What's new

25 full roster with the added TYM most voted returning characters

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
Drop awesomenesses like Havik and Sareena for a cyborg who has been playable in both MK9 and MKX, while Havik and Sareena haven't been playable since MKA?

Why do you think like this? It makes me so sad and angry at the same time. Just let other characters shine for a change
Nah I'm with Dankster on this one. As to why? Because they're cooler characters imo. Havik is a mess to look at and Sareena bores me to tears. There are so many characters I'd rather have than those two.

Shawn Hemmeric said in an interview that Shao Kahn is not one of the 25 and he is not one of the 6 DLC I would add a box for him by Geras and also add a Random Select

mattteo

Noob
Nah I'm with Dankster on this one. As to why? Because they're cooler characters imo. Havik is a mess to look at and Sareena bores me to tears. There are so many characters I'd rather have than those two.

So Sareena bores you? Why not exclude Nightwolf of all characters there? Isn't Nightwolf the most boring? Or Goro?

Surely they must bore you more than Havik.

Actually, I'm surprised that people even voted for Nightwolf and Goro to be in the top 26 characters, but they have like 15 votes, so if the OP claims that's a relevant target to make an "Official TYM most voted roster for MK!" that will keep being updated with every reveal, then crap......I don't know what a relevant poll audience is.

15 votes is nothing. An option must have hundreds of votes in a poll to be taken into consideration. I didn't know about this poll. I didn't vote in it. And I think I'm not the only one. Was it promoted somewhere else where the friends of the OP didn;t share the same opinions as him? (like on gamefaqs, reddit, mko, the Netherkast community etc)

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
So Sareena bores you? Why not exclude Nightwolf of all characters there? Isn't Nightwolf the most boring? Or Goro?

Actually, I'm surprised that people even voted for Nightwolf and Goro to be in the top 26 characters, but they have like 15 votes, so if the OP claims that's a relevant target to make an "Official TYM most voted roster for MK!" that will keep being updated with every reveal, then crap......I don't know what a relevant poll audience is.

15 votes is nothing. An option must have hundreds of votes in a poll to be taken into consideration. I didn't know about this poll. I didn't vote in it. And I think I'm not the only one. Was it promoted somewhere else where the friends of the OP didn;t share the same opinions as him? (like on gamefaqs, reddit, mko, the Netherkast community etc)
Lol triggered

mattteo

Noob
Even if you got ten thousand votes for this type of poll acting as if Goro wouldn't trounce Sareena and Havik free in a popularity contest is big boy funny.

Goro would not trounce Havik. My opinion, hate me for it or love me the way I am :D

And maybe he would get more votes if the poll really expanded on thousands just because casuals don't know who Havik is. If NRS were to make 2 more games and put Havik in them so that Havik and Goro will be in the same number of MK games from the start, who would trounce who?

That's the thing with the 3D characters. You all say they are much below originals in polls, but how would they not be if they are not in the games?

The minute they are put in the game all that changes and they rise up exponentially. Where was Tanya 5-6 years ago? Nowhere near the popularity she has today. She exploded after being put into MKX.

Where was Reiko? A no-name. Now half the MK fanbase wants him just because he appeared in the comic. Imagine how big a fanbase he'd have if he were made playable.

Seriously, just search the 10 year-old polls and see where Reiko and Tanya were. Reiko was bottom 10. This is what happens when NRS just takes these charaaters and works with them. And sorry, I am not trying to offend here, I really am not, but there's not much left to work with Sonya or Goro or Kano.

Every 3D character would rocket in those polls if they were made playable.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
The reason that most of these post MK3 characters in general don't make it into these games is because people don't like them . Quan Chi and Kenshi are basically the only ones that have risen out of mediocrity. These 3D characters are mostly buns and don't have a lot of room to grow. If they were to come back, they would have to be completely overhauled to make cool (like Tremor), so in theory it would work. But at that point is it really still them? Conceptually these characters are fine but they would need some serious work done on them.

Lokheit

Noob
I think the Sareena we want and the Sareena that some consider boring are different.

Sareena as a playable character never saw its full potential. When they released a bunch of Bios before MK Armageddon, Sareena's where she defeats Noob and Smoke to save Sub-Zero (just at the point whete Noob/Smoke ending in MKD takes place) but loses control and shows her netherealm form, was one of the coolest, but we never saw her using those abilities in game.

