What's new

Guide All-Star Superman Guide

Just hold forward and delay the f2 scoop a bit. It's not hard once you get used to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

That's what I've always done before. It feels a little more strict on the timing, does that sound accurate? That's arguably his easiest combo to hit and it just feels different today. Thanks!

Troid

Spleens are overrated anyways....
Okay so a few weeks ago I was looking for ways to make Superman's other strings useful, and I think I may have found something interesting. Skimming the forums/guides here (admittedly briefly) I haven't seen anyone talk about what I think I''ve found so either:

1) It was already found and not considered viable/not as good as other setups :(
or
2) I actually found something new/worthwhile :)

Messing around with 112 it has some decent surface-level value use to it since it starts with a jab and ends in a somewhat quick overhead that causes a hard knockdown. After trying to see how it could work in a combo however I found that it causes some sort of extended hard knockdown when you use it on an opponent that's being comboed in the air. The overhead 2 smacks them face down sliding them on the ground for an extended time, giving you time to set up an otg dive punch. If you time it right they can't wake up and can only block the mixup.

If this sounds familiar and isn't anything new then sorry for wasting you guys' time, if it is new then I wouldn't mind making a video thread demonstrating it and going further into detail, because I'd really like to share whatever I can.

Okay so a few weeks ago I was looking for ways to make Superman's other strings useful, and I think I may have found something interesting. Skimming the forums/guides here (admittedly briefly) I haven't seen anyone talk about what I think I''ve found so either:

1) It was already found and not considered viable/not as good as other setups :(
or
2) I actually found something new/worthwhile :)

Messing around with 112 it has some decent surface-level value use to it since it starts with a jab and ends in a somewhat quick overhead that causes a hard knockdown. After trying to see how it could work in a combo however I found that it causes some sort of extended hard knockdown when you use it on an opponent that's being comboed in the air. The overhead 2 smacks them face down sliding them on the ground for an extended time, giving you time to set up an otg dive punch. If you time it right they can't wake up and can only block the mixup.

If this sounds familiar and isn't anything new then sorry for wasting you guys' time, if it is new then I wouldn't mind making a video thread demonstrating it and going further into detail, because I'd really like to share whatever I can.
try to post a combo with that tech implemented.

Troid

So is it new? I'll try to take a vid of it but not right now as it's pretty late, but I'm going to definitely try to get it up some time tomorrow. I don't think it's revolutionary, but I think it's worth sharing.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
So is it new? I'll try to take a vid of it but not right now as it's pretty late, but I'm going to definitely try to get it up some time tomorrow. I don't think it's revolutionary, but I think it's worth sharing.
Do me a favor since im not at my ps3. Set the AI to roll. Let me know if the AI tech rolls with that. I have a suspicion that it works the same way as batman's b112 if done mid air juggle. It may only be a hard knockdown when the opponent is grounded.

people knew that after the opponent is in the air the 112 caused a hard knockdown, but nobody has done a combo with that.

chronos411

Last Kyptonian of VA
So whats the best corner combo people have figured out off of a F23 starter with 1 Bar and Trait? I can't seem to break 55%. Ive been trying to not use zap also.

Troid

Do me a favor since im not at my ps3. Set the AI to roll. Let me know if the AI tech rolls with that. I have a suspicion that it works the same way as batman's b112 if done mid air juggle. It may only be a hard knockdown when the opponent is grounded.

Ahhhhhh, crap your right, you can tech roll out of it. I never tried setting that because the animation is exactly the same as the hard knockdown. Should I even bother posting a vid now? You still can't wake up out of it and it sets up for ambiguous crossups so I figure it's still pretty viable.

Ahhhhhh, crap your right, you can tech roll out of it. I never tried setting that because the animation is exactly the same as the hard knockdown. Should I even bother posting a vid now? You still can't wake up out of it and it sets up for ambiguous crossups so I figure it's still pretty viable.
post the video anyway, maybe I can help you to improve it.

xQUANTUMx

even if they roll, they might still have to guess where to block. You still might have a 50/50 off of it. Thats just me theory fighting, I dont know for sure right now.

Troid

Right now I'm testing how punishable it is if they tech it (trying against various characters) So far it seems very MU specific. You can still say, bait out DS to wake up sword flip and back dash, then punish, but something fast like Zod's charge you can only block. I might make a whole separate video about what to do if they figure out you can tech it. At this point I only have an hour or so before I have to work, so the video may have to wait until tomorrow since I'll still be testing stuff.

xQUANTUMx

Right now I'm testing how punishable it is if they tech it (trying against various characters) So far it seems very MU specific. You can still say, bait out DS to wake up sword flip and back dash, then punish, but something fast like Zod's charge you can only block. I might make a whole separate video about what to do if they figure out you can tech it. At this point I only have an hour or so before I have to work, so the video may have to wait until tomorrow since I'll still be testing stuff.

Test it first before uploading. Try to do multiple scenarios. Zod wakeup is good, Bladam wakeup would be good (because it isnt direction specific) and Corps Charge might be a good one on top of what you already did with DS

Troid

Okay I've done a bunch of testing and I'll try to redo the video tonight after I get back. I think I'm going to make a separate thread with two videos; one showing how to do/followup on the setup and another on what to do if the opponent techs. Thanks for showing an interest guys; it's fun for me figuring this shit out.