What's new

Why do you main, who you main now?

Why do you main who you main?

• Total voters

Clark L.

F1 ftw.
I've been super curious as to why this is. Seriously why do you main who you main? Because he/she is top tier? Because he/she is who you started with? Because he/she looks/moves are cool?

Edit: this is meant for igau, not mk9

E

Eldriken

@AK RM Blake Can you move this to the Injustice forums for the OP?

But anyway, I main Doomsday because I saw how Chris G got wrecked at VxG by @Perfect Legend and I was going through a character crisis. I figured I would give him a shot because he looked like he was fun and as it turns out, he is very fun.

He's also oh so great at pissing people off.

Decay

King of the Bill
I have a long story for my main but basically I have been asking NRS to put lobo in injustice ever since they started releasing videos of the roster. They would post pictures like "who would win, superman or Batman?" And I'd always spam the comments with "lobo would win". So I was really depressed lobo never made it into the roster and eventually gave the game up for a while because I couldn't find a character that fit my play style. Then finally, the good news was dropped that he'd be the dlc and I picked it back up and main him. He was trash but I stuck with him and created tech. I'm very happy they made him viable in that balance patch, but even if they didn't, I'd still be maining him.

Side note, the comma in the title is unnecessary.

E

Eldriken

I have a long story for my main but basically I have been asking NRS to put lobo in injustice ever since they started releasing videos of the roster. They would post pictures like "who would win, superman or Batman?" And I'd always spam the comments with "lobo would win". So I was really depressed lobo never made it into the roster and eventually gave the game up for a while because I couldn't find a character that fit my play style. Then finally, the good news was dropped that he'd be the dlc and I picked it back up and main him. He was trash but I stuck with him and created tech. I'm very happy they made him viable in that balance patch, but even if they didn't, I'd still be maining him.

@Youphemism @Braindead WE'VE GOT OURSELVES ANOTHER MEMBER!

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Well igau first came out I mained BA cause he was super cool. But I notice I had a hard time stopping jump ins cause his d2 sucked. So I went to the 2nd coolest character DD, who had an aa grab. I fell in love.

Clark L.

F1 ftw.
@AK RM Blake Can you move this to the Injustice forums for the OP?

But anyway, I main Doomsday because I saw how Chris G got wrecked at VxG by @Perfect Legend and I was going through a character crisis. I figured I would give him a shot because he looked like he was fun and as it turns out, he is very fun.

He's also oh so great at pissing people off.
lol thanks , and who did you "main" / play before dd?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I main Raven because in the beginning I always felt she was very solid and underused, as well as fit my play style.

I like playing the characters I feel are really good but underused that fit my play because people will have less MU knowledge against you than say, Batman, but your character is still strong enough to hold their own.

After about a month it was Raven.

Maasik

Noob
When I first picked up Injustice, I had no idea who 75% of the cast was. I knew the big names like Superman, Batman, and their villains but everyone else was new to me. Being a big fan of ninjas and flashy moves, I naturally gravitated towards Deathstroke. (Yes, I started out as one of those "AMGOD SWORD FLIP" noobs, but spare me haha I never did and to this day don't enjoy mindless pew pew zoning).. After playing online and getting my ass handed to me many times, I looked up "Deathstroke combos" and found TYM. Just grew more and more attached to the character and now I even have some comics of his.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Mk9 nightwolf,raiden and Shang.
I've always liked raiden,as a kid the character from big trouble In little china used to scare me so I figured who better to play as than someone I'm frightened of lol,plus the teleport.
I don't have a particular attachment to nightwolf,I just liked the noise his shoulder makes when it hits lol,that's honestly the only reason I started playing him.
Shang imo is the coolest mk character of all time and although I'm terrible with him I've always played him in every mk game.soul steal is so fucking godlike.

Koor

Hot Gyahbage
WW has been my main since the Inj demo. Her playstyle fits me very well, despite my average reactions and reads. She definitely gives back what you put into her though and i feel like shes served me well.

Hruza Da Bruza

Must Mash Harder!!!!!
I picked Nightwing because I always liked the character of Robin and SideKicks in general. I liked the double stance idea and that it was like playing 2 characters in one. I never really read much about Nightwing before playing injustice but now that I have been playing him since day one I own MANY of his books and try to learn as much about him as I can.

Clark L.

F1 ftw.

lol, thanks for the side note, when i pushed the comma, it just felt right

SkaGoogle

Tailgates & Tan-lines !
first character I ever played with when I got the game was green arrow, I remember I had to go to school that day so I had like 10 minutes to play and I just went straight to online, I played against a catwoman player, and lol we were both so bad, I knew no combos or nothing, but I still won, I remember thinking the whole day about how cool injustice was, but I main killerfrost now, as it has been about 4 days of me playing her, she's getting better each day, Idk I really like playing characters that no one plays, which is why I guess Sinestro and batman never brought me any joy.

Clark L.

F1 ftw.
i forgot to answer ;/.. anyway i mained raiden in mk9 because thats who i used to play @ the arcade back in the day (and believe me, I'm maining him shitty or good in mkx) and i used to main aquaman because of early igau footage courtesy of @Tom Brady . but then i played offline with @astronout and he showed me the way to black adam

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I fell in love with Zod when I started playing him but it was a month or 2 after he was released. I think I tried him out because people were saying he was really good.

I've played MMH from launch because I like the character and I liked how he had the Dhalsim thing going on, picked him back up as an alt because he's da bess, but I just enjoy playing Zod more so I main him.

VGMtheVagabond

Salt Mine CEO
I've been with Raven since day one because I was always a Teen Titans fan, and Raven was my favorite. After finding out she was in Injustice, it was like a kamakazi fly on Ritalin headed towards the zapper. Granted, I picked up Doomsday for armor characters, and the MUs are more tolerable than Raven (@Eldriken knows), but I'm basically a one trick pony when it comes to fighting games, and Raven is my pony.