What's new

Afteraftermath leaks & rumors ... enter only with a huge grain of salt (Warning: Story Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
This is the Reddit screenshot I was sent by someone I know who's always been pretty reliable about knowing what's coming.

Make of it what you will.
It says nothing of Rambo or a replacement for Ash.
But if it's true, it would leave enough characters for one more ful Kombat Pack, and an odd character out.

View attachment 16884

I like this one better, and it makes a lot more sense than Rambo being impulsively added at the last minute.

If it's right, this is what I think you get:

Kai, as the new White Lotus representative, since Liu Kang is a Time God and Kung Lao is doing who knows what. Also I'm 90% sure he's Krypt Guy, and 50/50 that they're going to do an Oni in Killer Instinct and make him free DLC.
Ashrah, who as the Oni Demoness of the Netherrealm looking for redemption can be tied to any angle of the story.
Daegon, the founder of the Red Dragon, getting ready to do his Armageddon thing.
Havik, the Cleric of Chaosrealm, ready to finally being the Chaos VS Order story into future-gen MK.
Deathstroke, as a precursor to Injustice 3.
John Wick, because Keanu Reeves is about to take over gaming forever and also it's being heavily rumored that Neo is going to be in IJ3 as well, so why not? AND he could have a Friendship with his little dog, too.
And Quan Chi, the sorcerer who literally started ALL of this by teaming up with Shinnok.

At this point, I don't care what leak is right as long as the game gets better and Havik is in/we get the Armageddon 2.0 story. I'll be happy even if it's horrible, because I've waited almost two decades for the story to get a proper not ridiculously mailed in ending.

Anyway

#TeamAshrah
Yeah, I remember that one a few days ago on reddit. I think I handwaved it because of Quan Chi being in there, but now ... I don't know anymore.

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
Okay, so if true, do we think Shinnok/Taven is going to be an Enchantress situation i.e. in this timeline Onaga never reached Shujinko but in fact Shinnok takes over Taven and uses him as his vessel? That way we might have two in one with Taven in Shinnok's outfit with his powers? Or Taven with Shinnok switching spots with him?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Yeah, I remember that one a few days ago on reddit. I think I handwaved it because of Quan Chi being in there, but now ... I don't know anymore.
I really want this pack to be the real one. Not just because I want Ashrah, but because between the characters and the story, you can wrap all the stories together in a bow and make shit make sense. AND you have at least one representative of all the old games: Sheeva for MK3/MK9, Fujin and Kai for MK4, Quan Chi for Deadly Alliance (and because there is really no MK story without his actions), Ashrah and Havik for Deception, Daegon for Armageddon, Deathstroke as the bridge to Injustice, and Wick because he fits and also Keanu Reeves.
Not too much, not too little, covers the whole scope of the realms, etcetera. Chaosrealm FINALLY gets introduced into the roster, and possibly Orderrealm too depending on if Ashrah's character is rewritten at all since it wouldn't be a far stretch for her to be involved with the Seidan Guardsmen or something.

I'm curious if they're going to touch on Shujinko at all. It seems like regardless of which leaks are accurate, we're going back to Armageddon. I'm wondering if they'll give him and the Kamidogu any big plot time.

It's funny. In MKD Konquest, people are scattered all over the realms and time feels out of order in ways that made absolutely no sense...unless you factor in the Hourglass. It would be something if they made a giant lore reach across time and show Kronika doing her thing during the 3D MK events, and it turns out that the MK11 didn't get messed up by senseless timeline shenanigans; the shenanigans have been happening the entire time, and we just weren't aware of it. How else could you end up with the situation in Armageddon where EVERYONE was still alive and converging on the Pyramid, unless they weren't all from the same timeline?

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
The devs are just trolling now with these character choices.
This is turning into the expendables lol.
Can't wait for the trailer for Chuck Norris.
He will be the most broken fighting game character if all time. He doesn't even loose in the mirror.
You win just by picking Chuck Norris.... His intro is like Cassie but he blows bubbles with beef jerky and eats tomato soup with chopsticks.... then after he wins he demonstrates his supreme speed by running around the world and punching himself in the back of the head.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Just watched the vid. I think you did a wonderful job stressing out that at this point, all these are rumors until proven otherwise. Also, kudos for mentioning every single 'major' KP2-3 leak that is circulating on reddit right now. Based on the responses I read, most people seem quite pleased with the DLC rosters mentioned. I must admit I didn't expect that.

Either way, we'll definitely (?) get some more info on the 26th once dataminers begin their work on the Aftermath Edition.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
I really want this pack to be the real one. Not just because I want Ashrah, but because between the characters and the story, you can wrap all the stories together in a bow and make shit make sense. AND you have at least one representative of all the old games: Sheeva for MK3/MK9, Fujin and Kai for MK4, Quan Chi for Deadly Alliance (and because there is really no MK story without his actions), Ashrah and Havik for Deception, Daegon for Armageddon, Deathstroke as the bridge to Injustice, and Wick because he fits and also Keanu Reeves.
Not too much, not too little, covers the whole scope of the realms, etcetera. Chaosrealm FINALLY gets introduced into the roster, and possibly Orderrealm too depending on if Ashrah's character is rewritten at all since it wouldn't be a far stretch for her to be involved with the Seidan Guardsmen or something.

I'm curious if they're going to touch on Shujinko at all. It seems like regardless of which leaks are accurate, we're going back to Armageddon. I'm wondering if they'll give him and the Kamidogu any big plot time.

It's funny. In MKD Konquest, people are scattered all over the realms and time feels out of order in ways that made absolutely no sense...unless you factor in the Hourglass. It would be something if they made a giant lore reach across time and show Kronika doing her thing during the 3D MK events, and it turns out that the MK11 didn't get messed up by senseless timeline shenanigans; the shenanigans have been happening the entire time, and we just weren't aware of it. How else could you end up with the situation in Armageddon where EVERYONE was still alive and converging on the Pyramid, unless they weren't all from the same timeline?
Quan Chi isn't an MK4 rep??? I typically agree with most of your posts but i think if we're going to have the Man of Tai Chi playing ANY role for NRS it should be John Constantine (at least he's DC). John Wick is badass and i loved the movies but why make a Terminator without the cybernetic half? To me that's what it boils down to, just like Rambo. It's just another dude with guns and knives unfortunately :(

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Quan Chi isn't an MK4 rep??? I typically agree with most of your posts but i think if we're going to have the Man of Tai Chi playing ANY role for NRS it should be John Constantine (at least he's DC). John Wick is badass and i loved the movies but why make a Terminator without the cybernetic half? To me that's what it boils down to, just like Rambo. It's just another dude with guns and knives unfortunately :(
I think that it's less playing as Rambo and the Terminator and more playing as Stallone and Arnold.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Just watched the vid. I think you did a wonderful job stressing out that at this point, all these are rumors until proven otherwise. Also, kudos for mentioning every single 'major' KP2-3 leak that is circulating on reddit right now. Based on the responses I read, most people seem quite pleased with the DLC rosters mentioned. I must admit I didn't expect that.

Either way, we'll definitely (?) get some more info on the 26th once dataminers begin their work on the Aftermath Edition.
Key takeaway from comments which happens every fucking time

"blah blah blah I HATE GUEST CHARACTERS... except this one I am hype for this one"

IF YOU LIKE ONE GUEST CHARACTER YOU CANNOT SHIT ON THE CONCEPT OF GUEST CHARACTERS YOU DUMMY YOU ARE LITERALLY THE TARGET MARKET NOW, YOU ARE WHAT YOU PURPORT TO HATE.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Key takeaway from comments which happens every fucking time

"blah blah blah I HATE GUEST CHARACTERS... except this one I am hype for this one"

IF YOU LIKE ONE GUEST CHARACTER YOU CANNOT SHIT ON THE CONCEPT OF GUEST CHARACTERS YOU DUMMY YOU ARE LITERALLY THE TARGET MARKET NOW, YOU ARE WHAT YOU PURPORT TO HATE.
I can sympathize, in a way. I mean, if there was one reveal left, and the rumors were that it was going to be Havik, then it is revealed to be … I don't know, Edward Scissorhands with the likeness of Johnny Depp, I would bang my head on a wall so hard that my skull would crack open.

