What's new

Match-up Discussion Alright, here is my Deathstroke matchup chart, would like to hear the thoughts of the community

Nope, I think the MU is even or maybe in Sinestro's favor. It is definitely awkward because there is a range that FB is duckable, and gunshots are punished by FB. Sinestro is one of the few characters that can match his zoning because the trades are even.
yeah I am inclined to believe, this MU is even for sure. Just from watching your match vs slips at UFGT, you guys were scraping for dmg lol and it was extremely close.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Nope, I think the MU is even or maybe in Sinestro's favor. It is definitely awkward because there is a range that FB is duckable, and gunshots are punished by FB. Sinestro is one of the few characters that can match his zoning because the trades are even.
I believe Sinestro Loses to Deathstroke 4-6

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I cant believe we are getting blown up by m2dave for not giving up on our character and considering evey MU versus a top tier character un-winnable. DS is still a good character, if you would stop complaining and adjust to the way he is now you'd see he's still plenty viable.I cant wait till zod gets here so you can go on bout your business.....

P.S. DS loses to WW? Since when?I mean I havent played or seen enough WW to agree with this.Except for Foxy maybe.That's just one and no one knows that MU
He never said unwinnable. But it's true that he loses to most of the top tiers and that's his entire argument. He's tournament viable but irrelevant because there are better characters with FAR better odds. Hence, Deathstroke is irrelevant in a tournament setting.

People really need to think about some stuff here.

He never said unwinnable. But it's true that he loses to most of the top tiers and that's his entire argument. He's tournament viable but irrelevant because there are better characters with FAR better odds. Hence, Deathstroke is irrelevant in a tournament setting.

People really need to think about some stuff here.
DS isn't going anywhere in the tournament scene. He is just fine and capable of doing well at majors, as proven by slip's performance at ufgt.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
DS isn't going anywhere in the tournament scene. He is just fine and capable of doing well at majors, as proven by slip's performance at ufgt.
All due respect, I just said he can perform and he HAS performed. I'm just trying to explain that there are better characters and from a match up standpoint there's no reason to pick him over anyone else.

All due respect, I just said he can perform and he HAS performed. I'm just trying to explain that there are better characters and from a match up standpoint there's no reason to pick him over anyone else.
At the end of the day, it is the player who is getting the job done. I've seen it so many times where ppl try to say "oh there are better chars you should pick" then someone wins with a character not considered "top tier". For example, Xian with gen in sf.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
is it just me, or is deathstrokes gameplay style real shallow, it was deeper when his zoning was better.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
At the end of the day, it is the player who is getting the job done. I've seen it so many times where ppl try to say "oh there are better chars you should pick" then someone wins with a character not considered "top tier". For example, Xian with gen in sf.
Those players would have an easier time with a better character.

I think Bane is 7-3 by the way. I don't feel threatened by Bane and I feel hopeless as him.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
is it just me, or is deathstrokes gameplay style real shallow, it was deeper when his zoning was better.
It's just you. Deathstroke has one of the richest play styles you could ask for.

People like me and supposedly Dave are just slow to to accustom to the new Deathstroke.

Those players would have an easier time with a better character.

I think Bane is 7-3 by the way. I don't feel threatened by Bane and I feel hopeless as him.
thanks for the input, and if everyone played the top tier characters, the game would be boring to watch lol. Imagine everyone using black adam, superman, killer frost, and like batman? that'd be a snorefest. Also top tiers dnt suit everyone, basically my main point is, DS is tourney viable, that is all that matters really.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
thanks for the input, and if everyone played the top tier characters, the game would be boring to watch lol. Imagine everyone using black adam, superman, killer frost, and like batman? that'd be a snorefest. Also top tiers dnt suit everyone, basically my main point is, DS is tourney viable, that is all that matters really.
I agree with you, lol.

Low tiers are where the hype is. Too bad they're garbage in comparison to everyone else. :(

What do you think his worst match up is? I'm having a lot of trouble with Nightwing, he's INCREDIBLY frustrating to deal with anywhere on the screen.

I agree with you, lol.

Low tiers are where the hype is. Too bad they're garbage in comparison to everyone else. :(

What do you think his worst match up is? I'm having a lot of trouble with Nightwing, he's INCREDIBLY frustrating to deal with anywhere on the screen.
from experience, scorpion can be really annoying. I'd say scorpion bcuz DS always has to be aware of his tele the whole match and his guns aren't going to be as effective vs him as they would be vs everyone else. 2nd to worst, i'd say Superman.

Reactions: RYX

haketh

Noob
People who get type over low tier character are weird to me, why get hype for characters with lacking tools when characters have interesting tools. I aint saying Stroke is low tier but he definitly not above mid tier. And Aquaman is not 5-5, I'll go into it in a minute after th Mago vs Romanc exhibition.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
from experience, scorpion can be really annoying. I'd say scorpion bcuz DS always has to be aware of his tele the whole match and his guns aren't going to be as effective vs him as they would be vs everyone else. 2nd to worst, i'd say Superman.
Really, Superman? He's a pain in the ass alright but I find he has to come in to really create a problem (or get cornered and you've just dropped the soap). A lot of SM's try to zone me so maybe I'm misinformed, haha.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
People who get type over low tier character are weird to me, why get hype for characters with lacking tools when characters have interesting tools. I aint saying Stroke is low tier but he definitly not above mid tier. And Aquaman is not 5-5, I'll go into it in a minute after th Mago vs Romanc exhibition.
Bane has interesting but lacking tools. Lex has the most interesting tools but poor frame data.

oh it is definitely 5-5, tom brady said it was. Not only him, but other aquamans as well. I play a high lvl one here in vegas, and he agrees as well. But i'd like your input, also the main reason it is 5 5, AM has to be close to be able to do anything. Trident just gets blown up for free by guns. Also low tier characters are hype LMAO, who didn't like seeing sheeva/ Baraka and etc. win in mk9 on this site? It's like in real sports, if the heat lost in the first round to the bucks, ppl would've went crazy.

Axel_Redd

maybe i'll give aquaman a whirl and main him over stroke...what does deathstroke have over other characters?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
maybe i'll give aquaman a whirl and main him over stroke...what does deathstroke have over other characters?
Armor breaking for free, difficulty being smothered on a knockdown, counter zoning, interactable control. Solid footsies and I guess he's the Sektor of this game.

Axel_Redd

Armor breaking for free, difficulty being smothered on a knockdown, counter zoning, interactable control. Solid footsies and I guess he's the Sektor of this game.
what u mean armor breaking?