What's new

25 full roster with the added TYM most voted returning characters

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
I mean, if this turned out to be even close to the actual roster, I'd be more than happy with it. With 11 of my favorite characters represented (Scorpion, Skarlet, Sub-Zero, Jade, Sonya, Liu Kang, Shao Kahn, Mileena, Kitana, Noob Saibot, and Shang Tsung), a full 44% of the roster is to my liking (not counting DLC).

Also, 1st ever post, woo!

stokedAF

casual kahnage
That makes sense from gameplay and story perspectives, but we really need strong female characters, I whished the first female boss in MK history would be playable ><

If that was to make her unplayable, they should not have bothered making Geras in the first place...
But they probably want her godlike statut to be reflected in her gameplay.
I see your point, Geras being playable makes me think he’s the time guy that can be used in tournaments and stuff. And Kronika will be stupidly unbalanced. Usually the bosses in Mk end up being playable the next game. Besides Shinnok but we never could play “corrupter Shinnok” because he was broken cheese. That’s what Kronika sounds like to me, OP elder god.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
strong raise my friend.
as i said, any confirmed character reduces the tym top 10 to - character revealed not on the list.
any charater confirmed that is from top 10, nulifies it from top 10 and adds the next one in line.

so this one having the kombat kids playable is a strong raise, though the odds don't look so good for jacky, if Jax retires she is very likely to take his place.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
This roster is so cool. But I agree, a cyborg would be cool. Maybe drop Millena for Cyrax or Sektor? Kronika is also missing, and I hope she is playable, but I doubt it.

I doubt the final roster looks anything like this though.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
I'm actually somewhat thinking that Jacqui may be out, based on Sonya's dual machine gun fatality. It's just a fatality, yes, but it seems like it would be odd if Jacqui were in the game and wasn't sporting her arm-guns.

I could always be wrong.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
This roster is so cool. But I agree, a cyborg would be cool. Maybe drop Millena for Cyrax or Sektor? Kronika is also missing, and I hope she is playable, but I doubt it.

I doubt the final roster looks anything like this though.
We'll see by the reveal how many of TYM's 60 roster will be in.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
I'm actually somewhat thinking that Jacqui may be out, based on Sonya's dual machine gun fatality. It's just a fatality, yes, but it seems like it would be odd if Jacqui were in the game and wasn't sporting her arm-guns.

I could always be wrong.
Double machine gun fatality? I only ever saw the helicopter one and I've combed through tens of hours of reveal content.
You have a link to it?
Please and thank you.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
Oh, that's the fatality I'm referring to (the helicopter one), where Sonya kicks the opponent in the air and keeps them aloft via two wrist machine guns.

I apologize for the confusion.
No apology necessary dude. For some reason the standout thing there to me is the helicopter. I completely forgot she had Jacqui and Deadshot's MGs lol.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
I don’t think kronika will be playable. I heard a dev talking about Geras and how his time moves are what makes him unique. Kronika is supposedly the boss of bosses and probably broken and cheesed up like every other boss. That’s why I’m hyped to see Shao Kahn as a fully fleshed out character. Shit talk buffs lol.
I mean, both Shinnok and Brainiac BOTH were broken and cheesed in their story modes, but they were still playable. I just don't think they'd hype it up as much as they are only for her to not be playable.

They also confirmed that there is going to be an unlockable character(s?) for the story. MKX, you unlocked Shinnok. Injustice 2, you unlocked Brainiac. It'd only make sense to be able to unlock Kronika at the end.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
I mean, both Shinnok and Brainiac BOTH were broken and cheesed in their story modes, but they were still playable. I just don't think they'd hype it up as much as they are only for her to not be playable.

They also confirmed that there is going to be an unlockable character(s?) for the story. MKX, you unlocked Shinnok. Injustice 2, you unlocked Brainiac. It'd only make sense to be able to unlock Kronika at the end.
I think @stokedAF brings up a valid point, though, when it comes to overlap between Geras and Kronika. Wouldn't it kind of take away from Geras' schtick if Kronika was also a playable 'Time-based' character? I mean, yes, it's possible to have overlap between characters in the same game and still have differentiation (Frost and Subby in MKDA, Kenshi and Ermac in MKD, etc), but I don't know...I feel like since MK 11 is introducing fewer new characters than MKX did, NRS won't take up a precious slot to insert a new character that's very similar to another new character, power-wise.

xXRagingFlameXx

I think @stokedAF brings up a valid point, though, when it comes to overlap between Geras and Kronika. Wouldn't it kind of take away from Geras' schtick if Kronika was also a playable 'Time-based' character? I mean, yes, it's possible to have overlap between characters in the same game and still have differentiation (Frost and Subby in MKDA, Kenshi and Ermac in MKD, etc), but I don't know...I feel like since MK 11 is introducing fewer new characters than MKX did, NRS won't take up a precious slot to insert a new character that's very similar to another new character, power-wise.
That's true. But, I feel like NRS are clever enough to take those two characters with similar concepts and make them unique in their own way. Geras is a grappler and a lot of his moves revolve around the sands of time. I feel like Kronika could just do something different. I mainly just want some more ladies on the roster lol and Kronika seems like a dope character who could have some sick customization options.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
That's true. But, I feel like NRS are clever enough to take those two characters with similar concepts and make them unique in their own way. Geras is a grappler and a lot of his moves revolve around the sands of time. I feel like Kronika could just do something different. I mainly just want some more ladies on the roster lol and Kronika seems like a dope character who could have some sick customization options.
I wholeheartedly support more badass ladies in MK ^^

And true, NRS is likely up to the task of making even similar characters seem unique. Time will tell, I guess. I initially thought Kronika would be a shoe-in, but I'm leaning against it now.

