What's new

2018 FIFA World Cup Thread

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
England couldn't do it with the golden generation but they're now having a real push with fucking Henderson and Maguire. Unreal.

Braindead

Yeah they still have their 2 biggest, gigantic tests coming up in Croatia and Belgium/France.

They already lost to Belgium but that was a sandbagging fest of a match so..

Braindead

I'm happy for Southgate and Stevie Holland. Even if they don't beat Croatia, semi-finals with such a young squad is still a great achievement IMO.

kcd117

Noob
Damn I really can't believe England made this far with this squad.
Pickford was the man of this match imo, that dude is really talented.

Braindead

Looks like Pickford just knocked Courtois' ego down a few inches :coffee:
Shut your whore mouth.

Ok not really. Also Tibo clarified last night after his match that he never mocked Pickford's height, said he's a great goalkeeper.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Shut your whore mouth.

Ok not really. Also Tibo clarified last night after his match that he never mocked Pickford's height, said he's a great goalkeeper.
Lol I figured it was probably just Chinese whispers from the English media, couldn't resist the dig though :p

England couldn't do it with the golden generation but they're now having a real push with fucking Henderson and Maguire. Unreal.
To be fair, the problem with the 'golden generation' narrative was that squad was always looked at in a bubble and assumed every other team were inanimate planks of wood. I don't understand how we were scrutinised for losing to Brazil and Portugal teams that were far superior to their current incarnations.

There was also an obvious element of the English FA sticking their noses in and getting the biggest yes men selected for the team. Walcott was in that squad over Defoe despite him not playing a single EPL game at the time NotLikeThis

My only regret about that team however is I wish we were playing 3-5-2 then instead of now...

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
One more thing guys, Croatia aren't through... yet. And given the circumstances, I think I'd rather have them over Russia. It's not always about who has the most 'known' players. (ask Egypt)

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
I forgot to say in my previous post... I think the biggest tragic-man for Brazil was Coutinho. He really messed up some pretty good chances, his finishes were terrible.

oh and btw i might be rooting for england or belgium. Even though the english would be the cockiest and mean people in the football world for the next four years. but i feel their history.