What's new

Guide All-Star Superman Guide

Try the watchtower in the right side as well.
I have. You can combo into the throw like in the video, but it doesn't grant you a free ground touching move such as B1 like in the Asylum. Still get a free Ground Smash attempt though.

MrAvA

Smashing.
I have. You can combo into the throw like in the video, but it doesn't grant you a free ground touching move like B1. Still get a free Ground Smash attempt though.
Other set ups I was developing is if you use an intractable in the corner you can boost the damage output and create mix ups.Like in the watchtower in the left side you do ur bnb and use the intractable then jump over him with a cross over, d1, or grab him back to the corner. You can do more set ups like this in every stage but some are just plain stupid and dont do anything. The cross over tech makes MANY more mix up options for superman.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Has anyone experimented with instant air laser as close to the ground as possible? I was doing them like what would look like a foot off the ground (arcade stick is easy,a it more difficult on pad) and it seemed to recover fast enough to either block a follow up dash attack by the opponent or in certain cases, f23 them out of their dash towards you. Not sure if this is viable at all, but thought I would ask

knoterror
Raynex
DeathAndHealing
SatsuiYesHadou
@everyone else (superman community)

Sent from my iPad

Raynex

Intelligence + Speed + Power
I stay away from instant air laser because they can be jumped -> punished similar to ground laser. IA laser might have less recovery but it's just as telegraphed.

The lower you are to the ground when doing air Heat Visions, the safer you are. The recovery on air Heat Vision seem like it's only as you fall.

xQUANTUMx

Ok thanks for the tip. I guess it was working on keeners getting in because they were so annoyed by my "spamming" that I'd f23 trait them instead. Good to know then.

Hopefully that tech is not a bug. Seems like it might be. Getting hit with lows while grounded is dirty. But then again, you only get two uses out of it for just a standing reset/mixup opportunity, which is only of course if your opponent doesn't remove it from play first.

But I'm definitely incorporating the F2D13 crossup stuff into my corner game. Its too good, especially with MB interactibles.

Do you use an Arcade Stick, Hitbox or a normal Xbox360/PS3 pad?

If you use an arcade stick, (which is my case) you can jump forward and then tap forward twice or the opposite, jump backwards and then tap twice backwards. I think it's much easier than do the neutral jump and then tap twice in any direction.
Arcade stick, Thanks for the tips guys.

MashBot

You're over matched.
knoterror nice find! Can't wait to get home and try it out and other resets.

for my iad i do the magneto air mag blast motion and then tap against comes out faster to me then other ways just putting it out there.

Also I never do breath after f23 unless I know they gonna press a button to get the stuff. My question is. Is supes breath -1 or +1?

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
knoterror nice find! Can't wait to get home and try it out and other resets.

for my iad i do the magneto air mag blast motion and then tap against comes out faster to me then other ways just putting it out there.

Also I never do breath after f23 unless I know they gonna press a button to get the stuff. My question is. Is supes breath -1 or +1?

+1.

MashBot

You're over matched.
Anybody else experience a bug with Supes in the corner?

I do MBBreath and sometimes his super comes out (and im not pressing the triggers).
you can get super by pressing three or four buttons i think at the same time, something like you grab/interactable with 1+2 i forgot which it is. just make sure your not over inputing the move go to practice and turn on inputs to see where the super inputs are coming from. good luck.

i also have some meaty setups off of hard knockdowns im post as soon as i iron out all the details, fames, cons, dmg and have a few more variations of the setup.

MashBot

You're over matched.
I throw it out to keep people honest, but I haven't studied it in terms of its uses. What were your thoughts on it?
i use it as a meaty set up on wake sometimes and cancels to low scoop if hit besides that and the knoterror reset i mostly get by mistake

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I throw it out to keep people honest, but I haven't studied it in terms of its uses. What were your thoughts on it?

I do that as well, I've also thrown it out at certain ranges in case people try to dash in or something. I've been using every now and then when I have meter to play with and throwing out meter breath after for some nice damage if it hits. People tend to look for the F2D1 or scoop for lows and get hit with that.

Raynex

Intelligence + Speed + Power
B1 is amazing. Best time to use it is non-meaty imo. Wait for your opponent to get up and walk backwards. 90% of the time people get up crouch blocking, but they will switch to stand block when they see you moving away. This is when you B1! Just delay it a tad, and it will catch opponents looking for F23 or other strings. [MB] Breath makes it a safe combo starter.

Also D1, walk backwards B1. If they try to throw break or press buttons you outrange them with the laser and blow them up. You have to space the D1 properly otherwise you'll get hit out of your B1 (it's 19f).

UPDATED.

I would like to take the time to say Ive officially dropped Superman but will update the guide as information is fed to me. Please tag me and have a write up ready and I will post it in the PLAYER SUBMITTED STRATEGY and TECH section. Further, if anyone believes some data should be showcased I will take it out of the PSSaT section and slap it on the general guide so everyone can see it.

EDIT: Cleaning up the guide, will return to normal soon.

xQUANTUMx

some other ways i found todo the knoterror reset the f2d13 wasnt crossing up everytime for me and they stayed in the corner. the second one with the ground smash is a cross up. sorry it looks so crappy my i5 is in the shop and had to use this really old ipod. more vids when i get my phone back
What are the inputs? If not too much trouble

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD