What's new

"12th-level intellect" Brainiac General Discussion

YoungTeezy 305

Work Hard Play Hard
Isn't 1,2 big time negative?
Gosh, I haven't looked at it since day 1. I think it's slightly negative, but safe. The whole string is punishable. Someone who's familiar with the string will usually wait for the 3rd hit. If they are fast at reacting and beating me to the punch (no pun intended), I will just 1,2, block

Gosh, I haven't looked at it since day 1. I think it's slightly negative, but safe. The whole string is punishable. Someone who's familiar with the string will usually wait for the 3rd hit. If they are fast at reacting and beating me to the punch (no pun intended), I will just 1,2, block
Pretty much everything Brainiac does is punishable. The third hit on 1,2, u2 is duckable. Brainiac needs some help. Sucks cause he is my favorite character to play.

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
Hmm ok. I must have had timing off. I dont use it much but thanks. I'll add that to my repertoire. I wonder how viable swing, ji2, F1, MB F3 is. Overhead, low, overhead at the cost of 2 bars.
I had this problem at first, in my case I needed to start inputting the string earlier, whilst dropping in fact, and before the j2 connected.

Edit - Just noticed this was a couple of days ago, hopefully helpful to others....

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
for those who mastered the art of instant air divedick, teach me your ways.
Honestly there doesn't really seem to be a big trick to it outside of just practicing it.

Remember though, that there's three different different instant divekicks you can do, based off of how you jump. There's actually a lot of different situations where you'd want to do a jump-forward divekick or a jump-back divekick, and it's worth practicing it with different jumps as the input is a little different.

Marinjuana

I think Brainiac goes even with Black Adam. Brainiac loves to have free oki like BA gives, and the zoning is countered very easily by his air movement.

kcd117

Noob
If trait stays stored when he is knocked down and he is able to release it while on the ground he is gonna end up being very strong. Also they said that the trait goes away if you get hit when it is travelling, does it go away if you block anything while it is travelling?

Marinjuana

This character is going to be good as fuck

Based on what 16-bit said throw tech punish combos will be removed like they are in non competitive mode, so we'll lose trait when you land a grab, tech or no tech.

Marinjuana

If trait stays stored when he is knocked down and he is able to release it while on the ground he is gonna end up being very strong. Also they said that the trait goes away if you get hit when it is travelling, does it go away if you block anything while it is travelling?
I think that's the idea with it going away the same as it does now except when you are holding trait. I'm really interested about how it's going to work though, are you going to be able to do it out of block stun/hit stun or when you are on the ground or being juggled? Can we do it during delayed wakeup? Can we punish things earlier then we can normally move? I'm assuming there's some limit to it here but can't wait to see how it all works.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
He's definitely going to be tricky to play now since holding trait for long periods of time can be a little hard but well worth it now. Awesome buff