What's new

Match-up Discussion Alright, here is my Deathstroke matchup chart, would like to hear the thoughts of the community

I mean I play Slade, I honestly don't think hes all that great. hes mid or upper mid tier in my opinion, but then again, im not a high level player, so what do I know haha
dnt even need to be a high lvl player to know that he is good. He is like the sector of this game in a way like axel said, has some bad mus and stuff, but does good/great vs the rest and is tourney viable.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
dnt even need to be a high lvl player to know that he is good. He is like the sector of this game in a way like axel said, has some bad mus and stuff, but does good/great vs the rest and is tourney viable.
How did you get me confused with Axel ;____;

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
oh for sure, if I thought he was ass I wouldn't play him. That's why I think he's an upper mid tier.

haketh

Noob
I come from MVC2, low tiers don't really interest me

But for some reason Bane keeps pulling me back in.

On the AU MU, yeah you have a slight advantage mid screen but AU can close in pretty quick with shield and patient dashing. AU gets a much higher reward off of a right guess than Slade can and he outfootsies Slade pretty well. Slade can fight with St. 3 because that thing is godlike but it's not godlike enough. I also think the Black Adam MU is 7-3, been playing Adam lately and the risk/reward is skewed in his favor so fucking much. I'm still gonna play Slade because he has some MUs skewed in his favor by a large margin but too many bad MUs to make a main, probably gonna drop him for Zod.

And yeah I got blown up against Hawkgirl on stream, had no idea how to approach that.

I come from MVC2, low tiers don't really interest me

But for some reason Bane keeps pulling me back in.

On the AU MU, yeah you have a slight advantage mid screen but AU can close in pretty quick with shield and patient dashing. AU gets a much higher reward off of a right guess than Slade can and he outfootsies Slade pretty well. Slade can fight with St. 3 because that thing is godlike but it's not godlike enough. I also think the Black Adam MU is 7-3, been playing Adam lately and the risk/reward is skewed in his favor so fucking much. I'm still gonna play Slade because he has some MUs skewed in his favor by a large margin but too many bad MUs to make a main, probably gonna drop him for Zod.

And yeah I got blown up against Hawkgirl on stream, had no idea how to approach that.
AM, i'll just run it more and come back to you. BA, I played godspeed at UFGT, was close. The reason BA has the advantage is he can punish DS from far distances/ hold a lead easier. I'll play it more tho.

haketh

Noob
AM, i'll just run it more and come back to you. BA, I played godspeed at UFGT, was close. The reason BA has the advantage is he can punish DS from far distances/ hold a lead easier. I'll play it more tho.
That's why the MU is so bad, Adam dictates the pace of the match at all times.

That's why the MU is so bad, Adam dictates the pace of the match at all times.
but you can't forget, DS can blow up divekicks with j3. Also BA doesn't have the greatest AA's either. Up close, Ds has the tools to do damage as well. It really isn't too bad. But like I said, i'm going to play it more with godspeed at evo and see how it goes.

haketh

Noob
J. 3 is only going to be an issue for sloppy Adam's, Adam can just walk at you and react to guns. At footsies range Adam takes over completely, dude gets 48% *Why dudes like Godspeed aren't doing it confuses me* with Oki into very ambiguous mixup that's very easy to bait WUs with.

J. 3 is only going to be an issue for sloppy Adam's, Adam can just walk at you and react to guns. At footsies range Adam takes over completely, dude gets 48% *Why dudes like Godspeed aren't doing it confuses me* with Oki into very ambiguous mixup that's very easy to bait WUs with.
Nah godspeed is well versed in the MU for sure, he's played me some and has played aris multiple times. Oh j3 is definitely a problem if you use it correctly. You'd have to play me to see what i'm talking about. Trust me, that matchups isn't that bad. AK Smarrgasm, what are your thoughts on this MU?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
What's wrong with being upper mid tier? lol. That doesn't stop ppl from playing chars bcuz they are "mid tier". You are too funny dave, giving up doesn't solve anything.
He is upper mid tier at the very best and low mid tier at the very worst.

I am not giving up. I am just telling the truth.

Deathstroke vs. Black Adam is not 3:7. Probably 4:6 now and 5:5 after the patch.

He is upper mid tier at the very best and low mid tier at the very worst.

I am not giving up. I am just telling the truth.

Deathstroke vs. Black Adam is not 3:7. Probably 4:6 now and 5:5 after the patch.
ok quick question, do you think he is tourney viable? and I agree about BA. You really should at least keep DS as a backup and have zod as your main.

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
Seriously tho supes vs ds is a 7-3 at least for supes. Deathstroke gets freed up since the very start. If you can beat a superman with ds then you are a god

M2Dave

Zoning Master
ok quick question, do you think he is tourney viable? and I agree about BA. You really should at least keep DS as a backup and have zod as your main.
Tournament viability depends on what the player tolerates. I think Deathstroke loses to almost every top tier character in the game, so to me he is not tournament viable.

I really do not see a reason to use Deathstroke, especially since most top tier characters can be learned very quickly.

Name me one thing unique about Deathstroke that makes him worthwhile to play.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Nah godspeed is well versed in the MU for sure, he's played me some and has played aris multiple times. Oh j3 is definitely a problem if you use it correctly. You'd have to play me to see what i'm talking about. Trust me, that matchups isn't that bad. AK Smarrgasm, what are your thoughts on this MU?
6-4 now and will be 6-4 after the patch as well. The patch wont really change how black adam has to play the MU. Every gunshot is a risk and if i do trade its in my favor by a longshot. My wakeups are much better overall and my dashes and movement are too much for DS to handle.

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
satsui pls lol. That matchup is not that bad. Dat patch going to make it 5-5 :p, nah he'll still win tho.
Lol that patch ain't even hurt superman. Idk I just think its so turrible for ds it just feels like he has no options and then I feel bad. Like I don't play any super good ds players but I can already tell :eek: