Revolver
SwiftTomHanks
gr8one06 lol
STB TakeAChance
STB Shujinkydink
Trepound380
Konqrr
WoundCowboy

So I tagged some people who might hate 16 bit, some who love him, some who are random and one who is a cowboy

So where does the Edenia family stand w 16 bit?

First off yea I'm a really good friend of his, I have his back 100%, I pull for him and support him in any way. That's what we do when friends are our friends whether they man up, fuck up, succeed, fail or get blown out.

In the case I'm talking about he failed, then manned up when he was already shown he fucked up but regardless he manned up and some time had passed and I feel a lot of people are still holding huge issues against him.

He had been a huge engine for our scene, provided us w extreme amounts of hype moments from 2012 EVO to scr 2013. He now as many of u know is helping the process of injustice and we are lucky to have him do so.

I don't need to retread the terrible decision he made back in /December but I'm wondering why it is he seems to be getting more flack for the situation than the other equal responsible parties involved

I guess I'm asking this and making this thread to hopefully help alleviate all or most harsh feelings some have towards him over this incident . Can we all move on from this? Are we really gonna have to hear stupid countless jokes FOr months and year about this? Where do u guys all stand on this?

IMO he was witch hunted more in this situation than any other involved person and it wasn't just him involved in this and actually HE manned up the most, quickest w NO excuses FOr his actions. We need GGA 16 Bit - the hype needs him - the game needs him and we all enjoy it more when he is here either arguing w us r against us .

He is the #1 kitana

HOWEVER .....there is a new challenger and some feel that is better than him as of recent

If anything we need 16 bit and khaotik here hyping up their inevitable tourney match

So where do we stand on all this? I for one say support 16 bit and move on and accept his apology and lets get back to enjoying the hype he brings and the hype to come between the whole kitana community

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
16Bit is an elite player. The other involved equal responsible parties you mention (while good) are not. It's like anything else in life. When someone at the top fucks up everyone else is dying for something to talk about. That's the reason I think people still mention it. The next big thing will happen and people will move on. It's pretty dumb really in my opinion. Nobody is perfect. I for one say forgive and forget.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
The prince of Edenia forgives 16 bits transgressions and accepted the apology. After meeting him he is a very driven competitor and I cannot fault him for that.
And pig how dare you not tag me seeing as im Edenian royalty you blind fool.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Just because Bit did something that you all disagree with can't take away anything that he did as a player.

I mean 16 bit has an amazing track record, specifically against the world's top Kabals.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I am not sure why this thread was created, but I will say this...

When I have an issue with someone I say it and put it out in the open, and 99% of the time it gets resolved.

I hold no grudge at all towards 16 Bit. I called him out on some things, he denied it, a week later I got my validation as EVERYTHING that I said was either brought to light, or said by Bit himself. I was persecuted for that week in between, and even appologized. Everything worked itself out tho.

I will go on the record and say that I have no issue with 16 Bit. I also fail to see how he is being persecuted...in my opinion no one on the boards even talks about him...the only people who have raised the issue with me have been people in his inner circle. He seems to be struggling with it more than anyone.

I disagree with the witch hunt statement. Someone else used the exact same term with me in private and I can only say this:

16 Bit got on OBS, and owned up to his shit:

He faced no competitive penalty.

He faced no TYM penalty.

His absence was one that he took on his own.

He has not been black balled by pros.

He has not been black balled by the general community.

He has not been black balled by NRS

The only person keeping 16 Bit from posting is 16 Bit. Regardless, I would welcome him back with open arms. I am sure the mods, community, and such would as well. Everyone fucks up, it's what you do afterwards that will set the stage for how people treat you.

If he comes back, I just hope that he understands that the reason why he was singled out was because there was a video. Physical proof implicating him of the behavior. Thats why Claude got off easier, and thats why Revolver can still joke about it. You just got caught with your hand in the cookie jar, but you did everything right when handling the situation. I applaud you for that.

Just because 16 and I may have a difference in philosophy does not mean that I HATE him, or think he is a terrible person. Quite the opposite. I admire anyone with a unique personality. 16 Bits gameplay needs to do more talking then 16 bits ego. Thats my honest opinion on the subject. If that is deemed as hate, it is not intended to be.

In closing, I would and always would have welcomed 16 Bit back with open arms. I know everyone else in STB feels the same way (except apparently Jimmy lol, read below), especially Gr8. I think we put up more beef about that whole thing than he did.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
shit talk people that long and act the way he did for as long as he did and what happened will happen, classic case of once you get to the top you have no where else left to go but down.

love that i wasn't tagged in this,

I loved Bit when i met him on game faqs before anyone new who he was, before the first evo, he was always willing to talk game and shit, and was a funny genuine dude who was the same age as me and loved the shit outta MK and Kitana,

after his success the only things he wanted to talk about was peoples tourny stalk and how your a shit player if you don't consistently make top 8s in tourny's,

said he was better then 95% of the whole MK community on a stream chat I had with him, and thats where I lost all respect for him, also him trying to say he was humble after that was lol worthy, the "attempted cheating" and bracket shit where he got caught on stream was after all that.

I also heard stories of how he got his job at netherrhelm, and if they are true, then that shit is funny as fuck as well,

glad he got a cool job, glad he got into GGA,

but do I think he is a good community member to any others besides GGA and "Pros"

no, no I do not.

also him not being around after he was eliminated to watch MK at Final Round last year was lame,

that was the first time i met him and shook his hand, and he came off as very selfish to me, and turns out I was right.

but he's good at this game and with his character so that must give him a free pass to do whatever he wants,

i'm sure nothing will change with Injustice, but i for one will never forgive a cheater or a potential cheater, or someone that values his own success over anyone else or there feelings. as dumb as that sounds, it just shows the selfish nature.

maybe i'm too harsh, but it is what it is, he made his own bed, and he has to lay in it now.

Not that some scrub from canadas opinion on the matter really matters anyways,

I'm going to UFGT and I hope to be proven wrong and I hope to meet and see the old 16Bit there.

Potato Out

GRieVeR_SKeiTH

bad player
I just would like to say that people seriously need to go out to tournaments and meet these "Pros and Top players" who supposedly are so elitist lol. If I can approach said players and strike up a conversation with them end up going out to eat with them or play casuals in their hotel rooms, anyone can. This mentality is really annoying and seems to be coming from people who either don't know what joking is or just assume they would be brushed off.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I just would like to say that people seriously need to go out to tournaments and meet these "Pros and Top players" who supposedly are so elitist lol. If I can approach said players and strike up a conversation with them end up going out to eat with them or play casuals in their hotel rooms, anyone can. This mentality is really annoying and seems to be coming from people who either don't know what joking is or just assume they would be brushed off.
If they don't think you are a threat to them, then yes they would love for you to buy them a burger or 2.

gr8one06

STB Black Belt
Seriously, this sh*t is so comical that I'm not sure where to begin on addressing it...?

Take2Chance basically told the story. Especially when it comes to the fallout..? that resulted with the community. No way in hell will he receive any kind of sympathy from me. I've had to put up with way too much BS. Pig you ask for how long we're supposed to hold this over his head (months or years). Well guess what? I've been joked about/made of by the community for well over a year just because I attempted to train with this guy and he decided to make a joke out of it, and start publicly talking shit about me. Hopefully at this point you stop laughing/smiling while reading this and recognize that you too have repeatedly fueled this "gr8one joke", as you even posted me as "gr8one lol" in the original post. EVEN WORSE, when I've attempted to confront 16bit via PMs, stream chats, or face to face discussion.....I was blantantly avoided or denied. This is one of the biggest reasons I have no desire to attend anymore tournaments, just to be honest about it. I know what kind of player I was when I took MK9 seriously, and I certainly do not need the approval of anyone to validate it. However, if for whatever reason I felt the need to seek approval of others I will never have that opportunity because of the ducking, dodging, etc. Truth is the truth, no matter how you cut it. Do I want to spend thousands of dollars traveling to maybe 8 or 9 tournaments before even having an opportunity to play 16bit one time in a ft2 match? hell no, that's just stupid. He wouldn't even play me ONLINE. Then when you consider that him or even other offline elites might be regularly rigging the tourney brackets in their favor in order to boost their own names/agendas........yeah, I'll just save my money, enjoy playing the game with people that aren't sly b*tches, and sit back laughing at garbage just like this.

Really don't have anything else to say about this because it's pointless. He has been rude, tried every way possible to push his own agenda publicly, and cheated. But yet, the offline elites are begging for the community to support him? Forgive him? Call me old fashion, but you don't "move on" or "forgive" a reputation like that. Moreover, all of us little/unimportant players should SERIOUSLY be questioning why so many people are on his side when he may have rigged their brackets at some point. Or is the whole rigging process a give and take situation?

As for Khaotik.....I hope you get your shot, but I seriously have my doubts that you will ever get to play him based on how things have went in the past. You're a fantastic player and I know that would be an entertaining match up for us all to watch.

