What's new

Angry Joe's ''Angry Rant'' and First Impressions on Street Fighter V

virtiqaL

Noob
Online had problems like 2 days in. Any online heavy game has server issues when "everyone connects at the same time at launch".

It works fine now.

King of the hill ? What's the point of more online modes if you have lag anyway ? LOL

SFV will have 8 player lobbies in March ... not a big deal for now, learning matchups anyway ...

And SFV shits all over MKX when it comes to online netcode ... that's a given ...
Unless online changed from last night when I last played, it was still having disconnects and lots of rollback jittering even when I had matchmaking set to 4-5 bars only.

If we're going to give Capcom a pass and allow them to ship games with missing/faulty features, we have to give the same courtesy to NRS regarding netcode, which should also be brought over to the full game in March. The Beta netcode currently shits on SFV's netcode, easily.

And I'm not implying at its core that SFV is better/worse than MKX in terms of gameplay, but what you're getting for $60 is pretty wtf. It is literally the most barebones $60 game title I've ever purchased.

mercureXI

Punching bag that throws fans !
Unless online changed from last night when I last played, it was still having disconnects and lots of rollback jittering even when I had matchmaking set to 4-5 bars only.

If we're going to give Capcom a pass and allow them to ship games with missing/faulty features, we have to give the same courtesy to NRS regarding netcode, which should also be brought over to the full game in March. The Beta netcode currently shits on SFV's netcode, easily.

And I'm not implying at its core that SFV is better/worse than MKX in terms of gameplay, but what you're getting for $60 is pretty wtf. It is literally the most barebones $60 game title I've ever purchased.
If you had trouble with rollback, either you use Wifi, or your opponent was.

I have had perfect matches EU vs US, so it's not the netcode, seems quite obvious, especially since most morons use Wifi thinking it's the "way to go" on PS4 ...

About giving NRS some courtesy : you are joking right ?

Capcom will give us extra content for free all over the years, those 60 bucks won't be 100 at the end of the DLC campaign.

And about NRS netcode :
1) radio silence for 10 months was terrible while Capcom tweets almost every day for updates
2) it took them 10 (read : TEN) months to fix this, without anything but a troll tweet a few days before beta started !

And about new netcode shitting all over SFV's netcode : please tell me region lock has been removed or else ... L M A O

Crying over 60 for years of content and gladly pay over 60+40 for getting through the paywall to grasp full roster is funny though ... especially for a game you have to play offline if you don't want to go crazy and that will stop being supported most likely at the end of 2016 :)

(Not even gonna call PC MKX users to teach you the meaning of "courtesy" lol)

virtiqaL

Noob
If you had trouble with rollback, either you use Wifi, or your opponent was.

I have had perfect matches EU vs US, so it's not the netcode, seems quite obvious, especially since most morons use Wifi thinking it's the "way to go" on PS4 ...

About giving NRS some courtesy : you are joking right ?

Capcom will give us extra content for free all over the years, those 60 bucks won't be 100 at the end of the DLC campaign.

And about NRS netcode :
1) radio silence for 10 months was terrible while Capcom tweets almost every day for updates
2) it took them 10 (read : TEN) months to fix this, without anything but a troll tweet a few days before beta started !

And about new netcode shitting all over SFV's netcode : please tell me region lock has been removed or else ... L M A O

Crying over 60 for years of content and gladly pay over 60+40 for getting through the paywall to grasp full roster is funny though ... especially for a game you have to play offline if you don't want to go crazy and that will stop being supported most likely at the end of 2016 :)

(Not even gonna call PC MKX users to teach you the meaning of "courtesy" lol)
I'm wired, and my speedtest is here:
Just so it's clear I'm not using an ass connection.

60 dollars for years of free content? You're kidding right? Capcom is going to make a killing on extra character DLC, it's probably their main motive for shipping the game with such a small roster, it is going to expand a lot and they're going to charge for it. It's fucking Capcom, get real.

As for NRS' netcode, you can say what you want, but it's a free fix, and something they didn't HAVE to do. And even then, netcode issues aside, my point still stands as far as content and production. MKX > SFV by far as far getting more for your money, and that really can't be argued, unless you're a troll.

mercureXI

60 dollars for years of free content? You're kidding right? Capcom is going to make a killing on extra character DLC, it's probably their main motive for shipping the game with such a small roster, it is going to expand a lot and they're going to charge for it. It's fucking Capcom, get real
You bought SFV and don't even know that all future gameplay content (characters, game modes, etc) will be for free ?

Dude ...

As for NRS' netcode, you can say what you want, but it's a free fix, and something they didn't HAVE to do. And even then, netcode issues aside, my point still stands as far as content and production. MKX > SFV by far as far getting more for your money, and that really can't be argued, unless you're a troll.
Well they kinda have to do it for 2 reasons : it will serve at beta test for IGAU 2 rollback netcode and no one would EVER buy MKXL with that lame netcode :)

You realize it's not "new content or additional" content right ? when you say it's "free" and they "didn't have to do it" ... well it's a fix ... isn't it normal to fix a game you bought into a "working as intended" game ?

Capcom HAS TO give you an arcade mode even though they never advertised one in the first place, but holy NRS doesn't HAVE TO fix online in a game that's supposed to have an online component ?

You seem quite lost actually ... logic isn't your strong suit right ?

And no, sorry, MKX gave ME a lot less for my money, considering I bought MKX specifically for online play ... and it still doesn't work at all.

No amount of story / tower / "jump through fireballs without your arms attached" mode will make me buy a fighting game with shitty online component.

Good thing NRS lies every time they launched a game by telling us "great netcode" (not to mention the PC version being "as good as consoles" lol).
When they rehash the same sad netcode since MK9, and region locked !!! Lag on a region locked online lol ... you realize how sad that shit is ?

You can call me a troll, for all I care, if you enjoy fighting games for huge amounts of solo content ... I'm glad for you ... you got served !

But think for a moment about that huge amount of people that bought it for online, and ... well ... (tears)

virtiqaL

Noob
SF fanbois sure are defensive...

You bought SFV and don't even know that all future gameplay content (characters, game modes, etc) will be for free ?

Dude ...
Yes, I've heard that DLC will be "Free", this is something that has been done in many F2P games, they make the content accessible through play, however, it tends to require such an insane amount of time investment/grinding that you're pretty much better off paying for the content. That's part of their plan, that's how they are going to make their money, this is nothing new. Casual players will pay for it because they won't spend anywhere near the amount of time required to unlock it all through playing, and competitive players will want the new characters immediately for labbing and such.

Let's be real here... yeah... MKX netcode wasn't good, that =/= doesn't work. The online DID work, you've heard of this thing called ESL right? lol, I'm pretty sure the online WORKED, not as well as we hoped, but it did.

I also want to reiterate that when I say content, I'm not referring to "solo content" as you put it. You could take a single element, such as sound design, and in my opinion, MKX excels in that area, SFV does seem to have a decent soundtrack, though.

Last edited:

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
Wow, some people are trying REALLY hard to protect their loved franchise. We get it, you hate MKX and NRS's business practices (you made it very clear not only here but on Shoryuken.com as well every time you post on a MK-related frontage article), but this thread is focusing on SFV's release content. Can we PLEASE get back on topic? Thanks.
----

I'm having a hell of a great time with this game so far. The gameplay in general just feels amazing, I can't get enough of it! But I can't simply ignore the fact that it's lacking content right now.

