What's new

Why do you prefer MKX to Injustice?

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I like how fast MKX is. Injustice was the slowest game in history. The walk speed was just atrocious, and the distance between characters was massive.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
MKX is a great game and I'm sure future balance changes will actually make it more enjoyable than it is right now.

Injustice I didn't care for but I do appreciate NRS trying something new. I disliked the 50/50s and ambiguous cross-ups which are 50/50 in itself.

I still would've preferred an Ultimate MK9 with balance changes and new characters, I like that fighting engine better.

Sad as it sounds, I miss MK9 Kitana more than ever. I know she is in MKX but MK9 Kitana holds a special place in our hearts.

MKX #BuffKitana
#BuffParry
#BuffMournful
#BuffReflect
#BuffF2
#BuffD4
#BuffD1
#BuffD3
#BuffKitanaASAP
#AddJadeSkin4MournfulVariation
#BringBackMK9Kitana21
#BringBackKitanaRange

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
Interactables aren't too hard to escape. Imo they were only a huge problem when you're character had garbage mobility or you were playing against MMH, Zod, etc. majority can be backdashed or mb through.

PROKTOR

Noob
I like how fast MKX is. Injustice was the slowest game in history. The walk speed was just atrocious, and the distance between characters was massive.
I don't know, MK VS DC may have been even slower. Probably was. Don't remember though I haven't played it since it first came out, and probably will never play it again. How dare I bring that game up? lol

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Honestly, this is all a matter of opinion.

Some will argue IGAU was a slower game than MK9, some will say vice versa. The scale tips both ways.

IGAU was my very first fighting and I love almost love everything about it. Keyword being almost

Even though it had its issues, I was never one of those people who zoned or complained about "unethical tactics", sure I'd be irritated by it, but I'd just swallow my frustration and bring my opponent to make a mistake. The one problem the game I did have the just flat out bad balancing issues, though i'll add that some were fair and some of them bad characters better. It irked me that I couldn't play solidly with some of my characters as I used to because of the difference in their gameplans between patches, I pushed myself forward to still using them. But I digress though.

I have yet to know what MKX feels like, or an MK game in general. I'll let you know in two months.

OG Mannimal

OG "OG Mannimal" Mannimal
Overall, I prefer Injustice, but there are definitely still things I prefer about MKX.

Kano
Anti-Airs exist
Walk speeds are generally better (but running is stupid)
Stamina
Variations
Better balance already than what Injustice had by the final patch

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
there are things i like about mk and things i like about injustice. for one with mkx, i feel that the game as of now has a tighter balance and have more well designed characters. i also like how the wakeup game is a lot weaker. i found it really stupid how moves got BETTER when you were knocked down. shit was just silly. however, i much prefer back to block over block button in 2d games. i like being able to move backwards while blocking. also in injustice, i really liked how basically everyone had universal armor and a universal overhead starter. that was really nice. i also like how injustice had the 2 life bar system. its not necessarily better than rounds but i just felt like it was a nice change of pace seeing that a lot of games dont use it

SEV

Noob
Comparing the two may be an apples to oranges situation, but I really like the consistency between matches in MKX. Injustice felt like a game where you were playing your opponent's character, rather than the game itself, in the sense that so many characters forced you to drastically alter your meta due to how the traits and other universal mechanics worked, whereas the poking/counter poking and other universal mechanics of MKX promote more of a back and forth, where you can always play your game, so long as it's your turn. Having said that I enjoyed Injustice a lot, and I am currently enjoying MKX a lot.

big j gleez

Mains: Not Sure Right Now ...
Interactables were waaay over powered in Injustice. The game also felt odd to me. I played it for a good 3 months but I traded it in and kept playing MK9 and USF4. I didnt think the game was very balanced either. It also was a pain with no dash block and no run to get in on people like deathstroke and black adam. I felt people of lesser skill could get away with too much in Injustice.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I could write an essay about this topic and I'll try not to bash igau too hard... however, let me get this out of the way, I absolutely hated that game.

1. Movement. I felt like I was moving in sand for 2 years with that game. Some characters literally could not cross the footsie range of say gl or aquaman without dashing in.

2. Igau interactables were bullshit. From some characters having infinites off of some of them to the annoyance of eating a full combo into an inescapable otg interactable I was sick of them almost immediately and it only got worse.

3. Batgirl. Fuck this character. People bitch about mkx 50 50s but you don't hit a 1 bar 70 percent combo off any mkx 50 50.

4. Aquaman. Fuck this character too. You blocked? Well eat around 15 percent in damage anyway for a bar he almost builds back and if he spaces it right it's safe if not oh well "just press 4 and enjoy yourself." Are you one of those characters that needs to zone? Fuck that get ftd'd. Do you need to play footsies? Fuck that his are better. Did you manage to get a solid hit in on him? Hope it was a 1 or 2 hit launcher. I could go on but that's enough.

4. Ambiguous crossups. Some of which were + into another mixup. I'll take turnaround jump punches into slight plus frames any day.

