What's new

4th Kombat Kast info!

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
I don't know, though. I feel like NRS has done a pretty good job of bringing previously unplayable and OP boss characters into the realm of the normal fighters; For example, Goro was menacing in MKX, but no tougher than many of the other characters in the game. He had the same health and hit the floor just like everyone else. No super punch normals, no OP fireballs, etc. ^^
Don't get me wrong, I'm still hype for Shao Kahn, but not as much as the other characters, well Jax and Cassie are both less hype to me than Shao Kahn, and if Shinnok is in, my hype for Shinnok is also less than for Shao Kahn.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I don't know, though. I feel like NRS has done a pretty good job of bringing previously unplayable and OP boss characters into the realm of the normal fighters; For example, Goro was menacing in MKX, but no tougher than many of the other characters in the game. He had the same health and hit the floor just like everyone else. No super punch normals, no OP fireballs, etc. ^^
If Shao Kahn in MK11 isn't the most OP character in fighting game history, I'll be returning the game.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
I think Cassie, D'vorah, Kung Lao, Liu Kang and any other character in the trailer make little chance, they say a reveal, not a character shown before :-p

We are for sure getting Kano gameplay not much hype

PLEASE SHOW US ONE STAGE FATALITY THEN TELL US THERE ARE ______MORE(don't show us any more)
Show us one Fatality and One Brutality per Kharacter(don't show us any more)

Level of HYPE
Shao Kahn, Shang Tsung, Noob, Kitana, Kollector, Cetrion, Shinook, Mileena lots of HYPE!!!!
Cassie Frost, Erron Black, Kotal Kahn Hyped
Jax, Jacqui, D'Vorah, Kano No hype

trufenix

bye felicia
While I agree with you, they did refer to the Cage cast as a "character reveal" as well, despite it being a breakdown of a character revealed by IGN. So these terms are a little iffy.
There's been no word of this reveal being another collab, no talk of special guests or anything, so this will be an inhouse reveal and thus far none of them have been done before the kast.

Judging by who they discuss freely it won't be Kronika, D'Vorah, Liu Kang, Kung Lao, or Kano. Could be Kitana or Cassie, or any of the other leaked characters, including the still steam leaked exclusive ones.

Gamer68

Fujin!
In the other thread I mentioned how NRS would probably just pretend the leak didn't happen and will continue with one character each Kombat Kast, and that this stream would be just Kano as expected.

Seeing as that isn't the case anymore and we are getting a second character, most likely in response to the leaks and criticisms of past streams, I have to say that this is a really good move from NRS and I'm really excited about it. If it works out, I hope they keep this format.

If they do a Kombat Kast every week, including this week, they can realistically only do 7 more Kombat Kasts. If they would only show one character, obviously that means only 7 characters could be shown from now to release on stream. But with double characters, they could show 14 which should allow them to show all remaining characters on stream, right?

Even if this is only a one-time thing, it's still really cool.

Certainly, but I don't think there's any 'criteria' for this.
I don't know about that. The ones who have some kind of association with each other probably have the most interesting intro dialogues and they may want to showcase those as opposed to just random overstock phrases between two characters who don't know each other.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Cassie would have the most relevant association to Kano from a story perspective if that's the criteria they're going off of.
Certainly, but I don't think there's any 'criteria' for this.
I don't know about that. The ones who have some kind of association with each other probably have the most interesting intro dialogues and they may want to showcase those as opposed to just random overstock phrases between two characters who don't know each other.
I don't think there's any criteria. During MKX, they had double character streams like Mileena and Takeda, or Kitana and Reptile. Those characters don't really have anything to do with each other. With that being said, Cassie Cage has a good chance of being shown. I think it will be Kano + a character that has already been revealed, so:
  • D'Vorah
  • Cassie Cage
  • Kung Lao
  • Liu Kang
  • Kitana
I think these characters are the most likely.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
I don't think there's any criteria. During MKX, they had double character streams like Mileena and Takeda, or Kitana and Reptile. Those characters don't really have anything to do with each other. With that being said, Cassie Cage has a good chance of being shown. I think it will be Kano + a character that has already been revealed, so:
  • D'Vorah
  • Cassie Cage
  • Kung Lao
  • Liu Kang
  • Kitana
I think these characters are the most likely.
I'd die for some Liu Kang or Kitana gameplay O.O