What's new

A question for all the Liu Kangs in Kombat League

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
Liu isn't the problem, it's all the people trying to tier whore to easy wins because they saw SonicFox say "Liu good" on Twitter.

I'm convinced that if you got enough streamers and top players to say Kotal Khan was god tier, the sheep would flock to him overnight.

These are the same people who were all on Scorpion pre-patch but dropped him bc he was "dead", counter pick like every match is EVO GF, and suddenly became Miami Heat fans when they picked up LeBron.

CO-KANO

psn: UNFUCxWITABLE_1
Liu isn't the problem, it's all the people trying to tier whore to easy wins because they saw SonicFox say "Liu good" on Twitter.

I'm convinced that if you got enough streamers and top players to say Kotal Khan was god tier, the sheep would flock to him overnight.

These are the same people who were all on Scorpion pre-patch but dropped him bc he was "dead", counter pick like every match is EVO GF, and suddenly became Miami Heat fans when they picked up LeBron.
This is great. Personally i wouldnt say liu is top tier. Its all subjective, where i fall short is patience. Inwant a quick victory over a drawn out one and often i go for soecific moves instead of going with the flow. I played Sum_Dum_Gai on ps4 once and it was clear his liu was suppose to be at the top rank but all these other ones keep freezing my game when they forfeit matches

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
That's the thing Liu doesn't necessarily have to be top tier. Just the mere perception of a character being good is enough to see an increase in their player count. You can see this phenomenon first hand whenever a character outside of the typical meta starts getting results.

A lot of people think he's good, he's got a pretty low skill floor, and he has a pretty standard aesthetic that everyone already knows is popular (martial arts guy with fire attacks). Add those things together and you get a character that is fucking everywhere.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
I too only have one: How do they sleep at night. And that was before the patch too. And I'm sure they sleep like babies, because who would get tired or frustrated for only pressing one button all day? :DOGE
If seriously, Liu is fine and is one of the most well designed characters in the game. Now NRS should rise all other characters to his level.

Bsb

Noob
Playing against liu kang is like playing against a bot!you dont win or lose by a liu kang player you win or lose by a liu kang bot! Liu kang,geras and erron black(before pach)is a great example why the rest of the fighting scene they call mk11 a casuals fighting game because those characters are the most easy characters in all the new fighting games!personally I tried them once and I got disgusted of how easy and braindead they are to play so I stayed to me noob saibot and kotal and I am happy

DarkSado

Noob

there was a lot of lui kang in the last season before sonic fox tier list people just play him because his good and brain dead/

DeftMonk

Noob
DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT ANOTHER “I GET BODIED DAILY” POST

How do y’all feel progressing in Kombat League using Liu Kang? From my experience fighting you guys, you use the same string over and over again and then when that fails you resort to fireballs and throws. And when you tun across someone like my Kano, who cant be outzoned or out-thrown, you rage quit and/or disconnect? I would like some insight in the inner working of a liu kang scrub.....i mean main lol.

I mean, that string aside liu Kang has amazing tools... really complete character. Just think about on paper kb throws. Extremely useful kbs. Decent zoning. Range on flying kick super useful. Fb extremely easy to land. Good staggers. Godlike Oki.

PeNNyw1ZE_TDC

Master level Noob
He has no weaknesses and is strong in every aspect of the game. In every fighting game there is always one or two characters that the devs love more than any other.

CO-KANO

psn: UNFUCxWITABLE_1
I mean, that string aside liu Kang has amazing tools... really complete character. Just think about on paper kb throws. Extremely useful kbs. Decent zoning. Range on flying kick super useful. Fb extremely easy to land. Good staggers. Godlike Oki.
Now compare that to kano