I like the character a lot for her relationship with Kuai Liang from DA to MKA where they bond after he gives her refuge as she had helped his brother, I also like her design and I'd like to see her finally having a gameplay that uses her abilities.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
I see literally zero chance for Havik, Fujin and Sareena type of 3D era characters, i hope i am wrong btw..

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Goro would not trounce Havik. My opinion, hate me for it or love me the way I am :D
That's not really an opinion, and more of a desperation. There's no poll that Havik defeats Goro in unless the poll is "Who would you rather not see in MK11?". However you seem to realize this later in your post.

And maybe he would get more votes if the poll really expanded on thousands just because casuals don't know who Havik is. If NRS were to make 2 more games and put Havik in them so that Havik and Goro will be in the same number of MK games from the start, who would trounce who?

That's the thing with the 3D characters. You all say they are much below originals in polls, but how would they not be if they are not in the games?

The minute they are put in the game all that changes and they rise up exponentially. Where was Tanya 5-6 years ago? Nowhere near the popularity she has today. She exploded after being put into MKX.

Where was Reiko? A no-name. Now half the MK fanbase wants him just because he appeared in the comic. Imagine how big a fanbase he'd have if he were made playable.

Seriously, just search the 10 year-old polls and see where Reiko and Tanya were. Reiko was bottom 10. This is what happens when NRS just takes these charaaters and works with them. And sorry, I am not trying to offend here, I really am not, but there's not much left to work with Sonya or Goro or Kano.

Every 3D character would rocket in those polls if they were made playable.
As for the rest of your post, you're basing it on a false premise that you know Havik would be more popular with more appearances. While not taking into account the opposite, that an unpopular character with more appearances would make them more unpopular. Characters like Tanya and Bo Rai Cho were actually desired by the fanbase to return, and did so in MKX as dlc. Havik never sniffed as much appeal, and still doesn't. It's a night/day comparison.

Think about games like SC5, and many others who removed fan favorites on the roster, "Sonya or Goro or Kano" as you put it, and replaced them with Havik type of characters and new characters. Then think about the mainstream reaction to those rosters, in which today are still considered the worst rosters in the franchise and ultimately a down game. Hell the MKX roster got a lot of heat for leaving out fan favorites for the Kombat Kids. Or better yet, look at the buzz that a playable Shao Kahn has given NRS. The characters you mentioned are a few characters who are considered "a part" of the franchise itself. That type of value is irreplaceable, let alone for a "Havik".

Most importantly of all though, all technical lingo aside, Havik is garbo AF.

mattteo

Noob
That's not really an opinion, and more of a desperation. There's no poll that Havik defeats Goro in unless the poll is "Who would you rather not see in MK11?"

I found 2 polls of MK charcaters in the last year that have more than thousands of votes. Feel free to search for others, but I don't think you will find any.

In both of them Havik got more votes than Goro :D . I would really appreciate if you bought me a friendly beer over this, like between friends:

https://strawpoll.com/bxhay15y

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfBXvHcB-fSLuH4Mnj0GUwc3aOftT0pdeDFoVebLY5MYi5kjQ/viewanalytics (put the mouse arrow on the name just below Goro even though it doesn't show, it's Havik)

Not that it means much, but it's much more relevant than a poll with 15 votes for Goro. And it's about a character who was playable in the game and one who most casuals don't know and Havik still came ahead.

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I found 2 polls of MK charcaters in the last year that have more than thousands of votes. Feel free to search for others, but I don't think you will find any.

In both of them Havik got more votes than Goro :D . I would really appreciate if you bought me a friendly beer over this:

https://strawpoll.com/bxhay15y

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfBXvHcB-fSLuH4Mnj0GUwc3aOftT0pdeDFoVebLY5MYi5kjQ/viewanalytics (put the mouse arrow on the name just below Goro even though it doesn't show, it's Havik)

Not that it means much, but it's much more relevant than a poll with 15 votes for Goro. And it's about a character who was playable in the game and one who most casuals don't know and Havik still came ahead.
I don't know your competitive plans, but I would buy you 2 beers if you meet me at a tourney bro lol.

Do you know where that was shared? Gotta admit those results are incredibly surprising given that most people hype for mk don't even know who Havik is. A place like this would vote Bo Rai Cho over some casual fan favorites, but I couldn't picture say, reddit doing it. I feel ya on wanting a few new/different characters though.

