What's new

2018 FIFA World Cup Thread

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
They just get the job done. Neymar and Willian are much better this match than the previous ones, so hopefully they'll be even better in the next one.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
It is easy to forget that Neymar was injured from Feb up until warm up matches for the WC. So makes sense he is improving as the tournament goes on

Braindead

On the other hand...
LET'S GO BELGIUM

For the record, we haven't discussed much which teams we're rooting for. So mine are:
Mains: Brazil, Belgium
Secondaries (I just want to see them do well): Iceland, Egypt.
Brazil vs Belgium is next. Fuck.

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
My holidays are over, today was my first day back at work and I missed both games. :-(

I read Japan was 2-0 up, but lost 2-3 in the end. That's so cruel, damn.

I also realized today that I'll miss the Uruguay vs France match, and I really wanted to watch that one. Ugh!

vapid

cyber warlord
I was hoping for Japan to win, and I'd have been happy with them winning the cup -- I think it'd be cool to have an Asian team take it for once.

I'm not a huge fan of Brazil but I hope they beat Belgium.

Sweden-Switzerland and England-Colombia today. Go Sweden!

Braindead

I was hoping for Japan to win, and I'd have been happy with them winning the cup -- I think it'd be cool to have an Asian team take it for once.

I'm not a huge fan of Brazil but I hope they beat Belgium.

Sweden-Switzerland and England-Colombia today. Go Sweden!
I still don't know who I want to win out of Brazil vs Belgium :(

But at least one of my teams is guaranteed to be in the semi-finals. Could've been worse :/

vapid

cyber warlord
Superb interlocking defensive strategy by Sweden as usual. A well-deserved win, despite the number of misses it took to get there.

kcd117

Noob
Sweden deserved it, despite the bad finishing game. I'm glad switzerland is out bc they were playing the most uninspiring, uninteresting and unpleasant to watch game in this cup by far. All the game stopping fouls, shirt grabbing, wrestling, and referee mistakes got me rooting against this team.

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
That may be the cruellest thing I've ever seen in football
I second this. I felt so freaking bad for the Japanese squad, that was the saddest possible outcome for them. But Belgium's first goal was 100% unacceptable. How could the GK let that happen? Goddammit, why?? :(

Now Belgium is gonna pay for what they've done to them. :mad: lol

But I'm low-key terrified of their team. Damn, Lukaku is a monster on the pitch.