What's new

"12th-level intellect" Brainiac General Discussion

If you want more damage, end your combos with db2 or db2 mb.

Typical bnb: dive kick mb, b3, bf3, 1, 2, db2 mb. 2 bars and it should be close to 500 damage.

Corner: F3, 3, bf3, 3, db2 mb. Close to 500 for 1 bar.
Well yes thats true but i'd rather end with the hard knockdown. He is a viable character to use at this point, but not worth everyone getting excited over. Still not a top 10 character imo.

I hit 40 for one bar as my bnb, with 2 it is around 47 midscreen and 52 in the corner. With stored trait I get 40+ off both d3 and divekick midscreen for a bar, and we get around 35 with drone meterlessly off 12u2.
Could you please type out your d3 bnb. That sounds cheeky.

Some f12 restand shenanigans. I'm manually controlling superman and there's nothing I can do but block or backdash. Backdash gets blown up.

Does the string jail on crouch? Also some people have better bdashes, but nice find yo! That's exciting.

Edit: I see it now. Are you safe with trait?

Endeezdafreak

Big boi Shao <3
It's pretty easy to delay the trait and make yourself safe. I haven't tried this on someone with a better backdash or crouching opponents but I assume it doesn't jail.

Edit: words

Edit 2: tried it with catwoman. MB divekick blows her backdash up and it indeed does not jail when crouched. Also if catwoman does jb2 she avoids it completely. No trade though.

Last edited:
It's pretty easy to delay the trait and make yourself safe. I haven't tried this on someone with a better backdash or crouching opponents but I assume it doesn't jail.

Edit: words

Edit 2: tried it with catwoman. MB divekick blows her backdash up and it indeed does not jail when crouched.
Nice! I like it a lot. Thank you sir!

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
So I'm not sure if it was this way since last patch in non competitive mode with that throw/trait nerf but we can no longer release trait during the animation of the throw in Living Metal/21(1+3). Before you would of been able to get a better oki with Trait. Not a big deal, just something to note.

This is some tech ive been working on to connect Tendril Thrash for better damage.
Been trying that too, it is a cool way to connect the tendril thrash, but for optimization's sake everywhere you do f2xx tendril thrash it is possible to do j3xxdivekick and that does a little more damage. And if you want to spend meter - spending it on mb divekick instead will always bring more damage.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Grounded D2 trait combo(blowing up highs with d2):

D2~BF3, Release Beta Strike, B3, S3~DF2 (311 on Comp Supes)

D2~BF3 may be inconsistent on different hurtboxes in different spacing but it worked on both Supes and CW and that's the most damage I was able to fine without dropping a bar.

When you have trait loaded now you can lock them down in Oki, mix, and even blow up wake ups at the same time

The initial overhead/low set up is the same but now we can cover our ass with an extra drone bomb:
Low

Overhead (I am kinda trying it against Catwoman set to random wake up)

Here is what it does to her rising claws:

And the low again:

Or Darkseid's wake ups: