What's new

Guide All-Star Superman Guide

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
UPDATED.

I would like to take the time to say Ive officially dropped Superman but will update the guide as information is fed to me. Please tag me and have a write up ready and I will post it in the PLAYER SUBMITTED STRATEGY and TECH section. Further, if anyone believes some data should be showcased I will take it out of the PSSaT section and slap it on the general guide so everyone can see it.

EDIT: Cleaning up the guide, will return to normal soon.
Boo :-/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sorry man.. lol I just cant play him anymore. Just be thankful you have one of if not the best character guide on the forum!

Also, if anyone would like to do some general writes ups on pressuring and or anything else Id like to make the guide a little more complete. I know the f23~super breath article could be way better. :p

xQUANTUMx

I'm still trying to get his post patch corner combos down :/ takes me longer than most to get execution down

Sent from my iPad

MashBot

You're over matched.
What are the inputs? If not too much trouble

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Yeah.
The 1st combo: f2,3, 3,zap,3 MB breath, zap, f2d1, 3, low scoop (this is maybe the hard part if any) dash, it's better to time but you can mash the intractable. B1 otg, mb breath
For there you can do reset them or do it again.

2nd combo is exactly the same til the intractable while they're laying on the ground IAGS, the found smash crosses them up so superman will have his back to the corner. In the vid I did iags, f2,3 mb breath. Which could be followed up by b3, j2, 22, low scoop, 3 mb flying punch or what every you like. Depending on if you wanna put them in the corner or b3, j3,f2, low scoop, 22 RG, laser to kind of keep the match mid screen. I do that against doomsday and Grundy to keep my space

Omgzilla

Built Amazon tough
If i may ask, who will you be maining now DeathAndHealing ?

Edit: This guide has been incredibly helpful for me, as I am relatively new to the fighting game scene and you guys seem to have a wealth of knowledge.

If i may ask, who will you be maining now DeathAndHealing ?

Edit: This guide has been incredibly helpful for me, as I am relatively new to the fighting game scene and you guys seem to have a wealth of knowledge.

Right now Im using Batgirl and incorporating Nightwing as my secondary. I also really like the Flash, Doomsday, and Grundy but feel they need some tweaks to be able to contend with the tippity top. Plus there is the DLC, who knows if an even cooler character will be released, lol. :D

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Figured out some dirty shit with the Asylum stages.

So Superman gets a throw on the left side of the stage's interactible, right? All well and good....

I figured out that this throw GUARANTEES a setup of your choice if you use a move that hits the ground, and it cannot be beat out by any Wake Up attack, period (i.e. F2 doesn't work). You have too much advantage and can pseudo-otg. It must be a move that touches the ground, like Scoop or B1. It will hit them on the ground as if they were standing. They MUST block whatever ground-touching move you're planning to do within 25ish frames. Primarily what I'm thinking is a guaranteed B1 or IAGS setup.

Whats even better is that I also discovered you can true combo into the throw from the RIGHT side. After any Heat Zap, do F2D13 and it should cross them up (or just dash past them after a scoop). Then just mash the interact button. The interactible is also good for 2 uses! You can reset them and combo them BACK into it again.

Raynex
SatsuiYesHadou
DeathAndHealing
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE. This is cool.

UPDATE!

Added "Potential New BnB Combos" to the Superman Mid-Screen BnB Combos section.

Also added a combo dump for anyone who wants to submit a combo that isnt displayed already.

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
Do you players have any 100+ % combo videos to share? If so I will post it in my thread. Traits/Transitions/Interactables/Guaranteed Resets are allowed.

Scalabrine

Not new but whatevs...
Im used to doing high execution combos but for fucks sake man that 69% wtf.

3~zap, 3~trait and then 3 into mentos? how the hell do people get that shit.

MashBot

You're over matched.
It's just timing the last 3 as soon as he recover from trait :) once you get the timing of his trait recov it's cake

TH3DISTURBED1

"Never say 'never'
I hit that combo 1/5 times. I can hit F23, zap, 3 trait 3, MB breath every time. If I don't catch them with F2 but with the 3, I go right into 3 trait 3. Better than dropping it and getting consistent damage. It's not ideal, but I'd rather lose 5-8% than drop it before MBbreath after burning the bar.

Anybody else find the hardest part about the corner combos to be AFTER the MBbreath?

Raynex

Intelligence + Speed + Power
F23, 3~zap, 3~trait, 3~mentos (stealing dat shit Scalabrine), Zap, 3~scoop, 3~breath

Hit the first 3~zap as early as possible. Make sure that you do the same for 3~trait, no delays. When you get to the 3~[MB] breath, do that 3 early and cancel the animation of the trait charge. You also gotta be quick. Not hard at all if you grind it out.