5. The round system. Losing a round is just losing a round in mkx. I prefer the best of 3 rounds so much more than 2 life bars.

6. Poke based footsies and the neutral game. Yes mkx has a strong setplay aspect but it also has a poke based footsie aspect you have to win before that goes down. I also like that pokes don't link into launching specials.

7. Here's the majorly subjective one. Characters. I love the variation system. You get to keep the core of your character intact and change aspects of them to suit what you need. It's very well done.
3. Batgirl didn't get 70% 1 bar without a blockable reset; unless you're talking about her interactable resets which were stage/spacing dependant.

4 (1). Hellfire scorpion anyone? Raiden? Complaining about injustice chip damage and meter build seems rather short sighted considering MK X chip damage and meter build.

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
3. Batgirl didn't get 70% 1 bar without a blockable reset; unless you're talking about her interactable resets which were stage/spacing dependant.

4 (1). Hellfire scorpion anyone? Raiden? Complaining about injustice chip damage and meter build seems rather short sighted considering MK X chip damage and meter build.
How much did sonic fox's 1 bar corner combo do? And I'm talking only about aquaman on the chip and meter build. Shit was ridiculous and everyone hated it. Raiden will get a nerf and to me scorpion is fine. He gets 2 reps of that and you get a chance to get out.

Last edited:

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I like MK more because....

-I prefer the counter-poke game
-The graphics don't look like they were from PS2 era
-The specials don't look like effects ripped from windows media player
-There's more characters I care about, considering Superman, Aquaman, Hawkgirl and the like make me barf from boredom
-And.... yeah, I just found the game visually unappealing, didn't care for the mass of safe specials, etc.

That being said, due to the option selects (and number of ludicrously plus on block specials) a lot of my grief with INJ has transferred over to MK and I find that irritating, and I honestly preferred INJ's wakeup game to the one we currently have in MKX. I also miss stage transitions, and given that they've been in past MK games and INJ, I'm surprised we don't have them in a next gen MK release.

Since this is pure opinion, it's because I don't care for DC. Injustice became something of Batman and friends...and it did not appeal to me. It was fun playing as Grundy but then the hype just fell off because I had nothing tying me to the game. MK has always had a shaky life but it is the nostalgia that keeps me.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
To be brutally honest, I don't prefer MKX over Injustice. Not yet anyway.
MKX is Injustice with faster mobility, better graphics and more safe 50/50s. A lot of people don't want to admit that because it's MKX, the game they've been waiting for for years. LBSH, variations are essentially a character having 3 chances at being good. Most characters have 1 main, another that's MU-specific, and then one awful variation. Maybe this'll change after balance patches but it's gonna be tough for them to balance so many characters.

IMO, Injustice was a great game that was a step in the right direction for NRS. It accompanied many different fighting styles, it was definitely a step in the right direction in terms of balancing (minus a few hiccups), and there was a good balance between offense and defense. If the stages were shorter and walkspeeds were faster it'd be even better but hopefully NRS will incorporate that if they ever make a sequel (which I imagine they will).

The offense in IGAU was crazy due to B2B, but it was balanced by invincible wakeups and good backdashes. In MKX, the setplay is obviously not as wild as IGAU due to the block button, but it's far more intimidating due to shitty defensive options so it's a lot more polarised towards the rushdown side. Zoning is nowhere near as effective as IGAU/MK9 due to the run button which makes matches more linear and boring imo.

I don't like the direction they've taken in terms of pressure. I thought that a Block Button was supposed to take away any crossup shenanigans and add heavy chip damage in it's place - like MK9. Instead they've toned down the chip damage meaning that the only effective way of getting significant damage is with a 50/50 mixup, which, by now, I think we've all noticed are extremely prevalent.

Don't get me wrong, I really like MKX - it's a fun game. The competitive side of it is booming all over the world, which is fucking amazing. But I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little disappointed in the game itself.
I don't.

(and I LOVE MKX)
It passes the time until Injustice 2
Gotta follow with these guys. To be frank, I feel I'm devoting myself to MKX solely because Injustice is dead and all the good competition is here now. If the player pool was split in half I'd go back to Injustice without even hesitating. I just enjoyed the game more than any day of MKX. Sometimes even when I win a set it feels much less satisfying and the gameplay itself just feels inferior outside of the polishes to mechanics. I understand the MK loyalist because that's how I am with Tekken, but the others I think are just happy to be playing a "new game" at the moment.

I don't enjoy MKX nearly as much as I did Injustice due to the abundance of fast safe overly rewarding 50/50 starters, dominant offense/crappy defensive options gameplay style, ridiculously bad WU game, ridiculously bad zoning, combos that carry you to the wall after one hit from midscreen, corner of death, incredibly imbalanced damage outputs from character to character, one style of play is more effective than all the others combined, 2 bar push blocks, etc etc etc.

Give me the slow walk speed, fighting MMH, getting hit by Zod interactables, matches ending by timeout, or whatever else the complaints were any day over this game. I'll stick around and compete the best that I can for now, but if the patches don't make major changes I might be out when SF5 and T7 come out until Injustice 2.