What's new

Guide All-Star Superman Guide

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Don't bother using f23, b3. Even if you can manage 40% with no trait or meter, believe me is a waste of time because that combo is useless in the corner and doesn't work agains way more than half of the cast. Also way to easy to drop that and dropping a combo in a real match can cost you the game.
I don't like it simply bc in a high pressure situation I need something I can rely on. B3 is tight as hell.
What would you suggest?

Team NRF

I don't like it simply bc in a high pressure situation I need something I can rely on. B3 is tight as hell.
What would you suggest?

Team NRF
what kind of situation? you against the corner or regular midscreen?
I recommend the basic f23, jf2, f23, f2 Scoop, Super punch or f23, f23, f2 Scoop Super Punch. Those two are the best midscreen superman combos without meter. Use the jf2 one just when he is standing and f23 as an anti air. Those combos are awesome for mixup potentials, because they are compatible with every single supes reset that exist.

xQUANTUMx

what kind of situation? you against the corner or regular midscreen?
I recommend the basic f23, jf2, f23, f2 Scoop, Super punch or f23, f23, f2 Scoop Super Punch. Those two are the best midscreen superman combos without meter. Use the jf2 one just when he is standing and f23 as an anti air. Those combos are awesome for mixup potentials, because they are compatible with every single supes reset that exist.
Ya mid screen. I'm usually trying to get them to the corner as much as possible unless its a situational thing where I use an interactable bounce or something for ~40% with trait

Team NRF

Ya mid screen. I'm usually trying to get them to the corner as much as possible unless its a situational thing where I use an interactable bounce or something for ~40% with trait

Team NRF
use always, and I repeat Always! the superman punch as ender. Use those two and you are done, specially the jf2 one.

Drecker

GET CITY.
"Also, stop talking about corner carry when your combos doesn't even work for that."
lolwut. Each of the last three combos I posted take your opponent to the corner from midscreen or further and leaves you close enough to run your oki game.

" you don't know even supes resets aside from the basic jd3 cross up"

You know this how? If I corner someone without Breath/Punch ender, I probably did it with a sweep and am able to run any ambiguous 50/50 play I feel like, or Dive. Midscreen has true 50/50's,; you can't get much more effective than that if you're not going for hard-knockdown options.

"to add 2% ;) in a character specific combo"

We've been over this - I've proven my point in my earlier posts. Oh no, I took 20 minutes to improve my character in certain matchups. What a gigantic waste of time.
"no j2: 35% no trait, no meter, no interactable"

Until I see it, I'm calling bullshit. Breaking 33% without a jump-in, trait, interactable or b3 with an f23 starter (which is what I'm talking about) won't happen. I REALLY hope I'm wrong because I only want to see this character grow, but until you can back that up I'm calling shenanigans. TONY-T would probably have found it by now.

"because that combo is useless in the corner "

Why would I be doing this in the corner? When I connect an f23 or j2, I'm going to burn 1-2 bars and do optimal damage.

"way to easy to drop"

Stop being lazy and get your execution on a level where dropping combos consistently isn't an issue anymore.

I just realized you're the guy who shitposted all that cancer crying about f23 being cheap to TJ Casters and tried to say confirming into Dive off a lowest-possible j2 is a practical combo, why am I even wasting my time responding?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Does 2,2 low scoop still get people?

Team NRF
Some people yes.

Sometimes with all the crap Supes throws at you the 22 scoop can slip your mind. Shouldnt work more than one or two times a match though if your opponent knows what they are doing.

Great combo, but isn't a little bit too hard to miss the second 1? I mean I always do just with one 1 because 11 becomes a little bit harder.
Well, online it's a bit tricky, because you have to delay the 11 in order for both to hit, and if you delay it too much, you will whiff the MB frost breath and waste meter.

The visual cue I use is to wait until the opponent falls to about even with Supe's head after the low scoop. I use Catwoman as a training dummy, since she has such a small hitbox, and I've been getting this pretty consistently in training. Other opponents with medium or large hitboxes are probably even easier, since you can do the 11 a bit earlier.

It is difficult to time the 11 juuuuust right, but once that's down, the rest of the combo is as easy as any other Supes BnB combo. After about 30 minutes repeating this combo in practice mode, I can say I land it pretty consistently.

I generally never miss the 11, but every now and then I do connect it a bit too late and end up whiffing frost breath which is a waste of meter.... I'll see if I have more conistency with just one 1 tommorrow.

lolwut. Each of the last three combos I posted take your opponent to the corner from midscreen or further and leaves you close enough to run your oki game.

" you don't know even supes resets aside from the basic jd3 cross up"

You know this how? If I corner someone without Breath/Punch ender, I probably did it with a sweep and am able to run any ambiguous 50/50 play I feel like, or Dive. Midscreen has true 50/50's,; you can't get much more effective than that if you're not going for hard-knockdown options.

"to add 2% ;) in a character specific combo"

We've been over this - I've proven my point in my earlier posts. Oh no, I took 20 minutes to improve my character in certain matchups. What a gigantic waste of time.
"no j2: 35% no trait, no meter, no interactable"

Until I see it, I'm calling bullshit. Breaking 33% without a jump-in, trait, interactable or b3 with an f23 starter (which is what I'm talking about) won't happen. I REALLY hope I'm wrong because I only want to see this character grow, but until you can back that up I'm calling shenanigans. TONY-T would probably have found it by now.

