What's new

2018 FIFA World Cup Thread

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Good shit France. Can't decide if the Uruguay GK should've done better for the 2nd goal. There was a big sudden swerve on the ball's trajectory which decieved him.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
In fairness I think Brazil were unlucky with the own goal and have created decent chances, but dear God their end product has been so wasteful.

What's Tite's grudge against starting Firmino FFS?

No arguing against De Bruyne's goal though, Brazil got sliced wide open there.

Braindead

Ah well. One of them had to be knocked out tonight :(

It's Belgium's time now. This is their chance. Hazard will be a bit too old in 2022, so they HAVE to win it this year. I REALLY REALLY REALLY want them to win it.

vapid

cyber warlord
Wow, what a game! I was really rooting for Brazil in the second half; they came back strong and I really thought they'd manage an equalizer, but overall they were just too sluggish and uninspired. A well-deserved win by Belgium, who look like the best team in the tournament. France-Belgium is going to be a very interesting game, and will likely be a bigger challenge than the final.

I wanted Brazil to win because I know Belgium are really good, but Neymar's antics are just so childish and theatrical that I'm happy either way. :D

Braindead

I think the penalty was ruled out because the ball was already out or almost out/no salvaging it.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
I think the penalty was ruled out because the ball was already out or almost out/no salvaging it.
If the ball was out then sure, but contact was made before the ball went out. If so many pens are given because people just nick the ball ahead of a player/keeper when they have no chance of getting it then this should be given as well. I wish there was conisitency for rules in football.

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
GG Belgium.

Tite is a great coach: won libertadores (most important tournament in latin America) and club world cup (Corinthians vs Chelsea) and now in Brazil this is his first and only defeat... I think he should stay for 4 more years.

But there were some bad decisions from him... Firmino is way better than Gabriel Jesus... Douglas Costa is way better than William..

Enviado de meu Moto G (4) usando Tapatalk

kcd117

Noob
We're out once again but this time playing some respectable football. I'm sad but also very excited for Brazil's "next gen" in 2022, I hope Tite stays and I'm confident he can do some serious improvement in the next 4 years.

Now I just want a new champ, Belgium x Croatia/Sweden would be a great final.