What's new

Why do you prefer MKX to Injustice?

iMileena

"I will cut a hole in you"
I mean this is more opinion wise, but i prefer Mk well cause its MK . Injustice was good but i still was intrested in Mk9 most of the time. Only thing that i miss is stage transactions , alot more people would be very satisfied with them, i damn sure would be.

Castor Troy

Wheee. What a predicament.
That's true about the characters. Injustice has 30 after all DLCs and even if MKX only has 28 after all DLCs it is still very close. I guess the IGAU character select screen just fooled me...it certainly seemed like IGAU had more characters. I really should have checked before foolishly stating that Injustice had more.

I became quite good at utilizing meter effectively in IGAU, and a big part of that was the clash system. Being able to turn a a near loss into a certain win was terrific, and I really enjoyed that element of the game. I think that is an important aspect of why the game seems more complex/deeper to me.

I also really miss the character traits, and would much rather have that in MKX instead of variations, which just feels like what should have been full characters have just been artificially divided.
All good i can understand the select throwing you lol. With the clash system it is actually quite similar to combo breakers with regards to meter management. Combo breakers are actually a huge part in MK that many people do not truly understand and it really adds a lot of depth to the mind game.

Honestly for me characters traits felt like so much of a gimmick they were something that turned me off. I still enjoyed the game and played it a lot. I guess for a launch version i would prefer MKX to injustice as Superman at launch made that game so unbalanced where as MKX has a lot more balance overall (still needs work but its still young).

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
Like how MK looks visually
The sound effects
characters interest me more
Feels faster
Blockable interactables
It's MK
Not really into comic books like that
Had trouble finding a main in Inj cause everyone felt boring
Having trouble finding a main in MK cause everyone feels fun.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I prefer Injustice as of now. The characters were just more fun to play. One example is Lobo vs Shotgun Jacqui. There was a ton of tech to find in Injustice as well. There were like a million little setups and ways of opening up your opponent. I also prefer Injustice's wakeup system to MKX. I thought the variations in MKX would be fun, but they should have left more dirt in the game. Some variations are way to weak when they could have been much stronger with minor tweaks.

The movement feels better (characters don't feel like they are moving through a pool of syrup). It's a small thing, but it matters alot to me.

I love Injustice, but over time that issue really got to me.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
I understand for many people are are longtime MK players and simply prefer that franchise, or already mastered Injustice and so now are turning to MKX as a new challenge.

In terms of only gameplay though, for those of you who prefer MKX to Injustice, why do you?

I'm very new to the fighting game genre. Injustice is what got me in to the genre, and I didn't start taking it seriously until November, so I feel there is a lot I am missing. However...I really prefer Injustice, and was a little bit disappointed when MKX came out.

Injustice just seems like a deeper, more complex, higher quality game. Or, if nothing else, I find it a hell of a lot more fun to play.

The reasons I think this are:
  • The clash system, something new and innovative(AFAIK) and another variable to be encountered for when considering meter.
  • The character trait system
  • Stage transitions. Even if I don't use them it can be a good way to pressure your opponent.
  • The different categories of characters..gadget, acrobatic and power characters.
  • The diversity in interactibles and how different categories of characters interacted with them
  • The roster of characters. Far more than in MKX and each feels very distinct and well defined.
  • The speed...Injustice as a whole feels like a faster game.
Does anyone agree or disagree? why?
1. It is Mortal Kombat.
2. It has Block button.
3. Character variations are epic.
4. Better graphics and animations.
5. Gameplay is more refined and polished. Movement feels smoother and more responsive.

Most of what u said is based on personal opinion, however, there is no way in hell injustice is faster than MKX, not a chance, it was slower than MK9 by a long shot and MKX is like MK9 on steroids.

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
Like how MK looks visually
The sound effects
characters interest me more
Feels faster
Blockable interactables
It's MK
Not really into comic books like that
Had trouble finding a main in Inj cause everyone felt boring
Having trouble finding a main in MK cause everyone feels fun.
That's funny, I feel the opposite in Mk. I played everyone in injustice but can't find a character I like to play in Mk.

beep_ima_sheep

RIP Smoke
I really hated Inj's movement mechanics,and loved MK9's. MKX is an improvement over Injustice but I don't think anything will top MK9 for me. I miss dash canceling and universal jump arc's/punches. And why the hell are BF inputs so finicky haha, I've gotten much more used to it but don't know why it needed to be changed.

JDM

Noob
I like MKX more because the footsies are way deeper in mkx even in spite of all the 50/50's. The run button makes the game faster, no clunky ass dashes like in injustice that made characters so much worse than they should have been (Lex, Lantern, and many more). I also like the block button.Hated interactables, hated batgirl, hated DOOMSDAY, Hated Bane, hated Flash...hated the shit walk speed..

Not only that, but I prefer MK more in general. I love the characters, I love their movesets, and I like the variation system even.

Also people are really using revisionist history here when it comes to Injustice. MKX does not have more 50/50's than Injustice. Injustice not only had high low vortexes but it also had weird crossup shit since there was no block button. Erron Black hitting you with a high/low mixup is way more fair than Superman's dive bomb setups. I will admit the corner in MKX is way more savage than in Injustice but it's mainly cause of the change to wakeups (which I also like)

Last edited:

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
I'd prefer this if it had not near as much 50/50s it does have better footsies and stuff though.

Also it's missing zod

That's interesting you say that, just because I had the completely opposite experience.

Injustice is really the only game I play on my PS4, aside from a few single player games I played.

Playing that for pretty much 7 months straight and then jumping into MKX, the characters in MKX felt sooo slow to me. The delays were different and threw me off a whole lot as well. It was the MKX characters who I felt were walking through syrup.
Well, I'm talking about literal walk speed. The walk speed of Injustice characters is on average much slower than the walk speed of Mortal Kombat characters, and the stages allow for more distance between characters in Injustice so this kind of compunds it.

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
I only say that because MK lacks things like distinct character traits, a large character roster, the clash system etc. It is those things that make Injustice a deeper, more complex game to me.
The roster is the same size as the igau launch roster plus 2. Mkx will end up 30 or more.