Myself personally, I am hoping for more "new" characters like Geras than rehash ones. The Tanya n Bo for MKX was a bit meh for me. Where I felt Scarlett in MK9 was huge.

mattteo

Noob
In fact, from the above polls, the top 26 should look more like this:
From the first one:

1.Noob Saibot
2.Smoke
3.Sub-Zero
4.Rain
5.Ermac
6.Jade
7.Reptile
8.FUJIN in 8th place
9.KItana
10.Mileena
11.Shang Tsung
12.Baraka
13.Liu Kang
14.Kabal
15.Erron Black
16.Cyrax
17.Kenshi- anther 3D character
18.Nightwolf
19.Kung Lao
20.Kotal Kahn
21.Takeda
22.Cassie
23.Johnny
24.Havik- 3D character
25.Sektor
26.Tanya- 3D character
with Frost missing out with 83 votes instead of 84, Skarlet with 81 just after that.
Sonya with just 75, Kano, Goror and Jax even lower with just 60 something.

And in the second one:

1.Sub-Zero
2.Scorpion
3.Noob Saibot
4.Raiden
5.Kitana
6.Liu Kang
7.Jade
8.FUJIN- 71,6%- 1259 votes!
9.Ermac
10.Shang Tsung
11.Smoke
12.KENSHI
13.Rain
14.Reptile
15.Johnny Cage
16.Kung Lao
17.Erron Black
18.Kotal Kahn
19.Nightwolf
20.Mileena
21.FROST
22.Kabal
23.Cassie
24.HAVIK
25.Cyrax
26.D'vorah
with Takeda, Sindel, Baraka and TANYA narrowly missing out.

Only afterwards come Sonya, Jax, Kano.

So why do we keep getting the same charcaters by NRS?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
In fact, from the above polls, the top 26 should look more like this:
From the first one:

1.Noob Saibot
2.Smoke
3.Sub-Zero
4.Rain
5.Ermac
6.Jade
7.Reptile
8.FUJIN in 8th place
9.KItana
10.Mileena
11.Shang Tsung
12.Baraka
13.Liu Kang
14.Kabal
15.Erron Black
16.Cyrax
17.Kenshi- anther 3D character
18.Nightwolf
19.Kung Lao
20.Kotal Kahn
21.Takeda
22.Cassie
23.Johnny
24.Havik- 3D character
25.Sektor
26.Tanya- 3D character
with Frost missing out with 83 votes instead of 84, Skarlet with 81 just after that.
Sonya with just 75, Kano, Goror and Jax even lower with just 60 something.

And in the second one:

1.Sub-Zero
2.Scorpion
3.Noob Saibot
4.Raiden
5.Kitana
6.Liu Kang
7.Jade
8.FUJIN- 71,6%- 1259 votes!
9.Ermac
10.Shang Tsung
11.Smoke
12.KENSHI
13.Rain
14.Reptile
15.Johnny Cage
16.Kung Lao
17.Erron Black
18.Kotal Kahn
19.Nightwolf
20.Mileena
21.FROST
22.Kabal
23.Cassie
24.HAVIK
25.Cyrax
26.D'vorah
with Takeda, Sindel, Baraka and TANYA narrowly missing out.

Only afterwards come Sonya, Jax, Kano.

So why do we keep getting the same charcaters by NRS?
Damn bro, I was trying to give you the win but you made me do it. Popularity level-

#18 Sonya
#17 Goro
#13 Johnny
# Havik?

http://www.dorkly.com/post/57393/toplist-results-the-20-greatest-mortal-kombat-kharacters-of-all-time

Not a couple hundred, or thousand, but 900,000 votes (as in almost one million votes). Small sample sizes are meaningless, that you were right about.

Top Ten has votes of mass volume as well, where Johnny is #6 and Sonya is #9, and Goro is #18.

https://www.thetoptens.com/mortal-kombat-characters/

Ranker has over 163,300 votes. Johnny is #11, Sonya #15, Goro #17. Havik?? #52.

https://m.ranker.com/list/all-mortal-kombat-characters-list-of-mk-characters/video-game-info

Puts a little perspective on display eh?

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.

You are adorable.

I didn't vote in any poll, but I'd rather have Nightwolf, Goro (or even Kintaro), cyborgs, Kotal Kahn, Reptile, Jax, and Kenshi than Sareena and Havik. I also don't like Jade, Kitana, and Mileena very much. I'd prefer Sindel and Dvorah for female characters. It's ok that we differ in opinions.