What's new

Worst match-up in the game?

Hg vs Grundy.....8-2, There is stuff that can be done....but honestly she just float in the air and grundy basically can only air to air her. If the hg stays on the ground though grundy will do some work. That's the nice thing about grundy.....everyone is in trouble except sups.....that match up may be worse like 10-1 but then again i've seen tyrant totally work a good superman with the back dash.

Pho Cubic

Sérieusement Sabrewulf peut aller en enfer.
Sinestro vs Aquaman
Catwoman vs Aquaman
Lobo vs Aquaman
Scorpion vs Aquaman
Zatanna vs Aquaman
1/3 of the cast vs Aquaman

Reactions: ECD

4x4lo8o

Noob
What about Ares vs Superman?

Trait then F23~Breath infinite.
EGP Wonder_Chef and I were talking about this over the weekend. I've suspected Ares-Supes was the worst mu in the game for awhile and Chef said he couldn't think of anything worse.

I still constantly see people saying you can d1 out of the f23~breath loop, and it baffles me. Since the breath 'nerf' d1 is basically asking to get full combo'd. If you block a f23 at the beginning of the match it's basically over already. No meter and you'll never get any, so you have to take a stupid risk to get out and if you guess wrong(which will be every time if the Supes player is patient) you eat 45% and are probably in the corner. Your best option is literally to let go of block and intentionally get hit by breath.

And it's not like Ares wins or is even competitive at distance either

sgZick

Noob
GL vs WW... Imo ww loses this bigtime!! if im wrong pls let me know why.
I really doubt that, this match is even, or depending on in what subforum you ask 6-4 for GL. Lantern shuts down a lot of her approaches and can partially keep her at bay with lifelead. However WW wins up close, has higher damage and mmurders Lantern in the corner (GL wake ups wont help much). She can span parries for meter gain, which works well. My take on this one is, whoever tries to get offensive first has the uphill battle, but both have options. Far from being a horrible matchup...

I really doubt that, this match is even, or depending on in what subforum you ask 6-4 for GL. Lantern shuts down a lot of her approaches and can partially keep her at bay with lifelead. However WW wins up close, has higher damage and mmurders Lantern in the corner (GL wake ups wont help much). She can span parries for meter gain, which works well. My take on this one is, whoever tries to get offensive first has the uphill battle, but both have options. Far from being a horrible matchup...
agree to disagree ?

extremely Disagree. i Think is 5-5, But it can be 6-4 GL. NO way is 9-1 or any number crazy like that will make it the worst mu in the game.
have to agree that it isnt worst mu. worst for ww.. Imo GL has everything against ww. OK corner game goes to her but to get him cornered is nearly impossible to me..

sgZick

Noob
agree to disagree ?
Sure. Just checked, the Lantern Forums Match-Up threat lists it as relatively even, couln't find a number in the WW one. But if you get slaughtered by Lanterns maybe ask for help there I can't remember GL mentioned as terrible match by WW players all too often...

webreg

Noob
Green Arrow vs Superman

Superman cuts off his ground approach hard and his runaway options become really predictable vs the Big Blue. He can't Jump on Superman due to the floatiness of his jump making him a target and he constantly has to be popping off arrows trying for dash traps, but he usually just ends up in trade scenarios for this sort of predictable approach. He can try to utlize electric to get in if he can load it, but he absolutely needs damage if he gets in and for that he needs Ice which he cant generally use well since he requires arrows to get in on Superman in this matchup so the ice would become his starter...not a reset making it moot. You essentially pray for Superman to give you an AA opportunity to setup offense in this matchup to get any good damage and he has no real reason to go for jumps.

Its absolutely terrible. If you go ballsy you could try to guess which Superman wakeup is coming out to attempt to punish it and go for a reset combo if you loaded ice after a knockdown, but its a big risk. Essentially you are low damage already and how he controls space cuts your damage options even more alongside of cutting off a good couple of Green Arrow's starter options and mobility options.

Its a terrible matchup. Its a big reason why you generally have to run someone else if you have Green Arrow because you WILL have to face Superman at some point in a tourney bracket as he is a pretty straightforward counterpick to GA folks will be able to use.
If you have to explain it this extensively it probably isn't anywhere near the worst match-up in the game. Only if you mention a match-up and everyone goes sad face and only says "yeah..." or shake their heads then it is truly a bad match-up.

Zero-Shift

B-List Hero
Bane vs. Batman

I've only put time into 1/3 of the cast but among them this one feels the worst by far. It's abysmal.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Na I'm not blowing up the HG players. It was them who knew the MU first before us. We used to think this was her worst MU. That's not the case anymore. Not even close.

I feel as if people think just because a MU is annoying, then its bad. There's a difference.
No, Black Adam has always been her worst MU. Hawkgirl is annoying for Frost for sure though.