People want to see their faves and it hurts when they get an irrelevant character they don't give two shits about instead. My take, anyways.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
People want to see their faves and it hurts when they get an irrelevant character they don't give two shits about instead. My take, anyways.
Mileena is my favourite character

however I can't really voice that anymore cause look what fucking mileena fans have done since MK11 launch. I now live with the fact I ain't getting my character and just am happy for whatever comes my way.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Mileena is my favourite character

however I can't really voice that anymore cause look what fucking mileena fans have done since MK11 launch. I now live with the fact I ain't getting my character and just am happy for whatever comes my way.
yep, same here .... love Mileena and she is my favourite ever, but, that fucking Mileena fanboys stans over Twitter, annoying Ed Boon at daily basis because her .... that is just a fucked up cringeworthy embarassement, an annoying and shame inconvenience that taint badly the real Mileena fans, normal people like us .... ;)

On acount for that, it's much better that she stay away from MK11, I cannot stand all of these brainless assholes stupid retards over Twitter and other social medias, screaming like babies whining over milk to feed, argh ! :mad:

I accepted Mileena will NEVER be in MK11, no matter what. I can wait for the crazy bitch returns on MK12, no problem with that, hehe ! :p

At the moment, there is very interesting stuff to come up already, Fujin looks incredible, as well Sheeva and Robocop, cannot wait for the Aftermath ! :)

Fingers crossing for Sareena make it into final roster, as a last choice for KP2 or KP3 ! :D

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Is that 2nd story expansion gonna cost another $40 bones?
Source: My ass.

I think KP2 is going to be 4-5 characters, then there's going to be a MK11 - Finale Edition with the last 4-3 characters with the final story mode. And that will be it.

I don't really understand this part in both leaks (the Rambo one and the John Wick one) which talk like Fujin, Robocop and Sheeva are part of the KP2. If Aftermath was the KP2 and had 6 characters, NRS would have said as such in the trailer.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
What I mean is that he is the guy who lit the fire for the ENTIRE story, whereas Fujin and Kai have only really had screen time in MK4. But he'd be the MKDA guy specifically because with there being a whole Shang Tsung story expansion, and all leaks leading us to believe we're getting the redux of the old story, you start with the other half of the Deadly Alliance. Quan's currently dead spooky self is probably doing the exact same thing he was doing last time: trying to escape the Netherrealm via whatever secret portal powers it was he got when he escaped the first time after he learned about Onaga and his army.

Also, if they do make Wick, it's almost definitely because it would have coincided with what was supposed to be the fourth movie release. But I also would rather see him as his Constantine.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
@Lt. Boxy Angelman I've been trying to find common ground between the two leaks. But aside from Havik, Quan Chi and Daegon and the fact that we're getting a 2nd story expansion, there isn't much to go with. Do you have any details on the story mode of the leak with John Wick?

mattteo

Noob
@Lt. Boxy Angelman I've been trying to find common ground between the two leaks. But aside from Havik, Quan Chi and Daegon and the fact that we're getting a 2nd story expansion, there isn't much to go with. Do you have any details on the story mode of the leak with John Wick?

There is also this leak: https://www.reddit.com/r/Mortalkombatleaks/comments/gela81
It seems that 2 are saying it's going to be Havik, Daegon, Michael Myers or Ash, Quan Chi, Ashrah, Kai, Deathstroke and Wick.

And 2 are saying it will be Havik, Daegon, Rambo (Ash?), Quan Chi, Takeda, Reiko, Taven, Shinnok, Sareena, Mileena.

They kind of look alike ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.