- gr8one06, STB

Death

Noob
Seriously, this sh*t is so comical that I'm not sure where to begin on addressing it...?

Take2Chance basically told the story. Especially when it comes to the fallout..? that resulted with the community. No way in hell will he receive any kind of sympathy from me. I've had to put up with way too much BS. Pig you ask for how long we're supposed to hold this over his head (months or years). Well guess what? I've been joked about/made of by the community for well over a year just because I attempted to train with this guy and he decided to make a joke out of it, and start publicly talking shit about me. Hopefully at this point you stop laughing/smiling while reading this and recognize that you too have repeatedly fueled this "gr8one joke", as you even posted me as "gr8one lol" in the original post. EVEN WORSE, when I've attempted to confront 16bit via PMs, stream chats, or face to face discussion.....I was blantantly avoided or denied. This is one of the biggest reasons I have no desire to attend anymore tournaments, just to be honest about it. I know what kind of player I was when I took MK9 seriously, and I certainly do not need the approval of anyone to validate it. However, if for whatever reason I felt the need to seek approval of others I will never have that opportunity because of the ducking, dodging, etc. Truth is the truth, no matter how you cut it. Do I want to spend thousands of dollars traveling to maybe 8 or 9 tournaments before even having an opportunity to play 16bit one time in a ft2 match? hell no, that's just stupid. He wouldn't even play me ONLINE. Then when you consider that him or even other offline elites might be regularly rigging the tourney brackets in their favor in order to boost their own names/agendas........yeah, I'll just save my money, enjoy playing the game with people that aren't sly b*tches, and sit back laughing at garbage just like this.

Really don't have anything else to say about this because it's pointless. He has been rude, tried every way possible to push his own agenda publicly, and cheated. But yet, the offline elites are begging for the community to support him? Forgive him? Call me old fashion, but you don't "move on" or "forgive" a reputation like that.

As for Khaotik.....I hope you get your shot, but I seriously have my doubts that you will ever get to play him based on how things have went in the past. You're a fantastic player and I know that would be an entertaining match up for us all to watch.

- gr8one06, STB
Damn

coolwhip

Noob

Really don't have anything else to say about this because it's pointless. He has been rude, tried every way possible to push his own agenda publicly, and cheated. But yet, the offline elites are begging for the community to support him? Forgive him? Call me old fashion, but you don't "move on" or "forgive" a reputation like that.

- gr8one06, STB
Your issues with Bit are your own and I can't comment on that, but how exactly is it that he "cheated"?

MK_Salivial

MK Mad Decent
Some people seem really clueless as to how much bracket rigging really goes down in the offline scene.
I'm not mad at 16 bit or anyone for that matter. Know why? Because if you are skilled enough you will succeed regardless of the bracket.
16 Bit has proven himself amongst the elite offline players and nothing can take that away from him.

As for gr8one's statement I really can't blame 16 bit. What's the risk reward for 16 Bit? If he wins it's like yeah so what it's gr8one, if you win
he will get blown the fuck up. You shouldn't worry about playing one specific player, go to tournaments to compete with many a player and enjoy yourself. If you want to prove yourself do it in tournament, that's what the people remember, not money/grudge matches.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Some people seem really clueless as to how much bracket rigging really goes down in the offline scene.
I'm not mad at 16 bit or anyone for that matter. Know why? Because if you are skilled enough you will succeed regardless of the bracket.
16 Bit has proven himself amongst the elite offline players and nothing can take that away from him.

As for gr8one's statement I really can't blame 16 bit. What's the risk reward for 16 Bit? If he wins it's like yeah so what it's gr8one, if you win
he will get blown the fuck up. You shouldn't worry about playing one specific player, go to tournaments to compete with many a player and enjoy yourself. If you want to prove yourself do it in tournament, that's what the people remember, not money/grudge matches.
You cannot really stand by that type of mentality can you? If I talked shit about you for days/weeks/months and then you finally were at the same tournament as me, would you not want the opportunity to shut me up?

Your example works when one player didn't chastise the other beforehand. If that was the case, I agree, that no one really owes you anything. Still, it is advantageous to the scene to play people within it. Make them feel like they got their money's worth so they will go to other tournaments.

However,

If you spout shit, prepare to have that shit come back at you.

coolwhip

Noob
lol. Cd hadnt mained kitana for ages when they played at Dallas and he played shit too. U guys are too funny.
Yeah, it still didn't prevent him in finishing FIFTH in that very same tournament, playing Kitana only. So his Kitana was rusty only against 16 Bit, but was good enough to beat all the other players he beat to finish fifth? Okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.