What's new

2018 FIFA World Cup Thread

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Happy for Pickford. I like him a lot. He shipped a ton of goals with Everton this season but it was due to their terrible defense. He still made a ton of saves. Would've shipped even double the amount of goals if it weren't for him.

I'm very happy he got picked (no pun intended) over Butland and Hart

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Happy for Pickford. I like him a lot. He shipped a ton of goals with Everton this season but it was due to their terrible defense. He still made a ton of saves. Would've shipped even double the amount of goals if it weren't for him.

I'm very happy he got picked (no pun intended) over Butland and Hart
You mean Pope instead of Hart lol.

But I agree, Pickford has just been in rubbish defences. First Sunderland, now Everton but had a good showing today after the criticism he took for Belgium

vapid

cyber warlord
I like Pickford, he seems like a good lad and he's a decent keeper. His save earlier (the one just before the equalizer) was superb.

I am so happy that England are through, if only because I'd have been legit pissed off if Colombia (of all teams) had managed a win in the way that they did. They seriously deserve to go home -- they're worse than Panama in terms of their MMA shit.

Saturday is going to be magic; Sweden are such a great team to watch, fantastic defensive play but somewhat lacking up-front. The dynamic between them and England will be be very interesting. Obviously it'd be great if England made a WC semi-final, but I'd be happy for either team to win that game. I really don't think there are many teams that'd deserve to progress more than Sweden.

vapid

cyber warlord
Also, does anyone really want Brazil to win another WC? (No offence to any Brazilians here)

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
I'm dreaming of Uruguay-Croatia final. Two countries whose combined population is under 10M.

Braindead

All the it's coming home memes on twitter are getting out of control and it's hilarious

vapid

cyber warlord
I do (offense taken)
Me too. (Offense taken, duly blocked and immediately reported to the TYM authorities)

(lol j/k)
I understand that 7-1 rout by Germany was shameful, but it's time to give someone else a shot at the trophy. ;)

Mind you, I absolutely do want Brazil to beat Belgium. I would rather face this Brazil squad than this Belgium squad again.

Braindead

WE'RE BACK BOYS

A couple of top tier matches today.

I still don't know what to do about Brazil vs Belgium. They should've met in the finals :(

Braindead

France look dangerous. Mbappe is trying just a bit too hard but they look they're about to break through any minute.

Braindead

I'm liking France a lot in this tournament. Such a great squad. Tons of talent...

... and Kante.

Kryegasm

Braindead

Great opener. Uruguay are going to have to ditch their extremely defensive gameplan now which is gonna be a problem for them.