A fighting game that has no Arcade Mode is surely a weird thing, something I'd never consider a possibility. "But wait, you can just go to the training mode and set the dummy to A.I. - Very Hard!" ...that's not really the exact same thing.
The Story Mode we have right now is hella inconsistent, redundant and unnecessary. It could've easily been replaced by an Arcade Mode since we'll get a full cinematic Story Mode later. Why does Zangief's Story has only 2 fights while others like Mika has 4? And some of those stories are just fillers, really. :confused:

Don't get me wrong, I'm really into this game and all I want from it is to get better at spacing/footsies/fundamentals in general and be a better player (I guess it's working somehow, as I'm already in the Silver League! :D) , so I really don't mind the whole "lacking content" side of things. I'm here for the competitive aspect of it and what has released so far is more than enough for me (even though the online mode didn't work until Thursday, and the Battle Lounge still isn't working properly, for me at least), but I definitely understand why some people are more than upset about the game, this is something I can't ignore.

I'm looking forward for the next update in March, things will definitely get more interesting.

mercureXI

Yes, I've heard that DLC will be "Free", this is something that has been done in many F2P games, they make the content accessible through play, however, it tends to require such an insane amount of time investment/grinding that you're pretty much better off paying for the content. That's part of their plan, that's how they are going to make their money, this is nothing new. Casual players will pay for it because they won't spend anywhere near the amount of time required to unlock it all through playing, and competitive players will want the new characters immediately for labbing and such.

Let's be real here... yeah... MKX netcode wasn't good, that =/= doesn't work. The online DID work, you've heard of this thing called ESL right? lol, I'm pretty sure the online WORKED., not as well as we hoped, but it did.
Except for now, everyone has already enough F.M for Alex and at least 1-2 other characters.

Being able to play and "earn" the characters is way better than "forced to buy" anyway.

Let's talk about "grinding" when it's gonna be one ... for now, we don't know about the amount of FM earned through Daily Challenges or new solo modes.

Talking out of our asses about this isn't gonna be adding anything here.

And about "working but bad" ... let's be clear here : if you have IGAU2 with 30 frames of lag ... it will be good enough for you as long as you see characters on screen ?
It's not "working" it's faking it ... defending MKX's netcode in 2016 ... dude ... stop :)

And finally ESL ? Let's talk about it yeah, when are top 16 being played online ? oh right ... never :)

Ask @SonicFox if he wants ESL finals to be played online using current MKX's netcode, and let's all laugh together !

virtiqaL

Noob
I never defended MKX's online... I've actually said more than once that it wasn't good... but acting as if it was a feature that didn't exist at all is just being a little dishonest. There's been top players, including SonicFox that played the game online, so obviously it was functional enough, or else they wouldn't bother... and it's not like Fox needs the ESL money at this point.

Pointing out that MKX had way more content at launch isn't "talking out of my ass", it's simply a factual statement. It's not a statement to provoke SF fans, it simply is what it is.

MKX provided way more content than SFV at launch. - Is this statement True or False?

Anyway, it's been fun, tata.

mercureXI

We get it, you hate MKX
Seems you don't get it at all ... I love MKX ... there's a reason I bought almost all NRS titles ever (except for lame 3D MKs) ... I love the franchise.

And that's exactly why I hate it when we get an half-assed online component for MK9 + IGAU + MKX and people still say things like "NRS didn't have to fix it"

While they ask Capcom to "fix" SFV by adding modes not even appearing in trailers for ... game modes !

Thanks for being a follower though ... and saving poor Virti in the process :)

this thread is focusing on SFV's release content
Oh sorry thought it was mainly about Joe's angry rant being ridiculous :)

My bad ... back on "topic" (might wanna rename the thread, would help a lot LMAO)

mercureXI

Pointing out that MKX had way more content at launch isn't "talking out of my ass", it's simply a factual statement. It's not a statement to provoke SF fans, it simply is what it is.

MKX provided way more content than SFV at launch. - Is this statement True or False?
MKX has more content that's for sure !

As long as you enjoy playing alone or offline ...

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
SFV's online is pretty bad so far. Havent had a single match without jumps. Its better than pre beta MKX but still not good.

mercureXI

Anyway ...

