What's new

Worst match-up in the game?

4x4lo8o

Noob
What execution error can be had from F23 Breath, F23? He's beaten it nearly everytime I've done it to him and we're talking 30+ matches (though I'm not heavy into using F23 breath, F23).
He's performing stand 1 on the first frame possible, you're not performing f2 on the first frame possible.

I mean, I'll go test again and you probably should too(never trust anything anyone says here, people accidentally lie about gameplay all the time) but I'm pretty certain about this one. It fits the frame data and it fits my experience and previous testing. Tbh the recovery after breath on block is really fast and lots of Superman players unknowningly delay their f2 follow up

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Catwoman vs any character with mediocre zoning or armor. 3/4s of the cast
Killer Frost vs anyone with a mb b3 or a crouch block

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Where the hell are the downplaying police!?! There is rampant Ares downplaying in the streets since Ed Boon asked who needs buffs! I should cart the lot of you to down players prison.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Where the hell are the downplaying police!?! There is rampant Ares downplaying in the streets since Ed Boon asked who needs buffs! I should cart the lot of you to down players prison.
Then go play Ares and beat a competent Superman with him. You think it's easy, by all means you can try to prove it in a 1-9 matchup.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
He's performing stand 1 on the first frame possible, you're not performing f2 on the first frame possible.

I mean, I'll go test again and you probably should too(never trust anything anyone says here, people accidentally lie about gameplay all the time) but I'm pretty certain about this one. It fits the frame data and it fits my experience and previous testing. Tbh the recovery after breath on block is really fast and lots of Superman players unknowningly delay their f2 follow up
Is there something wrong with just push blocking it and backdashing it then?

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
That crap is a myth.
There actually is the option of just getting hit by breath.
That's the game. You think your opponent is gonna do something and try to counter it, your opponent reads it and punishes your counter. It's how fighting games work.
What execution error can be had from F23 Breath, F23? He's beaten it nearly everytime I've done it to him and we're talking 30+ matches (though I'm not heavy into using F23 breath, F23).

Spoken like a true Superman player.

4x4lo8o

Noob
Is there something wrong with just push blocking it and backdashing it then?
Yes.
The entire metagame surrounding f23 breath with most other characters is that they have options like poking or back-dashing and whiff punishing that Superman doesn't want to get hit by. Those options encourage the Superman player to go for something other than an immediate f23 follow up(a dash, pausing to make a poke whiff, etc) but if he does and the other play had decided to just block that provides another opening for Supes to get punished or at least for the loop to end.
Pushblocking gets you at out of the loop immediately without the guessing, and because of that is good situationally, but as a go to option it's useless. It does nothing to discourage Superman from getting in f23 range and starting the loop again and continuing the loop until he gets bored or Ares takes a risk. If you pushblock Superman loses nothing, he doesn't care. You just spent meter and didn't hurt him. It doesn't set up the meta-game I described above.
If Ares could keep him out better it might be ok, but Ares mobility is awful and his zoning is slow - one ducked or jumped fireball from midscreen means you have to block f23. You're not gonna build signifcant meter or do damage before he forces you to block another f23

Once Ares blocks f2 all of his options are awful. It's not that f23~breath is a block infinite, it's that the risk reward on anything Ares does is horribly skewed

Clamper

Noob
Whoa ... people really overrate some bad matchups. There's no such thing as 9-1, 10-0 in this game.

Well i don't know what's THE worst but it used to be Sinestro vs Scorpion pre-patch. Just horrible.

Grundy vs Black Adam is an absolutely horrible MU crossing into 2-8 territory against Grundy.

Lex vs Sinestro is pretty bad too though not sure if that crosses into 2-8 yet :V

Hg vs Grundy.....8-2, There is stuff that can be done....but honestly she just float in the air and grundy basically can only air to air her. If the hg stays on the ground though grundy will do some work. That's the nice thing about grundy.....everyone is in trouble except sups.....that match up may be worse like 10-1 but then again i've seen tyrant totally work a good superman with the back dash.
Tell me more about how both Superman and Grundy win the same match 10% of the time.