? Yeah either way it was probably a lose/lose situation but that doesn't absolve Capcom of deserved criticism.

Gamer68

Fujin!
The way I see it Capcom took an L for the sake of the conpetitive community. Awesome.

Now the server issues can be bad, but have seen noticeable improvement over a few days. Could be ironed out within a month.

Idk I guess coming from the nrs experience, these Capcom problems seem like nothing to me.

Survival mode is close enough. Can these people not wait a month?
Capcom has never said that the game is getting Arcade Mode next month. Ever.

It's completely fine for people to be upset over this. Firstly, I don't think Capcom ever de-confirmed Arcade Mode before launch, so everyone was expecting it (I was too, I mean, who wouldn't?). Now, after launch, Capcom is saying they "know people want those modes and are looking into adding them". http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/feb/18/capcom-may-add-arcade-mode-street-fighter-5-difficulty-settings-story-mode-reportedly-works/

So we don't even know when it's coming. March? April? May!? Who knows.

EDIT: I misunderstood your comment, sorry. Still, Survivial isn't enough for casual players. Maybe for people like you and me, it's fine. But to like 70% that's going to buy the game? No.

I'm enjoying the game immensely, but I can't for a minute find a reason why casual players shouldn't hate this.

If they wanted to rush it out for the competitive scene, that's fine. But they shouldn't have charged full price for an incomplete product.

Everything being added for free later doesn't help, because you're paying now for something you're getting later. They should only have to pay that price once they get the content- though it'd be ok to allow people to pay in advance via some premium package of sorts. Nonetheless, chargin 60$ for the vanilla game was absolute insanity.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Capcom has never said that the game is getting Arcade Mode next month. Ever.

It's completely fine for people to be upset over this. Firstly, I don't think Capcom ever de-confirmed Arcade Mode before launch, so everyone was expecting it (I was too, I mean, who wouldn't?). Now, after launch, Capcom is saying they "know people want those modes and are looking into adding them". http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/feb/18/capcom-may-add-arcade-mode-street-fighter-5-difficulty-settings-story-mode-reportedly-works/

So we don't even know when it's coming. March? April? May!? Who knows.

EDIT: I misunderstood your comment, sorry. Still, Survivial isn't enough for casual players. Maybe for people like you and me, it's fine. But to like 70% that's going to buy the game? No.
Ok. Capcom can do what they want with their game. If they don't see Aracde mode for a game that's not even a cabinet, and instead decide for Story mode... than being upset with that is this imaginary casual who plays sf exclusively for this arcade mode's problem. Some people prefer story mode. You win some, you lose some.

There are plans to update the game's content first in March and then April with plenty of casual content.. I understand why casuals are mad now, but I also not-so-secretly don't care considering the content will be here soon/ should've reasesrched it.

I'm enjoying the game immensely, but I can't for a minute find a reason why casual players shouldn't hate this.

If they wanted to rush it out for the competitive scene, that's fine. But they shouldn't have charged full price for an incomplete product.

Everything being added for free later doesn't help, because you're paying now for something you're getting later. They should only have to pay that price once they get the content- though it'd be ok to allow people to pay in advance via some premium package of sorts. Nonetheless, chargin 60$ for the vanilla game was absolute insanity.
if capcom released the game in pieces like that you know we'd just be having another "greedy company dlc" argument. The situation was/is/and will remain a lose/lose one for capcom.

if capcom released the game in pieces like that you know we'd just be having another "greedy company dlc" argument. The situation was/is/and will remain a lose/lose one for capcom.
So?

People complained about KI as a "DLC trashfest" even though you could buy the game as a complete whole instead of piece meal. Would it have been better if the _only_ way to buy KI was purchase it full price initially and get the characters later? No.

I don't buy the argument "Well, they're going to complain either way, so let's give them a bad deal instead of the good deal"

Here's KI's price model. This is how you should sell a game if it's not completely finished but want to push it out early for fans:

While the $20 bundle is the recommended option, you can buy characters individually for $5. Luckily, you will never have to spend more than $20 on the initial set of characters and stages. Let's say you purchase two characters, spending a total of $10. You can upgrade to the full $20 bundle for the remaining cost of $10. If you only purchased one character, the bundle price would be $15, and if you paid for three characters, the bundle would run $5. You will never be forced to spend more than $20 on the initial bundle whether you buy it in pieces or all at once.
They should have just done this. You can pay for the full game now, or buy most and pay for the rest later. You get a choice. And either way you aren't spending more money.

mercureXI

Punching bag that throws fans !
Online works as intended, with great matches even US vs EU (or JP). And game feels balanced for now.

Training mode is really great.

That's about all I needed.

Arcade mode : I can't care less
Trials : same
Story mode : same

But I get that people caring for solo, feel fuck in the ass till March ...

I now how it feels, I've been fucked in the ass by people caring for solo on MKX over a good netcode for months :)

mercureXI

Even by the end of this year SFV will not have enough content which should have been in this 60$ game. Cheap Crapcom cheap, they are trying to make extra money on the stuff which should be completely free, no fight $ no real $.
Game has been released early to fit the CPT, mostly. Also Capcom has a financial deal with Sony that supports the whole CPT thing, they had to keep up and release the game by February 16th.

A few solo modes are missing, that's a fact. None that have been advertised in any way though, let's keep that in mind (check Game Modes trailer)

Now ... are you forced to buy the game in February, if you feel too much content is missing ?

Absolutely not ! Vote with your wallet and don't buy SFV ... at least for now.

Buy in March when a big bunch of game modes get released or in June if you care for Story mode.

Or never !

Or you can buy it now, accept the fact that content will be delivered for free in 2 weeks, play Survival / Prologue Story and train + play people offline/online meanwhile.

No use ranting about a game that will offer you ALL GAMEPLAY DLCs for FREE as long as you play and get Fight Money.

Just look at the alternative in ArcSys's corner or NRS' Corner (or even KI's) ... you get content on launch day, that's for sure, but your roster is hidden behind a paywall, bumping the final price by a good amount of money.

I don't know about you ... but I prefer a few problems during the first 2 weeks with people that seem to care, communicate A LOT on tweeter about their servers and ongoing problems being resolved (and not JUST to troll like Ed Boon), and will ultimately bring me a great game over the year, without paying anything more ... over so much DLC it's not even funny and 10 months of radio silence about a terrible netcode and suddenly a rollback netcode popping out of nowhere ! lol

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
They wanted to drop the game in time for it to be at EVO so it kinda makes sense they dropped an incomplete game but that doesn't mean it was okay. I'm sure the competitive players don't mind having to wait a month or so to get the whole game, but casual players (which are the majority of the people who bought it) have a lot of reasons to be mad tbh, since all they want is play everything qnd get everything, unlike competitive players that only care about match-ups and learning characters in and out.
The servers still act up but it's not as bad as day one and I am completely sure they will work fine soon or at least in March.

mercureXI

all they want is play everything qnd get everything

The thing is : they got everything that Capcom advertised as launch content ...

No lie there, just people day-dreaming about game modes that never were meant to be launch content.

Would have been better to launch those directly, that's for sure, but Capcom never lied about this ...