SFV launch content sure is "barebones" for solo players, and should have had included at least VS CPU (shouldn't take long anyway, since it's coded in training mode).

The whole debate being : if you don't plan on playing online, just don't buy it. NO reason to do so, NO reason to go ranting about it afterwards.

I'd be mad too if I bought fighting games to bash at AI all day and play alone offline ... I agree

But I play fighting games almost exclusively for the VS human part of these games : offline versus / online versus + training mode (only solo mode I use a lot)

And that's why I have absolutely ZERO pb with SFV being barebones as long you can spare online without lag, a game mode that can last for years without being boring. I played SF4 for teh whole duration, something I'd love to do with MK9 or IGAU or even MKX for example, especially MKX, which feels to me like the best MK ever and feels much more balanced (after patches) compared to MK9 last days.

If you have had weird shit going during online, you must have faced a WiFi user, that's for sure, I tried lobbies with 3 different US friends (all using optic fiber) and 2 japanese ones I knew from GGPO SF3.3, it felt really great !

For now, the online netcode seems solid, the problem is having a LOT of PS4 users using WiFi ... it's been the same shit ever since online fighting games started :(

mercureXI

SFV's online is pretty bad so far. Havent had a single match without jumps. Its better than pre beta MKX but still not good.
Ask anyone you know not using WiFi to try and play.

I really wonder why they still let people using that shit going online for these games, even though ArcSys started putting info about WiFi being bad in their manuals.

AGRxShiroKuma

The White Bear
Angry Joe just posted his ''Angry Rant'' about Street Fighter V including his first impression and thoughts about the present and future of the game.

I didn't get my copy yet, it's really expensive here and in my opinion this game is missing some content.
What are your thoughts?
I think I will just wait until everything is completed then I would be more than happy to buy street fighter.

"angry joe" is a perfect example of all that is wrong with some game commentators. he is no more a reviewer than Zero Punctuation is or w/e. He has a shtick that is more important than the reviews. He feeds on negative reviews and comments and shouldn't be taken seriously in any way.

As for ST5?

Blow hard losers like Joe will never understand what a game like SF5 is about. They have the core done and it is awesome, and now as new features come in it will only get better.

mercureXI

damn u really love defending sfv lol
Yeah better buy a game blindfolded, then rant all day about missing features ... I agree ...

At least he is smart about it : game is barebones, he won't buy it until enough content is released.

A lot of people should take notes here ...

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Talk about damage control lol. The game did ship bare bones and you can't really defend that. Some people are saying they released it now for EVO, but they could of released it next month with more features and it still would be at EVO. Another thing some of you are forgetting is that hooking "casuals" is what makes the community grow. The lack of features that would bring a "casual" to the fgc is missing and its receiving bad word of mouth.

Everyone was expecting SFV to create this boom for the fgc like IV did, but it's already common knowledge about it's problems and casuals will move on and never look back lol.

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
People are also missing the point pretty hard.

People are not mad because they wanted a story mode or whatever, people are annoyed because they spend £50 on Survival, training mode and online.

The day the servers went down was bad because it showed in plain black and white just how little is in the game currently.

The game is solid as a rock as a competitive fighter, so the pro scene will no doubt thrive, but it's totally understandable people not interested in the pro scene don't feel like they got their moneys worth.
Even as a competitive player I don't find 60$ as a reasonable price for SFV. This game doesn't even have alternative costumes, while other games on their release like Tekken have alternative costumes and customization, Soul Calibur have create a character and the ability to dress existing character howerver you want and Mortal Kombat have from 1 to 4 alternative skins without DLC. Add to that a serious lack of modes. Survival needs constant online connection for you to earn in-game currency and if Ca$hcom servers screwed you up on your 50th fight, you will earn nothing, while they could have simply make an online synch of your offline results in Survival and then transform it into currency. And silly colors as unlocks is laughable after unlockable alternative skins in MKX. SFV doesn't worth 60$ in its released form.