"because that combo is useless in the corner "

Why would I be doing this in the corner? When I connect an f23 or j2, I'm going to burn 1-2 bars and do optimal damage.

"way to easy to drop"

Stop being lazy and get your execution on a level where dropping combos consistently isn't an issue anymore.

I just realized you're the guy who shitposted all that cancer crying about f23 being cheap to TJ Casters and tried to say confirming into Dive off a lowest-possible j2 is a practical combo, why am I even wasting my time responding?
You call this bullshit?
f23, b3, jf3, jf2, f2 Scoop, 3, Superman Punch/Rising Grab, Heat Vision = 35%/36%
jf2, f23, b3, jf3, jf2, f2 Scoop, 3, Superman Punch/Rising Grab, Heat Vision = 39%/40%
Now shut the fuck up noob! if you can't find these kind of easy things and you need your babysitter to do your homework, it clearly shows that you don't know a shit about this game! How can't you find that? and as I said, waste your time learning that I'm 100% sure it won't work on a real match not just because the rate drop and that it can't be made on more than half the cast. It won't work because nobody is gonna eat the f23 when you want it and the reaction time of the b3 without knowing if the 3 from f23 will connect is a guessing game. Also, if you plan on doing b3 and your opponent is blocking, prepare to eat a 40% combo. Also, lol what? you think those are the best oki games? seriously? uggg... these noobs.. Anyway, I'm not gonna reveal my tricks until my guide is complete so keep watching streamings and using basic tech.

xQUANTUMx

Drecker
M-Aran-X

While I appreciate the passion the two of you have for our fav character if you're going to sling shit at each other please do so in a pm so that another superman thread does not yet again, get closed.

Thanks.

Team NRF

Drecker
M-Aran-X

While I appreciate the passion the two of you have for our fav character if you're going to sling shit at each other please do so in a pm so that another superman thread does not yet again, get closed.

Thanks.

Team NRF
you asked me about pressure situations las time.
Take the combo I posted in the last post for example.
f23, b3, jf3, jf2, f2 Scoop, 3, Superman Punch/Rising Grab, Heat Vision = 35%/36%
jf2, f23, b3, jf3, jf2, f2 Scoop, 3, Superman Punch/Rising Grab, Heat Vision = 39%/40%
We can transform this combo from an useless combo into something useful.
Most of the players have their minds conditioned to do a string and if it fails breath.
ok so everytime you connect a breath turn it in a MB Breath so lets go for this:
f23, MB Breath.
And now do the rest of the combo I posted above. This works on every character and you will have a lot of situations to use that, because let's accept it: How many times have people do f23 MB Breath instead of f23, f2 MB Breath? way too many! so this combo optimize the damage of the regular f23 f2 mb breath.

xQUANTUMx

you asked me about pressure situations las time.
Take the combo I posted in the last post for example.
We can transform this combo from an useless combo into something useful.
Most of the players have their minds conditioned to do a string and if it fails breath.
ok so everytime you connect a breath turn it in a MB Breath so lets go for this:
f23, MB Breath.
And now do the rest of the combo I posted above. This works on every character and you will have a lot of situations to use that, because let's accept it: How many times have people do f23 MB Breath instead of f23, f2 MB Breath? way too many! so this combo optimize the damage of the regular f23 f2 mb breath.
I'll hit this in lab, thanks.

Team NRF

I'll hit this in lab, thanks.

Team NRF
let's do an improvement.
the same combo but instead of using f2 Scoop, use d1 Scoop, way more consistent.
Also don't forget to delay the 3 after the jump forward as much as you can, that way you will be able to jump and connect the jf2.
f23, [Freeze], b3, jf3, jf2, d1 Scoop, 3, Superman Punch/Rising Grab, Heat Vision = 35%/36%
jf2, f23, [Freeze], b3, jf3, jf2, d1 Scoop, 3, Superman Punch/Rising Grab, Heat Vision = 39%/40%

Eyedentical

That's it? That's all you got?
Everytime I try f23 f23 f2scoop the scoop doesn't come out and I get low laser like wtf is the trick?

Clark

Hides behind armor
Everytime I try f23 f23 f2scoop the scoop doesn't come out and I get low laser like wtf is the trick?
You are pressing 1 before you finish moving your stick to the forward position. You are probably pressing it when your stick is in the down-forward position, which means f2d1 is coming out instead of f2 scoop.

Eyedentical

That's it? That's all you got?
You are pressing 1 before you finish moving your stick to the forward position. You are probably pressing it when your stick is in the down-forward position, which means f2d1 is coming out instead of f2 scoop.
I see what you mean but that's a really really strict time frame to do so

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Must of caught one too many lasers huh scrub?

Lol I am a scrub. So kind of you to notice ;). Anyway laser zoning doesnt bother me, that shits easy to get in on. Jus superman as a character, broken and braindead. deny if Ud like. Idgaf. easiest character to play at a high level.

Since the patch hit I'm having an extremely difficult time hitting F23 F23 F2 low scoop. The low scoop whiffs most of the time. I used it against Bane, Batgirl, MMH, and Scorpion. Anyone having this problem as well?