What's new

"12th-level intellect" Brainiac General Discussion

So after the patch that has taken combos off throws and throw tech punishes from all characters, we can still punish throw techs with a full combo (if the impossible happens , of course , and you manage to have a drone loaded) it is just harder now midscreen (still easy in the corner).

Agilaz

It has begun
Guaranteed 50 50 loop hit confirm from df knockdown

Once you condition them to not wake up this comes into play. If blocked trait makes this safe not sure if it's plus though.
Why would they not wake up though? Pretty much every other character has wake-ups that are actually useful, with good invinc. frames

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Why would they not wake up though? Pretty much every other character has wake-ups that are actually useful, with good invinc. frames
He said you have to condition them not to wakeup. Depending on the MU, block and punish, or hit them with a quick Beta Bomb summon then block for punish or do one of his other Oki options to get them scared.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Honestly have no idea how this MU will end up looking but here's me taking out my MKX frustration on the Ice Clone. This vid is just showing me messing around with his 12~Clone but Brainiac can seemingly counter every on block clone cancel with standing 3 or d/f1(secret sweep) EXCEPT b11~Clone(pushback), which you can Super.

Note that the divekick didn't combo its just an option.

Last edited:
i
Honestly have no idea how this MU will end up looking but here's me taking out my MKX frustration on the Ice Clone. This vid is just showing me messing around with his 12~Clone but Brainiac can seemingly counter every on block clone cancel with standing 3 or d/f1(secret sweep) EXCEPT b11~Clone(pushback), which you can Super.

Note that the divekick didn't combo its just an option.
damn sz always has a low tier counterpick, but i bet aqua is even better at this stuff

Possible new Brainiac tech? Regardless I think this is a good setup. Can punish if opponent presses buttons after tendril swing overhead. Even beats fast specials.

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
I can't understand why after an air tendril swing that crossup and a j.2, I cannot connect a string.
Seems too slow...
I don't have the same problem with a normal crossup.

Any suggestion?

I can't understand why after an air tendril swing that crossup and a j.2, I cannot connect a string.
Seems too slow...
I don't have the same problem with a normal crossup.

Any suggestion?
You can connect a string if you spaced correctly and are at the end of the tendril swing. If you hit 2 to release from the swing you can't connect that into a combo.

You can, however, tendril swing after the 2 on block or hit at any time. (Like my video above)

Last edited:

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
You can connect a string if you spaced correctly and are at the end of the tendril swing. If you hit 2 to release from the swing you can't connect that into a combo.

You can, however, tendril swing after the 2 on block or hit at any time. (Like my video above)
Thanks man, I'm digging this guy and he's very fun.

Yes, you can connect ji 2 into a string even when you do it from the highest point of your swing- what are you talking about?)

You can far tendril swing, force drop with 2 and special cancel you are correct. Can't continue into string as far as I know though.
Yes you can. Here I do a swing and drop with ji2 at different timings, canceling into s3 and f2 ( which is his slowest normal at 18 frames su) and it all counts as combo:

Of course you can continue on block, faster normals like s1 jail on block off j2. And things like f2 of course leave a gap, but the strings always come out both on hit and block.
Hmm ok. I must have had timing off. I dont use it much but thanks. I'll add that to my repertoire. I wonder how viable swing, ji2, F1, MB F3 is. Overhead, low, overhead at the cost of 2 bars.

Hmm ok. I must have had timing off. I dont use it much but thanks. I'll add that to my repertoire. I wonder how viable swing, ji2, F1, MB F3 is. Overhead, low, overhead at the cost of 2 bars.
It is good but the overheads are obvious. And of course 2 bars. Man, with trait loaded we get a second mix after initial cross up /non cross j2 - low / overhead into big damage, but it isn't often that you get to have it loaded.

It is good but the overheads are obvious. And of course 2 bars. Man, with trait loaded we get a second mix after initial cross up /non cross j2 - low / overhead into big damage, but it isn't often that you get to have it loaded.
Yes I like trait loaded setups. Lets hope for it to stay on block after next patch.

greetings. long story short - i'm trying to cram in all the brainiac exp i can before wednesday. any of you fine ps4 fellas mind helping out? psn is xfriction_burnx

thanx in advance