What's new

Afteraftermath leaks & rumors ... enter only with a huge grain of salt (Warning: Story Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamer68

Fujin!
I wouldn't take the rest as gospel. Yes, this person probably knows some stuff, but they got the number of Aftermath characters and stages wrong, as well as how the characters are releasing. Either their info is outdated, or there's a mix of truth and fibs. I wouldn't be surprised if some of it was true, but I'd bet some money that at least some of it isn't.
For sure.

One thing that was kinda weird is that he claims that the 2021 DLC will include three new story chapters but didn't mention that about Aftermath. Unless I'm just reading it weird.

Makes me wonder if he mixed-up some of the information that was given to him but it's still mostly true. Or it could just be outdated. Or maybe it's just fake still, lol.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Found this on Reddit, the John Wick leak that was posted a while back could actually have some truth to it.

The leaker claimed that a new version of MK11 would be released on June 12th. Obviously Aftermath is releasing on May 26th, but remember there is still the physical version... which actually got a release date today apparently.

It's June 12th just like the leak claimed.

The leak:
So there was more to it?
Oh that is fucking wonderful.

Y'all really don't know how happy I'm going to be if Ashrah comes back. The root of attachment to this woman is a long and fucked up real life story. Being able to compete with her specifically would be on its own enough to get me to get serious about the game again. Even if they didn't change the meta at all and it stayed the same tedious but not broken strike-throw scenario, Ashrah would make it worth it.

You're only 32?
33 on the 3'rd of July. I can't believe it's already been almost a decade since I joined up here and went down the FGC rabbit hole.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I love Chronicles of Riddick. Definitely ahead of its time. Many people didn't understand it.

Wonderful music as well. Can't complain of any actor: Karl Urban (one of my favourites from TLOTR, Dredd, Doom etc), Thandie Newton when she was young and pretty, Alexa Davalos, even got Judi Dench.
Yes exactly. Also, one reason a lot of people may not have liked it as much is because the theatrical release is FAR inferior to the directors cut version. They cut A LOT of very crucial story telling plots in the theatrical release. Like almost everything about the Furyans was cut, as well as really good dialogue and scenes were cut. Even the ending is different in the directors cut, which again, is better than the theatrical release.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
[

So the ending to Aftermath 1 is just bullshit then that doesn’t matter? Because it’s not the real ending and instead Daegon gets the crown for Aftermath 2?
The KP2 ending ALSO doesnt matter as Takeda just gets the crown back for Liu Kang. So for 20+ years nothing in the MK Universe has mattered. Just an endless cycle of spinning plates with no story progression. Why tf even bother rebooting the franchise if you're going to roll out with this horse excrement? NRS refuses to take any risks with their story arc. We get teeny bopping teens and doppelganger galore, but no world progression.

Why cant Kronika just wreck shit? Or in this case since NRS sees fit, have Shang or Daegon/Taven end the MK11 story with the Earth being destroyed and all realms flooded with Chaos? Nah, same ole, same ole, goodie two shoes Kang at the top o' the world.

Byke in the day during the trilogy, these developers had fn balls. When I first played MK3 as a kid, I was taken back by Earth being completely over ran by Outworld. Now, just goody two shoes bullshit to help pay for Boon's hair transplants. (I read that somewhere, and now i firmly believe it so. It's all about the hair.)

What's MK12 going to be centered around? Kang loses the crown to Onaga, and with the help of Good Mileena, its safely returned to his temporal lobes?

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
So there was more to it?
Oh that is fucking wonderful.

Y'all really don't know how happy I'm going to be if Ashrah comes back. The root of attachment to this woman is a long and fucked up real life story. Being able to compete with her specifically would be on its own enough to get me to get serious about the game again. Even if they didn't change the meta at all and it stayed the same tedious but not broken strike-throw scenario, Ashrah would make it worth it.

33 on the 3'rd of July. I can't believe it's already been almost a decade since I joined up here and went down the FGC rabbit hole.
I still remember all them casuals we had in the room that night with @Jephtile and @Rin Andrechentov while your wife sat around hangin with tha guys. Were you there when @Maxter and @k-frog came up and were giving us help with high level Sektor and Ermac or down in the conference room? I think @toxic1210 was there too

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
I guess it doesn't count as a "Fighting" games but Freddy, Jason, Robocop, Terminator, Alien, Predator,.... All had their own games before MK existed iirc.

