What's new

Why do you main, who you main now?

Why do you main who you main?

• Total voters

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
I play lex because after the first patch i realized that he was the perfect combination (imo) of underplayed, underrated and fun to be so i dropped my first Mains (cyborg and catwoman) and started playing him.

And i through everything i still think he's that perfect combo.

In mk9 i played jax & cyrax....guess why?

TKB

Noob
Deathstroke is without a doubt my favorite DC character, so naturally I tried him out as soon as I was able to play the game. I played him for a few months and moved on to other characters, jumping all over the place.

GL, Grundy, Batman, Cyborg, Shazam, Batgirl.. I tried maining a bunch of characters and eventually landed back on Deathstroke where I'm staying, with some Sinestro and Shazam as secondaries for fun. :)

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Story time: When i first started playing this Game i was trying to learn Killer Frost. Cause i thought she was hot as hell. Alt 2 Killer Frost > Normal Outfit Frost. Then i tried learning grundy along with Killer Frost. I tried Playing Aquaman for a bit cause i was trying to teach my friend how to play him. Then i realized i was not getting any better with the characters i was playing as. I was trying to play too many characters at once. So i went into a character Crisis. I began watching more streams and tuned into I think it was GGA. And saw someone going Ham with Shazam. *Hehe*. I think it might have been heroic Legacy. So then I went to the character select the next day and thought back to when i said i would never pick Shazam. Even though he is one of my favorite Characters in the DC universe. And everything just clicked. I started playing him more and winning much More. He was really fun to play as. And the rest is history.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I started with Wonder Woman in the demo and was on a skype call all day with Jer who was using Lex. He's like fuq dis idk how to play him but he's really fun. So I got bored with WW and switched to him. When Injustice came out I played Aquaman because he's my favorite DC hero but I got really bored with him and took a break. When ECT came around I was too far behind on him but needed a character and Lex was the only one I remembered how to use well, so I just stuck with him. So I pretty much main him by accident, and partially because I suck at picking up new chars so I didn't try anyone else.

My first character was Bane, because I liked his d1 (great poking tool, used subzero's d4 in the past so yeah). I kind of felt I wasn't really understanding the neutral game enough, so I picked up Cyborg last month. Playing an effective neutral game with him is more difficult, but I like the challenge.

To me he feel's like a weirdly designed shoto character as well, so that's why I picked him up.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
I main grundy cuz he was my day 1 character. My buddy got me into this game and this is the first fighting game I've played for more than a week lol. I asked my buddy who's the easiest character and he said either grundy or Doomsday. I chose grundy at the time because he looked cooler to me (being a zombie and such). I've stuck with him ever since. I also play catwoman as my secondary. Other characters I am capable of playing are WoWo, sinestro, flash, lobo, batgirl and hawkgirl (just picked her up. Was against her for the longest time cuz of me being a grundy main)
He must've forgot about how beginner Aquaman is :joker:

Grundys setups are mad dirty DOOOOHHHH

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
as long as its not damien.... :) @AK L0rdoftheFLY
What!!!!!

I liked NW since launch video came out. I have this bad habit where i pick my main before I play the game based on trailers.

Nightwolf and Nightwing were like that. So was Grundy for a time but he BLOWS. I love switching stances and having that versatility. I like wowo for the same reason but NW is 10000x cooler.

I picked Damian because when the NW community didn't appreciate my cocky attitude i vowed to dominate them with what they hated most. DAMIAN!!!!

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
What!!!!!

I liked NW since launch video came out. I have this bad habit where i pick my main before I play the game based on trailers.

Nightwolf and Nightwing were like that. So was Grundy for a time but he BLOWS. I love switching stances and having that versatility. I like wowo for the same reason but NW is 10000x cooler.

I picked Damian because when the NW community didn't appreciate my cocky attitude i vowed to dominate them with what they hated most. DAMIAN!!!!
I have thee utmost respect for you good sir. In the endless lobbies of SFxT when we discussed IGAU everybody was like Im going to pick this and this character or the character that is so dominate and I straight said yeah I'm picking the Joker. I got crickets and laughter and they were like hes going to be ass and I said all I needed to see was his confirmation of being in the game to know I would get it. Now? They no longer play it, when they did, they hated this guy -> :joker:

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I main Killer Frost because she was my first love in this game and she was probably broken tier. Her personality in this game gives me the lulz. Even though she isn't extreme top tier anymore, she is still an excellent character who can go even with or beat almost anyone in the game...so why wouldn't I?