Most things that are super useful / worth learning will not be easy to do, especially in fighting in games. Accept that you won't be able to do it consistently in a day, week, or month (even 2). Just keep at it and eventually it will be second nature. People will be wondering how you do it so easily and that's when YOU turn to them and say: I was you once, practice makes perfect

Few training tips:
- practice corner combos on both sides, 20 or 30 attempts then switch
- deduce what you're doing wrong every time it drops. You might be doing it too late, too early, not fast enough etc. If you continue doing the same thing without reconfiguring your attempts, your rate of success will not change. Don't just mindlessly grind. Nitpick, you'll find something that works eventually. Then boom we in there!
- practice on different opponents, you might be conditioning yourself with visual cues of your dummy character. That won't help at all because all characters are animated differently. This is minor but still worth mentioning

Can't think of much else atm. I'm not trying to preach, I just want to help those that might have difficulty with executing the harder stuff. Up, up and away!

Scalabrine

Not new but whatevs...
F23, 3~zap, 3~trait, 3~mentos (stealing dat shit Scalabrine), Zap, 3~scoop, 3~breath

Hit the first 3~zap as early as possible. Make sure that you do the same for 3~trait, no delays. When you get to the 3~[MB] breath, do that 3 early and cancel the animation of the trait charge. You also gotta be quick. Not hard at all if you grind it out.

Most things that are super useful / worth learning will not be easy to do, especially in fighting in games. Accept that you won't be able to do it consistently in a day, week, or month (even 2). Just keep at it and eventually it will be second nature. People will be wondering how you do it so easily and you turn to them and say the same thing. PRACTICE HOMIE

Few training tips:
- practice corner combos on both sides, 20 or 30 attempts then switch
- deduce what you're doing wrong every time it drops. You might be doing it too late, too early, not fast enough etc. If you don't reconfigure your attempts and continue doing the same thing nothing will change. Don't just mindlessly grind. Nitpick, you'll find something that works and boom we in there!
- practice on different opponents, you might be conditioning yourself with visual cues of your dummy character. That won't help at all because all characters are animated differently. This is minor but still worth mentioning

Can't think of much else atm. I'm not trying to preach, I just want to help those that might have difficulty with executing the harder stuff. Up, up and away!

Thanks for the input man. Managing to pull it off pretty consistently, but i think i'll stick to the other ones posted, they seem more reliable. But yeah i really appreciate the input, picked him up yesterday and he's just a beast.

Been meaning to ask what do you guys do on air to airs and F3?

After an air to air im doing f23, f2~scoop 3~ rising grab~heat vision for 29%

Seems pretty optimal to me.

And with F3 im doing F3, j3 and follow it with same as above for 36%

Raynex

Air to air: F23, F2~scoop, F2D13 / 3~flying punch
F2~MB Breath, B3, j3, F2~scoop, F2D13 / 3~flying punch

Seeing as its an air-to-air conversion midscreen, you aren't getting much damage. Even ending with the optimal ender gives you only 29% and zero positional advantage. So from that air hit you won, you gain no ground whatsoever. Don't even think about damage in a situation like this, it's not what you need. Turn this air hit into a hard knockdown situation or a corner carry, so you can pressure them further for his big damage combos. Think of it like you're pushing them to the corner of a boxing ring. You have a much higher likelihood of closing out the match in one clean hit once you corner them, you're Supes! My recommendation would be to end with either flying punch or F2d13 for best results. With these enders there is a long-term plan involved, with rising grab~air heat you get like 2 more percent and no follow-up (aka useless unless you HAVE to kill)

Your F3 combos are optimal but again I implore you think long term with your enders. Set shit up and stay close, air heat does nothing in that regard. Also remember that if the corner is behind you / nearby you can F3, dash under, combo them into the corner. It comes up every now and then!

xQUANTUMx

Hey Raynex is it better to do 111~scoop after zap (post mentos) or just zap, delay, 3, scoop ? What are your preferences?

@ the Superman Community

Sent from my iPhone

xQUANTUMx

Side note...this OTG stuff when you throw it out every once in a while is so f%{€king dirty. I love it

Sent from my iPhone

Raynex

Hey Raynex is it better to do 111~scoop after zap (post mentos) or just zap, delay, 3, scoop ? What are your preferences?

@ the Superman Community

Sent from my iPhone
I always do pause 111 because it never drops for me. Consistency is a very dangerous thing for your opponents. The only time I EVER use 3~scoop is if its a very long corner juggle with lots of links (like F23, 3~zap, 3~trait, 3~mentos) because the gravity scaling makes the 3~scoop very easy near the end. Other than that I would advise you guys to use 111 because at most you're missing out on 1-2% damage.

super man have any combo that uses the interactable bounce ?
F23 or 223, F2~Interactable bounce, B3, j3, F2~scoop, 3~rising grab~air heat

BCE

Noob
for me, the last part, freeze - heat zap - 22 scoop - 3 breath always work no matter the scaling.

and thanks for the interactable bounce, gonna try here

booivi

Good Game :)
The only thing that whiffs for me every time is the "scoop" after the MB breath, 3. Is there anything I can change it to so that it never whiffs?

Hey guys, I just have two questions.

I can't seem to do f2 into scoop. It always comes out as the low heat vision in the "Steel Rush" string. Any tips?
What does "mentos" mean?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!