Alien vs Predator was about the closest and Robocop vs Terminator despite being "Beat 'Em Up" FGs i see it about the equivalent of Marvel adding Mega-Man or Strider Hiryu or Tronne Bonne or Son-son to MvC

There was at least 1 Rambo game too
These aren’t fighting game characters, as in - characters that originated from a fighting game. Robocop is a movie character, Spawn is a comic book character etc.

Afumba

Noob
I only read the part about the remaining characters.

Good thing = only 2 guest out of 9.

Bad thing = i dont care about any of them beside Sareena, Havik and Quan. I am okay with Takeda... but the rest might as well be all Hsu Haos.

So i am gonna lie to myself and pretend you are wrong about these :)

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Two popular and beloved characters?

yeah nrs really f*cked up those stupid bitchches!!!!!!
Beloved characters who fit the franchise perfectly, lol.
Plus we definitely need more guys shooting guns. Should I add IMO to all posts ? Feel free to like it, I think it's a terrible idea.

Wow. WB Games really know how to milk the shit out of a franchise. If this is true (not necessarily the characters but the release structure), I'll either likely to end up paying about 220 $ for this game or drop it right now. I have no intention to fight characters online I have no idea how to defend against for months.

I'll definitely stop supporting this game on multiple platforms though.

haketh

Noob
Westworld Season 3 is the most anger inducing series I've ever seen. And I liked Seasons 1 and 2. Thandie and Evan Rachel Wood looked ridiculous fighting.

It was as horrible as that Watchmen series from last year, which was as racist as Jax's ending.

They have really gone down with film making in America...
lol

Yes exactly. Also, one reason a lot of people may not have liked it as much is because the theatrical release is FAR inferior to the directors cut version. They cut A LOT of very crucial story telling plots in the theatrical release. Like almost everything about the Furyans was cut, as well as really good dialogue and scenes were cut. Even the ending is different in the directors cut, which again, is better than the theatrical release.
Huh didn’t know that, I still enjoyed the Theatrical cut, I should hunt down the DC

DoDaMuSiC

Ermac ftw
To look back and see that we have had Freddy, Jason, Leatherface, Alien and Predator as guests, getting Terminator, Joker, Robocop and Rambo now seems “disappointing” at the least

mattteo

Noob
Didn't finish s2 and haven't seen Watchmen but i implore you to find better film makers than the U.S. ... Avengers Endgame by itself is enough to attest ... but I'm quite fond of several U.K. directors as well

Avengers Endgame? Are we referring to B-movies in terms of artistic value and culturality? Cause that's what Avengers is. Not even good enough to be called popcorn flick. Fine, I guess it's the best movie if you think in terms of how many teenagers watch and the cultural impact.

But like Martin Scorsese said- These are not real movies.

I liked the one in which Thanos was intelligent and kicked ass. The last one didn't make any sense whatsoever. Bring back all living things 5 years into the future?

What about the billions of animal pups from all societies that need nurture and whose animal mothers now won't even look at them?? They'd have better been left dead.

World should stink of puppy corpses if Hulk brought back all living things. Who takes care of the human babies who were newborn and disappeared? Ok, maybe this can happen in 80% of the cases, but many babies would die too. Certainly all the animals.

They really should have thought of a way to undo the timeline, not go with it. But...writers in America, like I said above...what can you do?

The sad thing is just that audiences said nothing. They just accepted a blatantly obvious plot hole. This is where we are with cinema.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Woah.

Back the fook up a bit.

Screenshots?

You have screenshots?

Bruh.

Bruh.

Please, for the love of christ, elaborate on that one. You have screenshots proving that the John Wick is the real thing?
I wish. I posted the same shot you did, either in this thread or a different one. I'm just glad it's not a total dud and there's a substantial chance it's real.
I still remember all them casuals we had in the room that night with @Jephtile and @Rin Andrechentov while your wife sat around hangin with tha guys. Were you there when @Maxter and @k-frog came up and were giving us help with high level Sektor and Ermac or down in the conference room? I think @toxic1210 was there too
Maaaaaaaan. That was such a great time.
That whole tournament was a shitshow for me up until I ran into you guys. And me VS Frog in the Flesh Pits is still my favorite offline fight I've ever had with a well-known player.

Status
Not open for further replies.