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
I blatantly refused to use Superman in pre patch because he was so broken, so I mained Batman. I know Batman was stupid too, but he was way more reasonable. Darth Arma and KDZ were my favorite players to watch, so I just took all of their tech and put my own spin on it. Uncle Phil got me hype with those Divebomb resets!

Srryimwhte

RM PTH
dude i barely touch the game or take it serious atm im the worst sandbagger you can find
but i dabble with aquaman and deathstroke cuz those are characters that i actually like

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
My criteria for maining a character tends to be one/a mix of/all the below:
Do they have a "spinny" move? I'm deadly serious, this is my top criteria most of the time (Mileena u4/b14/bd4, Batgirl db2, Wonder Woman b3/db3, would be Orchid if I had KI due to roundhouse-like specials(?) )
Do they have telekinetic powers/magic? (Originally played Ermac when I first got MK9 and sucked, I now play Kenshi as a secondary. Planned on maining Ares but he didn't fit my playstyle along with Zatanna :/ if Shinnok is in MKX I'm going to streak through my street at 3am)
Do they control wind? (If Fujin gets released I will wet/shit/cum on myself or organise the below gif with other Fujin fans)

It just so happens that my mains are mostly if not all women...

@Youphemism @Braindead WE'VE GOT OURSELVES ANOTHER MEMBER!

The long interesting (not) tale on how I selected my character? First started out with me and my brother played the demo cause he wanted to buy me a new game for my birthday. I thought the little trailer after completing the arcade mode was dope as shit, and we wanted to buy it. Later that week, I found out he bought the game, and I come home from school then see him play story mode. After watching him play a bit we jump to vs mode then I instantly pick superman in an attempt to learn him. And I also played my first online game with him too abusing F23. I accidentally find TYM to learn combos then I switched to NW and got bodied. Then I switch to GA and I got bodied some more :p. After a long character crisis I asked my bro to download the season pass so I can play more characters which he did, making me a batgirl main. After playing Batgirl, Scorpion, and Zod, writing them off as boring I try out lobo. Oh man, he was the most fun character I touched even tho he was complete ass like Sheeva. Everything clicked for me as a player liking the game when I kept playing lobo even with the salty rough patches. And so far from every FG I've played, lobo has been the most fun and satisfying to play with, win or lose.

Tl;dr: Lobo, because he had the most fun and satisfying gameplay for me.

Error

DF2+R2
Black Adam because when I didn't really know much about DC, his reveal trailer made him seem like the coolest villain ever made, and it's true :). He also happened to be top tier. I still use him now, even after he was nerfed to shit, because he's still the character I'm most comfortable with.

Pronto

Montreal's reckoning
The ability to talk at the screen and hype myself up in my Tom Hardy Bane voice.

"You think footsies are your ally..."

I main batman b/c i grew up with him. I remember every sat morning my only agenda was to watch batman the animated series. I even did my psychology project on the psycho analysis of bruce wayne and compared him to the inmates of arkham. I have batman accessories out the ass and my cubicle at work is pretty much my batcave. Also....my car is named talia after one of batman's lovers :3

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
I main batman b/c i grew up with him. I remember every sat morning my only agenda was to watch batman the animated seIies. I even did my psychology project on the psycho analysis of bruce wayne and compared him to the inmates of arkham. I have batman accessories out the ass and my cubicle at work is pretty much my batcave. Also....my car is named talia after one of batman's lovers :3
My dude we were meant to be rivals. I got everything Joker. Dat all Joker everything from figures to comics to tv seasons to statues to chains. You name dat shit, I got it and the collection is still going.

Billy Dha Kid

Day 1 phenomenal grab immune
I first started using Grundy because I like the big giant unkillable characters (hulk my fav superhero) and what made me stick with him was because I was using him when I first learned how to MB while vsing a friend....let's just say so much salt was created that day because I learned how to MB trait and we both thought Grundy was broken. Sadly grab immune is a thing :(