What's new

A question for all the Liu Kangs in Kombat League

I dont know how to post it and have it look all pretty but here are the match's for those who wanted to see it.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I just wonder if it gets boring relying on that one string so much. I know it is not their fault that is just how the character is played so you have to do what you have to do but man that seems like it would get really old really fast.

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
I'm glad that I'm not the only Kano that did b3, d1 on block. My favorite thing to do was b3, d1xx lumbar check tick throw. That should never work because it isn't my turn after b3 is blocked.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
This liu reminds me of flame fist in Mkx.

F4 string into a read/mindgame. Just without the windmill and flame on damage.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I feel like Jax players rely on f33 just as much as Liusers use their crutch string.
I'm gonna go ahead and defend Liu since I picked him up yesterday and ran almost everyone over in Babeality with him.

He's totally fine and perfectly balanced!

he totally carries and ima use him at dreamhack cause I don't want my first offline tourney to be 0-2.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
I dont know how to post it and have it look all pretty but here are the match's for those who wanted to see it.
Hi ^_^

Hmm..so at what time do you actually start playing Jax and stop the random number generator that randomly selects a safe move and does it with Jax until it wins?

I was watching most of the set but couldn't figure it out ^_^

Hi ^_^

Hmm..so at what time do you actually start playing Jax and stop the random number generator that randomly selects a safe move and does it with Jax until it wins?

I was watching most of the set but couldn't figure it out ^_^
None of the staggers I did were safe. Any time you saw me do f33 into f33 that second f33 was actually 13 frames instead of 9. Whenever I staggered into a command grab it wasn’t a 10 frame cmd grab anymore it was 14ish depending on the stagger. Meaning he could have poked in between a stagger pretty easily if he read it or could react. If you noticed he even started neutral ducking to avoid my cmd grab, so I went back into staggering and cmd grabbed less. F33(1+3) can also be flawless blocker pretty easily but it never happened hence why I abused it. There’s a ton more too. I did safe things yes but a lot of the stuff I did wasn’t as safe as it looked.

Last edited:

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
None of the staggers I did were safe. Any time you saw me do f33 into f33 that second f33 was actually 13 frames instead of 9. Whenever I staggered into a command grab it wasn’t a 10 frame cmd grab anymore it was 14ish depending on the stagger. Meaning he could have poked in between a stagger pretty easily if he read it or could react. If you noticed he even started neutral ducking to avoid my cmd grab, so I went back into staggering and cmd grabbed less. F33(1+3) can also be flawless blocker pretty easily but it never happened hence why I abused it. There’s a ton more too. I did safe things yes but a lot of the stuff I did wasn’t as safe as it looked.
And you can punish F33 1+3 on block I think, or the F21+3 one. Kano maybe doesn't have that option so D1 is the way to go but they can just grab instead and he wasn't doing that.

But those were some cool matches, still makes me sad cause I think Kano still needs a bit of help in the frame data department. Not sure if Dirtbag is better against him but since Jax doesn't really give you the time to go for cmd grab mixups and you don't wanna be in his face all the time, it's probably the best option so you can create space, use the armored ball when they press buttons and stuff.

And you can punish F33 1+3 on block I think, or the F21+3 one. Kano maybe doesn't have that option so D1 is the way to go but they can just grab instead and he wasn't doing that.

But those were some cool matches, still makes me sad cause I think Kano still needs a bit of help in the frame data department. Not sure if Dirtbag is better against him but since Jax doesn't really give you the time to go for cmd grab mixups and you don't wanna be in his face all the time, it's probably the best option so you can create space, use the armored roll when they press buttons and stuff.
I feel dirtbag is better

Yeah, I mean having the armored option helps and when you use acid on any string it pushes Kano away and that's what you want against Jax.
Yeah I believe you can flawless block the acid though, I think I heard biohazard say it so I gotta check. Also f2(1+3) and f33(1+3) are both -7, you can’t punish unless you have a 6 frame button. F2d4 is -20 though so you can definitely punish that and even fuzzy between the option of low or overhead on f2, it’s not easy though. Of course don’t let Jax get away with anything after he finishes his f2 string or f33 strings though, he should be blocking.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Yeah I believe you can flawless block the acid though, I think I heard biohazard say it so I gotta check. Also f2(1+3) and f33(1+3) are both -7, you can’t punish unless you have a 6 frame button. F2d4 is -20 though so you can definitely punish that and even fuzzy between the option of low or overhead on f2, it’s not easy though. Of course don’t let Jax get away with anything after he finishes his f2 string or f33 strings though, he should be blocking.
Ah okay! Yeah, Kano's D1 is 6frames I believe, other than that it's GGs for him. I know I can punish him with Casie's 111 string and that has 7 frames startup tho but I'm guessing it works when they press buttons after that.

Oh damn really? D: poor Kano. I really want to play him but as Bio said, he's just not worth it right now when there are better options for grapplers like Jax and Baraka.

Ah okay! Yeah, Kano's D1 is 6frames I believe, other than that it's GGs for him. I know I can punish him with Casie's 111 string and that has 7 frames startup tho but I'm guessing it works when they press buttons after that.

Oh damn really? D: poor Kano. I really want to play him but as Bio said, he's just not worth it right now when there are better options for grapplers like Jax and Baraka.
Mhmm I have a friend who played Cassie and he’d do 111 after anything I tried to do so I just had to block lmao. It makes sense I think I’ve seen him play Baraka a lot lately

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Mhmm I have a friend who played Cassie and he’d do 111 after anything I tried to do so I just had to block lmao. It makes sense I think I’ve seen him play Baraka a lot lately
well there you go, that's the tech XD lmao

I never played Liu, I cannot stand these Bruce Lee characters in fighting games when you can have ninja or blood magic but this is a 2D fighter, 2D games rely on bs and tiers, so if NRS buffs Liu to top tier status then it would be stupid to not pick him. he has everything one might want in a character. Fast mids, projectile, half screen punish, annoying sounds, good frames unlike Jax, more mids than the other rushdown characters and so on. I hate Liu and I feel like i lose brain cells after every match but every game has these characters. At least he is the hero so it makes sense canon wise lmao

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
Without his f43 string most Liu players would be lost and would drop him. Just like those players did scorpion when his teleport was nerfed.
Then those same players will move to Jax because of his F33 string. It's a looping trend that players do every game since the update feature consoles allow.
They want to win with the best advantage that takes less effort as possible.