What's new

Match-up Discussion Alright, here is my Deathstroke matchup chart, would like to hear the thoughts of the community

M2Dave

Zoning Master
This forum has surpassed the Hawkgirl forum as the worst of the worst and thereby becoming the worst not just on this web site but on any gaming web site on the internet, including the gamefaqs message boards. You would think that this part of the forum would have some sense because of players like MITDJT, but instead I am reading how Deathstroke only loses 2-3 match ups and goes even with Scorpion. Some of you even considered pre-hotfix Scorpion to be "fine". If I were STORMS, I would revoke your posting privileges for six months. You are damaging the community with your ignorance and foolishness.

Breaker

~AKUMA~
This forum has surpassed the Hawkgirl forum as the worst of the worst and thereby becoming the worst not just on this web site but on any gaming web site on the internet, including the gamefaqs message boards. You would think that this part of the forum would have some sense because of players like MITDJT, but instead I am reading how Deathstroke only loses 2-3 match ups and goes even with Scorpion. Some of you even considered pre-hotfix Scorpion to be "fine". If I were STORMS, I would revoke your posting privileges for six months. You are damaging the community with your ignorance and foolishness.
Who said it was even? Let me ask you this, are you so offended because the idea of someone else playing Deathstroke better than you is like blasphemy, you get so defensive about how this character sucks. Is it possible that you didn't obtain any results with the character? Why is it that I blow people to hell with his 50/50 if guessed wrong it could cost 70-82% damage? who said anything about pre-hotfix Scorpion?
And whoever says that MK9 is a "real" fighting game compared to Injustice they're on crack. Played MK9 for 10 minutes last night did DoctrineDark's 50% Kabal combo with max meter gain..... I could never come close to doing that before.

Crathen

Death is my business
LBSH

Deathstroke max potential on a tier list ( not matchup based list ) is being between high mid tier or mid tier , wich is not bad if you're not into the competitive aspect of him , but a tournament player will pick top tiers if he really wants to win.

Considering the next patch some of his even matchups became 4-6 just because they were buffed , Flash in an example of a new bad matchup , Scorpion is still an hard 4-6 ( willing to put it at 3-7 ) , Batgirl isn't a 5-5 , Wonderwoman 4-6 , Nightwing 4-6 , Killer Frost an hard 4-6 , Black adam 4-6.

Noticing anything?He loses to most of the top tiers wich in a tournament are bound to be encountered alot.

Yeah Deathstroke could win something if there are few to none top players in a tournament ( or you get a golden bracket path to grand finals ).

Get real , either deathstroke needs small not game breaking buffs back or the top tiers need to be nerfed a little bit on their dominating aspect in a game.

I'm sticking to Deathstroke because there aren't big tournaments in the upcoming months here but i'll be ready with the top tiers in case i need a counterpick , it just feels bad to actually have to go through constant 4-6 in a serious torunament , you should not deny it.

It's time for the Deathstroke community to ask for reasonable buffs to NRS.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
LBSH

Deathstroke max potential on a tier list ( not matchup based list ) is being between high mid tier or mid tier , wich is not bad if you're not into the competitive aspect of him , but a tournament player will pick top tiers if he really wants to win.

Considering the next patch some of his even matchups became 4-6 just because they were buffed , Flash in an example of a new bad matchup , Scorpion is still an hard 4-6 ( willing to put it at 3-7 ) , Batgirl isn't a 5-5 , Wonderwoman 4-6 , Nightwing 4-6 , Killer Frost an hard 4-6 , Black adam 4-6.

Noticing anything?He loses to most of the top tiers wich in a tournament are bound to be encountered alot.

Yeah Deathstroke could win something if there are few to none top players in a tournament ( or you get a golden bracket path to grand finals ).

Get real , either deathstroke needs small not game breaking buffs back or the top tiers need to be nerfed a little bit on their dominating aspect in a game.

I'm sticking to Deathstroke because there aren't big tournaments in the upcoming months here but i'll be ready with the top tiers in case i need a counterpick , it just feels bad to actually have to go through constant 4-6 in a serious torunament , you should not deny it.

KF, Scorpion, Batgirl, Nightwing, and Black Adam are all getting nerfed. Flash has become a problem though. Buffs are still welcome though.

DS can go toe to toe with Aquaman just fine.

Crathen

Death is my business
KF, Scorpion, Batgirl, Nightwing, and Black Adam are all getting nerfed. Flash has become a problem though. Buffs are still welcome though.

DS can go toe to toe with Aquaman just fine.

Killer Frost received rightful nerfs on obvious stupid stuff like string on block into +20 , she'll still have a vortex and she still be able to punish fullscreen low gunshots , we'll see on the added damage scaling.

