What's new

Strategy A Discussion of Kenshi's Bad/Even/Advantage MU's.

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
Blackula I know how to deal with the teleport without meter but I was suggesting the ex RK just as a potentially viable option. (also I feel like that sentence sounded like I was trying to sound like an ass, I'm not but when I read it, it just sounds kinda mean but I'm not trying to be and yeah). Kenshi Lao is 6-4 Lao. Obs_SmSwag the only reason Pig or I didn't feel that way is because we didn't know the mu as well as we do now. Lao still has f3 and whiffed dive kicks to get in and there is no 100% way to get out of Laos teleport every time. He has a 50/50 with either delayed or instant 3 plus his other options when he teleports.
Hitbox? What hitbox? If you're unfortunate to avoid the teleport by walking it, that's what you have d+3 for. If he goes for instant 3, after d+3, you recover fast enough to punish the teleport before he lands. If you think he's going to do a delayed 3, you've got more time to punish it since he's waiting to attack. If you're unlucky enough and get hit by the instant 3 because you think he's going to do a delayed 3, then that's no biggie. He can't follow it up with a combo anyway. If he decides to go for the overhead, once again d+3 to avoid it. If he can't hit you and can't force you to block, this will be a challenge for Kung Lao.

Whiffed dive kicks gets him spirit charged right back to the end of the screen. After a while, you know Kung Lao is going to teleport and so you'll be ready for it.

My opinion remains 5-5. And maybe I'm saying 5-5 because I have so much experience in this matchup. The matchup isn't even hard anymore.

Hitbox? What hitbox? If you're unfortunate to avoid the teleport by walking it, that's what you have d+3 for. If he goes for instant 3, after d+3, you recover fast enough to punish the teleport before he lands. If you think he's going to do a delayed 3, you've got more time to punish it since he's waiting to attack. If you're unlucky enough and get hit by the instant 3 because you think he's going to do a delayed 3, then that's no biggie. He can't follow it up with a combo anyway. If he decides to go for the overhead, once again d+3 to avoid it. If he can't hit you and can't force you to block, this will be a challenge for Kung Lao.

Whiffed dive kicks gets him spirit charged right back to the end of the screen. After a while, you know Kung Lao is going to teleport and so you'll be ready for it.

My opinion remains 5-5. And maybe I'm saying 5-5 because I have so much experience in this matchup. The matchup isn't even hard anymore.

Play my Kung Lao and Raiden and I will change your mind about the match ups

Unfortunatly I am unable to go to any Tournaments outside of Utah....So we can play either play online for kicks and jiggles unless u come to utah

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
Unfortunatly I am unable to go to any Tournaments outside of Utah....So we can play either play online for kicks and jiggles unless u come to utah
I do not play this game online. I only play this game offline. However, EVO is right there in Las Vegas and you're pretty close to Las Vegas. You should try to make it to EVO. It's the only time I'm going to be on that side of the country this year.

I do not play this game online. I only play this game offline. However, EVO is right there in Las Vegas and you're pretty close to Las Vegas. You should try to make it to EVO. It's the only time I'm going to be on that side of the country this year.

How do you get practice then? I play offline as much as possible and thats maybe 2 times a week with konqrr and ermac2

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
How do you get practice then? I play offline as much as possible and thats maybe 2 times a week with konqrr and ermac2
Because I have people offline here. I'm in Virginia. We have a good number of players in VA, and we hold tournaments often. Also, Tom Brady comes down to my apartment and spends time there, and we practice heavily.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Just wondering if anyone has thought about whether or not this is practical. Using ex rising karma on reaction to a teleport from kung lao? Anybody feel like that may possibly work or am I retarded? I know that if he did an ex teleport and you do ex rk you're fucked and idk I'm just wondering if anyone thinks this is a decent idea or not. Under_The_Mayo Blackula

Also reo posted a video about Kenshi's reflect glitch when he reflects kabals iagb and kabal dashes up to him. I hate to be that guy that says I've known about this before but at SCR me and daddydab32ho were playing and we had this happen. In the video reo explains it in a way that makes it sound like this only affects kabal but from what I think I know the reflect has invincibility frames when it is recovering when you successfully reflect, which is why kabals dash stops or any other attack just doesn't hit Kenshi after a successful reflect. Everyone in here probably already knew that but whatever.

Lalalalalalala I don't think I have anything else worth adding.
D3 shoulder works against the teleport, and so does dash away RK.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
IDK about the KL Kenshi fight TBH.

Personally I think my style of Lao is what makes it difficult for Kenshi, since the key is making it hard for him to do shoulders.
But at the same time, Kenshi can force KL into doing spins.

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
Shoulder is not my main tool against Kung Lao. Spacing is my main tool. As long as Kenshi is in motion, Kung Lao can never teleport against him unless he decides to use EN teleport. Because if I'm in motion and you teleport, you've just allowed me to create my space to punish your teleport easily without having to worry about the attacks all together to punish you for 28%.

And from full screen, you can guarantee I will be doing lots of teleflurries and TK slashes. Throw a hat, I'll reflect it. Try to whiff a dive kick to get in, I will spirit charge you back to full screen.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Shoulder is not my main tool against Kung Lao. Spacing is my main tool. As long as Kenshi is in motion, Kung Lao can never teleport against him unless he decides to use EN teleport. Because if I'm in motion and you teleport, you've just allowed me to create my space to punish your teleport easily without having to worry about the attacks all together to punish you for 28%.

