What's new

"12th-level intellect" Brainiac General Discussion

DC4-3

Low tier button masher.
Is there any mu chart/discussion for this character or are you guys waiting till he gets buffs?

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Is there any mu chart/discussion for this character or are you guys waiting till he gets buffs?
I'm not an MU number guy and I would want more experience in all MUs before I commented on that but I'd say three things you want to look out for in matchups as Brainiac are:

1. How well do they zone you? If they can't zone you that's a huge boon for Brainiac as his normals and whatnot make it difficult to approach him. He's got a great walk back speed, good whiff punish in dive kick, etc. And if they can't apply pressure with zoning you'll be able to get trait out much more often. It's worth noting that characters who may zone most well may not zone Brainiac that great with his air movement.

2. How good are their anti airs and do they control air space well? Brainiac wants to be able to jump a lot.

3. How well do they punish, if at all, well spaced Dox Drill and some of Brainiac's normals? Brainiac has a lot of low reward pressure at range and some characters can punish it easily with a special or more easily at closer range with good normals.

Marinjuana

What is the Enhanced Living Metal Gear ability like? The only two I don't have are the beam and that.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
Anyone else feel braniac is better than what everyone is saying?
I've been fooling around with him, and i think he's decent until people know the matchup and then be becomes really hard to play. Once you get used to converting off anything, and using the trait to bully the crap out of people he's not as bad as the general consensus, but he's still worse than a lot of the cast. It's the usual low tier problem: not a bad character, but bad in this game. I've been doing better using mb roll and pushblock a little more often instead of always saving for mb dive kick and mb f3.

your thoughts?

P3irce

Noob
I've been fooling around with him, and i think he's decent until people know the matchup and then be becomes really hard to play. Once you get used to converting off anything, and using the trait to bully the crap out of people he's not as bad as the general consensus, but he's still worse than a lot of the cast. It's the usual low tier problem: not a bad character, but bad in this game. I've been doing better using mb roll and pushblock a little more often instead of always saving for mb dive kick and mb f3.

your thoughts?
I think hes mid tier imo, especially on maps with background bounce. with iadk hes a whiff punish monster and he hits hard enough that you need like 2 combos a round to end games. he def requires way more meter management than other chars. I never use mb roll as him id rather gurantee with mb dk

Immortal

Blind justice....
He's MK9 Jade.
An honest, decent character in a dishonest game that's one good push away from being Dirty Dan.
That's the dumbest thing i've read in some time. In MK9, character like Kenshi raped Jade and that MU was considered 9-1 or even 10-0. She had pletora of 8-2 also.

Brainiac isn't nearly as bad as Jade was in MK 9.

DC4-3

Low tier button masher.
Assuming Brainiacs trait gets buffed, what other buff(s) would you guys like to see him get?

Marinjuana

I don't think he needs trait to stay on block, It'd be cool if it did once it was out on screen but we don't need more "oh you're pressuring me here eat this full combo", shit's dumb enough with just Batman. They could give us some more trait bar to work with I suppose.

His wakeup is balanced, it's stuffable but every other thing about it is great. If you aren't careful jumping on Oki he can tag you for full combo, MB for safety. I wouldn't mind seeing DB2 with invincibilty frames though.

I agree with Reo's suggestion of a slightly faster walk startup(or forward walk speed).

Maybe a slight dmg boost on 12u2.

And a slightly faster F2 though the last two are wishful changes.

Overall I think nerfs to top tiers would be great for him, other then that maybe just a couple minor buffs I don't think you need to go crazy with changes.

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
There's a decent level of consensus that he's not that bad on his own merits. It's only when looking at him compared to the top powerhouses that he feels lacking. If you ignore BA, AM, etc., he does just fine.

That said, trait needs to stay on block. That's just incomprehensible that it doesn't, imo.

Marinjuana

I can't believe I never noticed this but Cybernetic Charge is safe at max range, and less unsafe then normal at mid range.

Agilaz

It has begun
What do I do against Green Lantern's B12 bullshit? I know he's supposed to be minus after that, but I can't throw at anything of my own cause either it'll get stuffed, or I'll eat a D2.

I swear to god the amount of low profiling in this game is atrocious

Saw one of the condiment twins use braniac, he seems fine as long as characters can't just force his drones away and he can apply that pressure. When they, he loses so much.

It's like they didn't give him enough tools out of that. I don't get why his go away when say Harley trait doesn't and that's a mid

What do I do against Green Lantern's B12 bullshit? I know he's supposed to be minus after that, but I can't throw at anything of my own cause either it'll get stuffed, or I'll eat a D2.

I swear to god the amount of low profiling in this game is atrocious
B12 is super safe. I think it might actually be 0 on block. You're better off trying to jump back dive kick it on a read. The only thing you do is poke and you still might just trade.

Just double checked it's -1

Last edited:

Agilaz

It has begun
B12 is super safe. I think it might actually be 0 on block. You're better off trying to jump back dive kick it on a read. The only thing you do is poke and you still might just trade.
I found out the gap between B1 and 2 is large enough to fit in a MB B3, so that's one option if you have the meter