What's new

Why do you prefer MKX to Injustice?

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
MK is the best fighting game franchise series, so, MKX is the best game of this franchise. IGAU is a fun game but not a classic as
good as MK.

TKB

Noob
I understand for many people are are longtime MK players and simply prefer that franchise, or already mastered Injustice and so now are turning to MKX as a new challenge.

In terms of only gameplay though, for those of you who prefer MKX to Injustice, why do you?

I'm very new to the fighting game genre. Injustice is what got me in to the genre, and I didn't start taking it seriously until November, so I feel there is a lot I am missing. However...I really prefer Injustice, and was a little bit disappointed when MKX came out.

Injustice just seems like a deeper, more complex, higher quality game. Or, if nothing else, I find it a hell of a lot more fun to play.

The reasons I think this are:
  • The clash system, something new and innovative(AFAIK) and another variable to be encountered for when considering meter.
  • The character trait system
  • Stage transitions. Even if I don't use them it can be a good way to pressure your opponent.
  • The different categories of characters..gadget, acrobatic and power characters.
  • The diversity in interactibles and how different categories of characters interacted with them
  • The roster of characters. Far more than in MKX and each feels very distinct and well defined.
  • The speed...Injustice as a whole feels like a faster game.
Does anyone agree or disagree? why?
MKX is WAY faster paced than Injustice ever was.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
MKX is a lot faster than Injustice because they turned 50/50s up five notches and gave it a run button to boot

IGAU probably more memorable a game at least for me, there's a handful of characters that just completely turn me off to MKX

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I prefer Injustice right now because I don't have a solidified main yet. Still trying to find my Nightwing ;_;

The game will become a lot more fun when I find a true main. Erron comes close though.
I've been searching for Smoke since Injustice, and I was like "It's fine... I'll just wait till MK 10 comes out"...

Nope :(

Seriously though, makes me enjoy the game less. Which is unfortunate.

I like Street Fighter the most but from these games by FAR Injustice.

- Back to block.
- I love DC and have no affection for any particular MK characters.
- I hate auto-correct jumping that is going on in this game. It is way easier to jump in in general.
- I do not like the run mechanic implementation. It is done way better in GG and KOF IMO.
- I liked D1,2,3 etc functions way more in Injustice.
- I think that it was more fun overall.

I understand that overall these are all preferences.

MK does have a much better mobility which is the only thing that was needed in Injustice. I do think that the mobility is way too good in MKX which hurts zoning badly, that being good or bad is up to everyone to decide.

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
I don't think you can say Injustice is a "more complex" game since you're new to fighting games. I like Injustice though. But to answer your question: It's more like a masochist love. You'll be there for MK even if the game has some flaws that annoy you. It's MK.

Castor Troy

Wheee. What a predicament.
Personally dont prefer either but i dont see how you can use the more character argument as there are the same in MKX(24) (cant count DLC as we have no idea how many more will be added to MKX) as in injustice(24). On top of that you have all the variations which ad even more. I see MKX being a better overall competitive game as it will have far more depth with the variations but its still to early to really say.

Also there are different categories of characters in every fighting game. In MKX the have different categories among some of the Variations (Ferra/Torr and Jason come to mind)

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I thought Injustice was really, really good.

MKX is great.

In comparisons of other things for purposes of perspective, these professional athletes come to mind...

Donovan McNabb was really, really good, but he wasn't great - like Tom Brady or Joe Montana.

Vanderlei Silva was really, really good - but he wasn't great - like Anderson Silva.

Bruce Seldon was really, really good, but he wasn't great - like Muhammed Ali.