Nightwing barely got scratched with his d1 getting normalized to +3 on block from +5

Black adam getting his normal divekick with added 4 frames of recovery isn't a game changer , if he DK in this MU it's gonna be EX , added damage scaling depends on the amount of % damage he drops , you would need his high 40' become low 40'.

Batgirl is simply getting fixed on her MB Bola bug, doesn't change anything.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Killer Frost received rightful nerfs on obvious stupid stuff like string on block into +20 , she'll still have a vortex and she still be able to punish fullscreen low gunshots , we'll see on the added damage scaling.

Nightwing barely got scratched with his d1 getting normalized to +3 on block from +5

Black adam getting his normal divekick with added 4 frames of recovery isn't a game changer , if he DK in this MU it's gonna be EX , added damage scaling depends on the amount of % damage he drops , you would need his high 40' become low 40'.

Batgirl is simply getting fixed on her MB Bola bug, doesn't change anything.

And I realize all of this. I even made a thread basically discussing all this. But my point is those guys aren't invincible to the nerf bat, and it CAN change over time.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
LBSH

I agree. The fools in this forum will take a year to understand that Deathstroke loses to every top tier character in the game. These upcoming adjustments to Black Adam and Killer Frost are irrelevant as both characters' core gameplay is fully in tact. Deathstroke's is not and has not been since v1.03.

Also, I think game's balance is almost complete, so there is no reason to ask for buffs. If you are a tournament player, drop Deathstroke for one of the top tier characters and/or wait for DLC characters.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Deathstroke is not the best character ever. But he works for filtering out the randoms in a tournament setting, everything changes when you have to be mindful of every piece of life and chip missing in tournament. Like i said he is not the best character ever but he hangs with alot of the upper tier, he may not have the same tool set but he has one good enough to shut people out and keep a lead, even up close. Let's not also forget his top tierness with interactables, its very hard to use interactables on a good deathstroke and its not that hard for him to use on you.

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
I cant believe we are getting blown up by m2dave for not giving up on our character and considering evey MU versus a top tier character un-winnable. DS is still a good character, if you would stop complaining and adjust to the way he is now you'd see he's still plenty viable.I cant wait till zod gets here so you can go on bout your business.....

P.S. DS loses to WW? Since when?I mean I havent played or seen enough WW to agree with this.Except for Foxy maybe.That's just one and no one knows that MU

Breaker

~AKUMA~
^ GL vs. DS is 5-5 man once Gl is in his comfort space DS is pretty screwed, once mistake and your caught in the 50/50.

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
I love GL players that try to use that aerial charge move(dont know the name) to get inside.I blow that mess up everytime.

Um just because I'm not a lazy ass and I take the time to adapt to things doesn't mean I show "ignorance" or "foolishness". I'm going to put it like this, my fg knowledge is very good, and ppl could already tell this by the fact that I can pick up multiple characters in a game and be good with them (mk9, did it in sf, doing it in IGAU now). Not only that, but I can break down matchups intellectually and I'm able to help ppl out when they need it because I know what i'm talking about. Just because you want a pure turtle who has fullscreen frame traps and what not does not mean that "oh DS will just fall in the tier list and he loses to every top tier character". That is ridiculousness and I am not going to let someone come in here and act like they are the grandmaster DS and that they know everything. You can move on to the Zod forums whenever he comes out, because obviously you just give up on a character bcuz of one "nerf". End it off, don't you dare question my intelligence, you are talking to the wrong person. I'm trying to keep a discussion going without whining and as you would say "foolishness" plaguing it. Your thoughts on DS disgust me.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Who said it was even? Let me ask you this, are you so offended because the idea of someone else playing Deathstroke better than you is like blasphemy, you get so defensive about how this character sucks. Is it possible that you didn't obtain any results with the character? Why is it that I blow people to hell with his 50/50 if guessed wrong it could cost 70-82% damage? who said anything about pre-hotfix Scorpion?
And whoever says that MK9 is a "real" fighting game compared to Injustice they're on crack. Played MK9 for 10 minutes last night did DoctrineDark's 50% Kabal combo with max meter gain..... I could never come close to doing that before.
what was doctrin darks 50% Kabal kombo btw? just curious

btw, DS was unjustly nerfed due to whining scrubs :(

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
I believe Sinestro loses to Deathstroke 4-6
Nope, I think the MU is even or maybe in Sinestro's favor. It is definitely awkward because there is a range that FB is duckable, and gunshots are punished by FB. Sinestro is one of the few characters that can match his zoning because the trades are even.

Why 6-4 cyborg MITDJT
I agree just want to hear your thoughts
main reasons: can avoid iafbs with low guns/ guns too fast for cyborgs standing fb. Also up close DS is better because of his 50/50s and he has a plus normal/ plus block string. That and cyborg will have issues with DS's jump 3. There are others, but those are some of the main ones.