Maybe we'll get a cool new female fighter regardless. :)

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
strong raise my friend.
as i said, any confirmed character reduces the tym top 10 to - character revealed not on the list.
any charater confirmed that is from top 10, nulifies it from top 10 and adds the next one in line.

so this one having the kombat kids playable is a strong raise, though the odds don't look so good for jacky, if Jax retires she is very likely to take his place.
That's a very good point! My thought was if all the parents return, then their kids will do. It would make sense that Jax wouldn't return, or perhaps in a DLC.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Drop awesomenesses like Havik and Sareena for a cyborg who has been playable in both MK9 and MKX, while Havik and Sareena haven't been playable since MKA?

Why do you think like this? It makes me so sad and angry at the same time. Just let other characters shine for a change
Be angry if you want it’s just my opinion. Wanting characters I like over ones I don’t care about seems pretty normal, you’re welcome to like whoever you want.

xXRagingFlameXx

I wholeheartedly support more badass ladies in MK ^^

And true, NRS is likely up to the task of making even similar characters seem unique. Time will tell, I guess. I initially thought Kronika would be a shoe-in, but I'm leaning against it now.

Maybe we'll get a cool new female fighter regardless. :)
Hopefully!

MKX had 6 female characters in the base game. Then Tanya was DLC.

Injustice 2 had 7 in the base game. Then Starfire and Enchantress were DLC.

I can hope that we'll have 8 in the base game for MK11 and then have 2 more as DLC.

If I had to pick 8 female kombatants for the base game, I'd pick: Sonya, Skarlet, Cassie, Kitana, Kronika, Jade, Sheeva, and Sindel. (If Mileena were to make it in, then she can take Sheeva's spot.)

Then, I can see them having a female guest character for DLC. Maybe Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Then they could have Sareena as DLC. Who knows? I'm excited to see what kind of customization options they all have. I was one of the people campaigning for them to give females alternate hairstyles in Injustice 2 and it seems like they're doing that here. (Sonya has alternate hair options and Skarlet has a Kold War skin that gives her longer red hair, at least as kinda bangs on the sides. Might be good news to those who want Skarlet to have skins that give her long hair. I just want Jade with a long braid tbh.)

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
Hopefully!

MKX had 6 female characters in the base game. Then Tanya was DLC.

Injustice 2 had 7 in the base game. Then Starfire and Enchantress were DLC.

I can hope that we'll have 8 in the base game for MK11 and then have 2 more as DLC.

If I had to pick 8 female kombatants for the base game, I'd pick: Sonya, Skarlet, Cassie, Kitana, Kronika, Jade, Sheeva, and Sindel. (If Mileena were to make it in, then she can take Sheeva's spot.)

Then, I can see them having a female guest character for DLC. Maybe Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Then they could have Sareena as DLC. Who knows? I'm excited to see what kind of customization options they all have. I was one of the people campaigning for them to give females alternate hairstyles in Injustice 2 and it seems like they're doing that here. (Sonya has alternate hair options and Skarlet has a Kold War skin that gives her longer red hair, at least as kinda bangs on the sides. Might be good news to those who want Skarlet to have skins that give her long hair. I just want Jade with a long braid tbh.)
You know, I would love to see Sheeva represented again. I'm not a massive fan of her's, but I'm sure she has fans out there and I think NRS could give her a cool, updated design. :D

As long as Jade makes it in, I'll be happy. Everything else will just be gravy lol

Going to one more time remind people in those 25 slots... There's still 2-3 more new characters. Kronika will probably be playable after defeating her, she wont take up the 25th spot hopefully.

xXRagingFlameXx

You know, I would love to see Sheeva represented again. I'm not a massive fan of her's, but I'm sure she has fans out there and I think NRS could give her a cool, updated design. :D

As long as Jade makes it in, I'll be happy. Everything else will just be gravy lol
Sheeva deserves a second chance I feel. There are so few monstrous female characters and Sheeva got shafted in MK9 cause she was 10% monster, 90% sex appeal. I want her to look like a terrifying warrior as she should.

xXRagingFlameXx

Going to one more time remind people in those 25 slots... There's still 2-3 more new characters. Kronika will probably be playable after defeating her, she wont take up the 25th spot hopefully.
If Kronika's playable then one of those slots is for her. They didn't add a special slot for Shinnok or Brainiac. They were on the selection screen.