And from full screen, you can guarantee I will be doing lots of teleflurries and TK slashes. Throw a hat, I'll reflect it. Try to whiff a dive kick to get in, I will spirit charge you back to full screen.
Yeah but you dont need the teleport to beat Kenshi, bird Lao technique opens up teleports for free anyway. Kenshi MUST deal with the teleport, no matter how cautious of it he is.

Its the bird Lao technique that destroys Kenshi, teleports are just the icing.

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
Yeah but you dont need the teleport to beat Kenshi, bird Lao technique opens up teleports for free anyway. Kenshi MUST deal with the teleport, now matter how cautious of it he is.

Its the bird Lao technique that destroys Kenshi, teleports are just the icing.
Bird? Never heard that term before in reference to Lao.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Bird? Never heard that term before in reference to Lao.
No character can defend against it easily without meter (most cant even with meter), if it hits its 45% for a bar, its safe to do and repeat over n over again, and it can be mixed up with proper fundamental Kung Lao play, makes for 1 confusing retarded looking fight. But the Lao player will be the one in control.

No character can defend against it easily without meter (most cant even with meter), if it hits its 45% for a bar, its safe to do and repeat over n over again, and it can be mixed up with proper fundamental Kung Lao play, makes for 1 confusing retarded looking fight. But the Lao player will be the one in control.
Would you say maxter at operation wolf is a good interpretation of bird lao? Or is that PL style?

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Just wondering if anyone has thought about whether or not this is practical. Using ex rising karma on reaction to a teleport from kung lao? Anybody feel like that may possibly work or am I retarded? I know that if he did an ex teleport and you do ex rk you're fucked and idk I'm just wondering if anyone thinks this is a decent idea or not. Under_The_Mayo Blackula

Also reo posted a video about Kenshi's reflect glitch when he reflects kabals iagb and kabal dashes up to him. I hate to be that guy that says I've known about this before but at SCR me and daddydab32ho were playing and we had this happen. In the video reo explains it in a way that makes it sound like this only affects kabal but from what I think I know the reflect has invincibility frames when it is recovering when you successfully reflect, which is why kabals dash stops or any other attack just doesn't hit Kenshi after a successful reflect. Everyone in here probably already knew that but whatever.

Lalalalalalala I don't think I have anything else worth adding.
teleport goes right through the sweet spot of the ex rk so it wont even hit him.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Yeah, its the combination of his tools with the right style of play to use those tools to exploit kenshi`s weaknesses. Not every lao can do it. They don`t all have the spirit.

Lulzlou

Noob
The 2ndc is NOT an infinite on crouch block. Kabal players have to do a 1-3 frames off (not sure the amount) to make the 2ndc hit repeatedly on block. If its done on frame then the 2ndc will whiff. Even if the 2ndc isn't on frame you can neutral duck it since you are in a crouch blocking.

This is why 2ndc is a problem for high hitbox characters. I can follow up with anything else and it will blow you up for letting go of block at the wrong time. You need to adapt to how the kabal player is using 2ndc. If he is using repeated 2ndc then you can usually blow him up for it. The more mix ups the kabal player does, the more problem kenshi has. Kenshi can actually d3 after a crouch blocked 2ndc but its really risky.

Braindead zoning will not work against kenshi unless kabal has a serious life lead. He can reflect and kabal can't do anything about it besides avoid it or ND forward and canceling it before it gets in the range of the glitch. Expect a lot of saws from full screen from a kabal. Getting knocked down by a saw is a big issue because the kabal player can either bait wake ups, dash forward for pressure (if you aren't waking up), throwing more saws or iagb to build some meter.

I still think its Kabal's favor but its no where near 7-3.

Death

Noob
The myth mus: kenshi beats noob, raiden, scorpion. Not 5-5s. He also doesn't lose to reptile, cyrax, smoke. Those are even. I can even see foxy being right about kenshi beating reptile. Cyrax will be even but he's fucked up too. Skarlet doesn't best kenshi either. Kenshi beats Sonya, Shang, a few others worse than 6-4.

Only loses to kabal and KL slightly. Freddy who knows. If Dave says 5-5 than I believe him.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I feel the Scorpion vs Kenshi match is pretty even. If you play a smart scorpion and take more of a meter building approach in the vortex instead of trying for a 50/50 you can really do good damage with little risk. Scorpions throw works really well against kenshi and you should probably use it every chance you get so that he has to play the hellfire game. Kenshi's large crouching hitbox also helps scorpion in certain situations.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
The myth mus: kenshi beats noob, raiden, scorpion. Not 5-5s. He also doesn't lose to reptile, cyrax, smoke. Those are even. I can even see foxy being right about kenshi beating reptile. Cyrax will be even but he's fucked up too. Skarlet doesn't best kenshi either. Kenshi beats Sonya, Shang, a few others worse than 6-4.

Only loses to kabal and KL slightly. Freddy who knows. If Dave says 5-5 than I believe him.
Midscreen Kenshi cant do shit to Kabal, but in the corner its totally 1 sided.