What's new

General/Other 16 bit and The Edenia Royal Family

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Well he was in the situation and he did try it.
Yeah he did, and you have the right to think less of him if you feel he deserves such judgement/treatment, but he is still the same person now he always has been. Now he just has a mistake that he will regret for a long time in this community to carry with him and his reputation. Is that really not enough? He tried to do it and we know he tried to do it because we saw it, what else is there to do other than move on?

Noob
Kombat Network took the necessary steps to ensure that something like that will NEVER happen again. I believe in Phil and his group. He listened to the people and truly did provide one hell of a Winterbrawl tournament.
The biggest steps were:

1. Kombat Nazi - Believes that 15 minutes early is still 10 minutes too late, takes no crap and is totally immune to diva behavior. Play or GTFO.

2. No tournament players involved in making brackets - Long answer incoming:

a. Does it suck that someone like STH who is more familiar with recent player accomplishments than I am can't be involved with brackets when he's playing? Yes.

b. The integrity of pure competition is more important than seeding. WHO you play may suck in the first round, but it's still FAIR as long as it's unbiased and not set up. If it's done any other way, it's not pure competition.

c. Should I be more informed of recent player accomplishments in the future? Yes, and I will do my homework better next time. I dropped the ball by not looking up enough stuff before WB and I won't make that mistake again. HOWEVER, this is ONLY effective for the players that Pre-reg.

tangential discussion over... please go back to main topic, LOL.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
STB TakeAChance

I made the thread as an attempt to heal and move on

I am someone who has been blamed FOr everything and the kitchen sink and I know for me it bothered me

Bit did something apologized and I'm asking as a community can we just move on cause I still see hate and jokes towards him about it

We need bit and his knowledge/hype
Then tell him to come back :). No one is stopping him from posting!

Goldi

Noob
Maybe my opinion will be unpopular ... But I've known Bit since his GFAQ days. He's always been nice to me (all of GGA has) and so I have some difficulty understanding the drama. I can't quite remember all of the OBS show about it anymore.

The thing is, I was at NEC. Bit was moved to my pool, and I made him promise me we'd wear matching MK 3 costumes for Jade vs Kitty if we got matched up. We were joking and stuff. I didn't care. My pool got delayed because of technical difficulties with the stream mostly. And it was my own fault for staying out, oversleeping and being late to my pool the next day. I digress.

Anyway, he was nothing short of friendly to me and Dink at SCR too. And I'm sure the rest of STB will see that he's really good people at UFGT (not saying he doesn't have a bit of a mouth on him lol) but still, I think all of GGA is good people. :)

why is he afraid to play him then? people seem to forget that 16bit is the best kitana only because cd stopped playing the character.
him beating reo twice and perfect legend and cd himself and placing over him in all other tourneys since then doesnt have anything to do with it I guess...

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
STB TakeAChance

I made the thread as an attempt to heal and move on

I am someone who has been blamed FOr everything and the kitchen sink and I know for me it bothered me

Bit did something apologized and I'm asking as a community can we just move on cause I still see hate and jokes towards him about it

We need bit and his knowledge/hype
I joke around a lot... maybe too much. Rigging jokes are hilarious! I envy how your name can be twisted so well; my fav is pigger the rigger. I just wish Swifttomhanks was more adjustable.

But in the case of bit, I'm no where near joking. In mk9s life time no one has come close to crashing an entire offline major like that. You pig of all people should understand this; marvas ruining your online tournament had to have pissed you off like nothing else. Bit is in the same boat, yet worse since people traveled across the country for this.

We don't need any one person's hype. WB was just as hype as NEC but it was also very friendly.

The jokes are over. 16bit's tournament attendance should be as well.

Matix218

Get over here!
I understand your viewpoint. I guess I'm willing to forgive and forget. I was at NEC and was equally as pissed as most people were. But I'm also going to admit that I don't know of everything that happened. All I heard that he was complaining about his bracket. Whatever, as far as I'm concerned he was a first time offender. Albeit it was a pretty big deal, but the TOs could've just as well told him to fuck off instead of actually considering changing the pools around because he complained. I'm not willing to condemn him to a jobless life because of something that happened at a video game tournament. I don't even know of anyone who couldn't play in their pools either because of what happened.
My brother ended up not being able to play his pool. But honestly I am willing to forgive Bit for what happened. Everyone makes mistakes and hopefully he really is sorry.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
My brother ended up not being able to play his pool. But honestly I am willing to forgive Bit for what happened. Everyone makes mistakes and hopefully he really is sorry.
There were around 5-10 people who couldn't make it back Sunday. They spent all Saturday there waiting to play. They wasted their time and money. No way around it.

This is something that can and will not happen again.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
The dude made a mistake. And as far as I can tell, he has already been punished because it has become apparent that his reputation has a nasty blemish on it in some people's eyes.

As far as him being banned from future tournaments, that is something that you do for repeat offenders (and I'm talking a bare minimum of three separate occurances in the scope of 365 days). Obviously, 16bit does not fit this bill.

And I've said this before, but the suggestion that he would be removed from his duties at NRS is just absolutely asinine.

In conclusion, 16bit is a mutha effin' badass that some people on here need to give another chance. For the past year that I've been really involving myself with the offline scene, GGA 16bit is within my list of Top 3 favorite people that I have come to know in this community. And I don't toss those kinds of props around for just anybody.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Ive known bit since devastation. He was the first case of being starstruck I encountered. I've always had a good relationship with him and prefer to stay neutral in instances between him and stb(which are plentiful lol). Having said that I've obviously noticed the change in attitude over the years. But its not just him its a lot of top players. But who wouldnt? You have success, gain fame, suddenly celebrity status. Ppl have trouble adjusting to changes that big. Only human. I don't think you can blame him too much for that. Now the bracket thing. People are asking why 16 bit is the only one on blast about it. And I agree with this to an extent. It takes two to tango. Now having said that, its obvious to me that bit abused his top player status to convince, or intimidate someone into doing this for him. From a human perspective you have to see this from the other parties stand point. They obviously wouldnt do this for Joe blow, so in order to attempt to maintain a good relationship with said top player, felt obliged to do it. This does not take the blame away, but in my mind the bulk of the blame rests on bit. Last thing I wanted to mention is bit vs khaotik. Give khaotik some respect here, he's played phenomenal lately. If I'm 16 bit, why would I not challenge him in a ft5? If I'm at a tourney with insuperable I'm kicking and screaming to mirror someone who is as good or possibly better with my character. If you win, mission accomplished. If you lose, you know your not the best and need to go back and re evaluate. Which makes it more fun and challenging. My 2 cents

Yeah he did, and you have the right to think less of him if you feel he deserves such judgement/treatment, but he is still the same person now he always has been. Now he just has a mistake that he will regret for a long time in this community to carry with him and his reputation. Is that really not enough? He tried to do it and we know he tried to do it because we saw it, what else is there to do other than move on?
I get that. I'm not saying banish the guy haha...I'm just saying I think it is a really shitty thing he did. If it were someone less liked people would nail them to the wall.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Pig Of The Hut
Lol why was I tagged? I have never had a problem with 16 bit. He is endlessly entertaining and has always been cool with me when I see him at tournaments. Bit is also an excellent player and I hope that he will come back to community, but I understand if he doesn't. About the bracket rigging thing, all that I have heard is that he had considered it, not that it actually happened. It is a dead issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.