What's new

Angry Joe's ''Angry Rant'' and First Impressions on Street Fighter V

LucaTheRipper

RULES OF NATURE!
Angry Joe just posted his ''Angry Rant'' about Street Fighter V including his first impression and thoughts about the present and future of the game.

I didn't get my copy yet, it's really expensive here and in my opinion this game is missing some content.
What are your thoughts?

Last edited:

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
Angry Joe just posted his ''Angry Rant'' about Street Fighter V including his first impression and thoughts about the present and future of the game.

I didn't get my copy yet, it's really expensive here and in my opinion this game is missing a lot of content.
What are your thoughts?
Haven't watched the video yet. Doesn't me too much with the lack of content, as Im mostly just doing survival and training. But the lack of player vs ai single battles and arcade mode... who the fuck thought that was a good idea?

E

Eldriken

I really didn't expect SFV to get so much flak when it released. Then it released and I understand why it's getting this type of attention.

The core gameplay/mechanics are outstanding, but it's lacking features that other people are more interested in. I really don't see how some of the things it's missing are actually missing. No standard rematch? No you vs the CPU? The challenges aren't there? I really don't understand how they could have managed to screw up so badly. I'm sure time wasn't on their side and is a likely candidate for why it was released in its current form, but come on...

Then having to wait until next month for updates to get features that should have been in the game day 1? Capcom really fucked up in that regard. The game's gonna do great otherwise due to it having solely what is needed for the tournament scene. But as far as appealing to the casual audience, they're not too impressed with what they paid for.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really didn't expect SFV to get so much flak when it released. Then it released and I understand why it's getting this type of attention.

The core gameplay/mechanics are outstanding, but it's lacking features that other people are more interested in. I really don't see how some of the things it's missing are actually missing. No standard rematch? No you vs the CPU? The challenges aren't there? I really don't understand how they could have managed to screw up so badly. I'm sure time wasn't on there side and is a likely candidate for why it was released in its current form, but come on...

Then having to wait until next month for updates to get features that should have been in the game day 1? Capcom really fucked up in that regard. The game's gonna do great otherwise due to it having solely what is needed for the tournament scene. But as far as appealing to the casual audience, they're not too impressed with what they paid for.
At the end of the day I'd take it in its current form over waiting a month to buy it for story/challenges. Honestly I only care about training and versus. As long as people were informed of its incomplete state before purchase I think it's fine, similar to an early access title on steam.

Capcom has had some shady business practices. The game is incomplete as far as content goes, but I'm sure SFV will have a pretty long lifespan.

Last edited:

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
Capcom didn't keep it in the dark they let everyone know the plans after the release. They continue to keep us updated as well. The reason why it was release early was for the tournament scene. I enjoy the game now even though its missing content so I know I'll enjoy it even more when it comes March and June.

E

Eldriken

At the end of the day I'd take it in its current form over waiting a month to buy it for story/challenges. Honestly I only care about training and versus. As long as people were informed of its incomplete state before purchase I think it's fine, similar to an early access title on steam.
I agree. I'm fine with what it has because I don't care about any of the other features other than the challenges. I'm just speaking about how others (the more vocal crowd) are going to be unhappy with the game's current state. They have a right to be as well. I think it wasn't up until almost launch day that people began to find out that it was going to be lacking what most would consider core features of a fighting game as of the last 20 years.

I'm sure plenty of people are aware of that. But some of the things it's missing should have been built into the game early on as they're the most common thing in a fighting game...
Depends if parts of this stuff is already on the disc, people are usually fast to data mine this stuff unless its not on there.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
Glad i didn't buy this new iteration of copy/paste fight. Looks like USF4 with updated graphics and little tweaks to moves. If capcom wants to appeal solely to autistic angry no life weeaboos who happen to way bigger weebs than me then i hope they are enough in numbers to support their game.

Glad i didn't buy this new iteration of copy/paste fight. Looks like USF4 with updated graphics and little tweaks to moves. If capcom wants to appeal solely to autistic angry no life weeaboos who happen to way bigger weebs than me then i hope they are enough in numbers to support their game.
if you think this game is anything like sf4 you obviously aren't qualified to make judgements.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
Even by the end of this year SFV will not have enough content which should have been in this 60$ game. Cheap Crapcom cheap, they are trying to make extra money on the stuff which should be completely free, no fight $ no real $.

E

Eldriken

Depends if parts of this stuff is already on the disc, people are usually fast to data mine this stuff unless its not on there.
If people find out the shit is in fact on the disc and locked behind a key, they're gonna fuckin' riot. Capcom got blown up hard for that with SFxT, so I don't think they would be dumb enough to do it again.

If it's fragments of the modes and the rest needs to be added in via an update, I don't think people would mind as much.

I agree. I'm fine with what it has because I don't care about any of the other features other than the challenges. I'm just speaking about how others (the more vocal crowd) are going to be unhappy with the game's current state. They have a right to be as well. I think it wasn't up until almost launch day that people began to find out that it was going to be lacking what most would consider core features of a fighting game as of the last 20 years.
thats reasonable, but I think capcom laid the plan out like a month ago, I knew story wasn't gonna be in on launch. Either way they did it one group was gonna be annoyed, capcom decided to appease the FGC by releasing what they wanted so they could get practice in for tourneys. Can't say I disagree with capcom choosing it's hardcore community over the casual community.

BlackViper415

TYM's Head Herpetologist
It's absolutely ridiculous. I understand wanting to get it out before Capcom Cup and Evo, but Jesus this is even more bare bones than MVC3. I can't even fight the cpu and you expect me to pay $60?

I'll just wait a few months until my birthday and pay $10 - $15 less for a game that's far more complete than this. I don't even care that everyone online will have a leg up. I'll adapt. Capcom really shot themselves in the foot this time.

It's absolutely ridiculous. I understand wanting to get it out before Capcom Cup and Evo, but Jesus this is even more bare bones than MVC3. I can't even fight the cpu and you expect me to pay $60?

I'll just wait a few months until my birthday and pay $10 - $15 less for a game that's far more complete than this. I don't even care that everyone online will have a leg up. I'll adapt. Capcom really shot themselves in the foot this time.
if you wanna fight the cpu go to training mode and set the 2nd player to cpu. You can set difficulty and settings, if you turn health to normal it plays out in rounds and resets when you win. You can also choose where it resets to, so if you wanna work on corner pressure(offensive or defensive) you can set it to always be there.