What's new

Match-up Discussion Alright, here is my Deathstroke matchup chart, would like to hear the thoughts of the community

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Their traits don't net you up to 40% that they can't block or clash, lol
i'm just saying, then whats the point in having trait that people think is too broken if it were faster, yet unusable as it is now?? no high lvl player is honestly gonna give u the opening to do it.

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
Tournament viability depends on what the player tolerates. I think Deathstroke loses to almost every top tier character in the game, so to me he is not tournament viable.

I really do not see a reason to use Deathstroke, especially since most top tier characters can be learned very quickly.

Name me one thing unique about Deathstroke that makes him worthwhile to play.
Not even j.3 sword flip?

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
Adam is probably going to be 5-5 after the patch just because he will not be able to dive kick in at all really. I agree with Doomsday being 5-5.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
liu kang placed top 8 at evo 2011, still viable. Reptile placed top 8 at evo 2011, still viable. Cage placed top 8 at evo 2011, still viable. Kitana placed top 8 at evo 2011, still viable. Your point? lol.
I am not trying to convince you not to use Deathstroke. If you want to compete with a mid tier character, nobody is stopping you. But I am picking a top tier character to give myself a better chance to win, and I predict you will switch within six months.

I am not trying to convince you not to use Deathstroke. If you want to compete with a mid tier character, nobody is stopping you. But I am picking a top tier character to give myself a better chance to win, and I predict you will switch within six months.
oh he will always be in my lineup. No one has said scorpion is banned (so I plan on using him since he is my favorite fg character). Just going top tier doesn't always get the job done tho.

Axel_Redd

i want to use DS because i think his new outfit is fucking awesome, and at first he was gonna be my strong zoning type character, but now he can't really be played that way, so im probably gonna be using zod as well.

i want to use DS because i think his new outfit is fucking awesome, and at first he was gonna be my strong zoning type character, but now he can't really be played that way, so im probably gonna be using zod as well.
dnt go to zod :(. Personally, I dnt want a full zoner anyways, so i'll stick with DS, but if you like that, more power to you.

Axel_Redd

dnt go to zod :(. Personally, I dnt want a full zoner anyways, so i'll stick with DS, but if you like that, more power to you.
he was a better character before the nerf and didn't need it in the first place. And he's the only character in the game with an impractical trait, which begs the question why they even gave him one in the first place, and even if u do manage to get it off in a match, the only way to do so would be to sacrifice damage on a potential combo off of d2 from it. It just doesnt seem worth doing.

he was a better character before the nerf and didn't need it in the first place. And he's the only character in the game with an impractical trait, which begs the question why they even gave him one in the first place, and even if u do manage to get it off in a match, the only way to do so would be to sacrifice damage on a potential combo off of d2 from it. It just doesnt seem worth doing.
yeah the nerf on him was stupid, still mad about that.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Not even j.3 sword flip?
Those two moves are very good, but they do not put Deathstroke over the top.

Do you know what put Deathstroke over the top? Pre-patch low gunshots, because they forced 95% of characters to approach Deathstroke, so you could predict a forward dash and set up b+2 and b+1,u+2 in a very safe way. This strategy was what made the character top 3. Without this strategy, he is just average. I am not sure why this is so hard to understand for some Deathstroke players.

oh he will always be in my lineup. No one has said scorpion is banned (so I plan on using him since he is my favorite fg character). Just going top tier doesn't always get the job done tho.
You are missing the point. Top tier characters give you the best opportunity to place high. If you do not, the fault is yours and not the character's.

When you use a low or mid tier character, you have doubts when you lose. You have questions. You think "Perhaps if I had used a top tier character, I would have placed a lot higher".

RYX

BIG PUSHER
We already have a few full Zoners in this game.

I personally think zoning in IGAU is mega weaksauce so I'm branching out to other archetypes,

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
I was just trolling with the j.3 sword thing Dave. I know what you mean by how he really doesn't have anything unique about him. Seems like his air gun shot is his most unique move.

Those two moves are very good, but they do not put Deathstroke over the top.

Do you know what put Deathstroke over the top? Pre-patch low gunshots, because they forced 95% of characters to approach Deathstroke, so you could predict a forward dash and set up b+2 and b+1,u+2 in a very safe way. This strategy was what made the character top 3. Without this strategy, he is just average. I am not sure why this is so hard to understand for some Deathstroke players.

You are missing the point. Top tier characters give you the best opportunity to place high. If you do not, the fault is yours and not the character's.

When you use a low or mid tier character, you have doubts when you lose. You have questions. You think "Perhaps if I had used a top tier character, I would have placed a lot higher".
i am not missing the point at all lol. I heard so many ppl say things like "liu kang is mid tier" in mk9, but that didn't stop liu from being in evo top 8 in 2011/2012 right? low tier I can understand, but mid tier is just fine. Mid tier chars such as mileena and sektor have seen multiple top 8s simply because they are still "tourney viable". The same thing happens in other fighting games as well, mid tier will not stop ppl from placing high at all. Low tier is where the problem is, and DS definitely isn't low tier. But hey, you are entitled to your opinion as I am to mine.

Adam is probably going to be 5-5 after the patch just because he will not be able to dive kick in at all really. I agree with Doomsday being 5-5.
just because hes -4 more frames punishable doesnt mean the threat of the 40% combo on the ex dive kick isnt sitll super relevant, and also doesnt mean dive kick is gonna be that easy to punish... nevertheless good ds players wont be blocking a ton of dive kicks anyways and the other matchup problems are still there for ds... no way is the matchup going to be even... its a horrible 3-7 matchup for ds right now

i'd say liu kang is between 9-15 range in a tier with a bunch of characters like johnny cage kitana and jax.... he's just below reptile smoke and skarlet

You can punish ba divekick on reaction with jb3. You can punish lighting strike on reaction with jb airguns.

His options are very punishable.

What else does ba have lol? Its his b2 v your armor f3. I bodied the ba I played in pools on rooftop and asylum with ds.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
just because hes -4 more frames punishable doesnt mean the threat of the 40% combo on the ex dive kick isnt sitll super relevant, and also doesnt mean dive kick is gonna be that easy to punish... nevertheless good ds players wont be blocking a ton of dive kicks anyways and the other matchup problems are still there for ds... no way is the matchup going to be even... its a horrible 3-7 matchup for ds right now
The threat of a 40% combo isn't relevant when all DS has to do to completely stuff it is reaction j3, and even if he doesn't get it, MB divekick is going to be negative on block. Meaning you wasted a bar to get full combo punished. DS has options to deal with all of BA's zoning, and once he's in Adam has nothing to deal with Deathstrokes j3 if DS decides he wants to go in on him. Adam also has no safe jumps to deal with sword flip, in fact I don't think anyone in the game does, so it's a guess every wake up. I've played Aris at WNF a few times in this match up, and if you really don't think it's a 5-5 after the Adam nerfs, I believe you're playing the match up incorrectly. Regardless if it's a 5-5 or a 6-4, it's definitely not a 7-3.