What's new

General/Other - Raiden "WHO'S NEXT?" RAIDEN Revealed for Mortal Kombat X at Evolution 2014!

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
totally agreed. his teleport mode looks fucking sick. otherwise the trailer was "yep, thats raiden from mk9."

his costume is absolutely understated, in fact i feel it is in some mid ground between too little and too much. i would prefer all white classic raiden, or caped brutal raiden than run of the mill 'heres raiden'.

im also tired of the ball lightning, this guy is a lightning god, and he is controlling the same shitty ball lightning as mk9. i want TO SEE SOME FUCKING LIGHTNING BOLTS. you know like, Rain or Shazam or .... mk3 raiden. lightning balls are super underwhelming and not flashy or impressive. its just lame. i want some fucking lightning and i did honestly expect it in mk10.

also the fatality is balls.

kotal kahns xray is still hype though.

ps. I still like this raiden but they dropped the ball making him about 25% as awesome as they could have. so far raiden is the most likely character i will use.
To be fair, Raiden will probably have a decent alt costume like he did in MK9.

BRUTALITY

Banned
but too me, teleport characters seem to have been bad in nrs games (ares and such) because they sacrifice important options like good normals and mobility. martian is so good because he has that and amazing projectiles.
yeah. i completely agree. not like a teleporting character has won evo in mk 3 times and a teleporting character literally JUST WON igau.

yeah. i completely agree. not like a teleporting character has won evo in mk 3 times and a teleporting character literally JUST WON igau.
different type of tp, cyrax isn't a tp char really, and kung lao counts i guess i was more talking about like ares raiden zatanna, those types of tps.

so you didnt mean "teleporting characters are bad" you mean "some
characters with teleports are bad."
the ones whose games are heavily dependent on tp, liek they gave them a teleport that is so good that all their other options are nerfed, i.e ares, raiden.
i guess kung lao is an exception

BRUTALITY

Banned
the ones whose games are heavily dependent on tp, liek they gave them a teleport that is so good that all their other options are nerfed, i.e ares, raiden.
i guess kung lao is an exception
Teleport character who performed well in tournament mk9:

Kung Lao (PL)
Mileena (Sonic Fox, REO)
Cyrax (DJT)
Sektor (Gross)

Injustice:

MMH (Jupes)
Batgirl (Sonic Fox)
Zatanna (Deg)
Shazam (Digit)

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
He looks boring. Sadly, I haven't been able to put much time into the game due to the lack of Xone, but that is gonna change now. Don't rub it in my face.....I'm jelly as it is over not playing KI.
Thunder is really fun to play tbh. Kotal Khan looks bad ass already, he had cool looking moves, aa grab into combos etc. Will be my first pick for MKX def.

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
I don't really get the disdain for Raiden's costume/appearance. I really like it, it doesn't have a bulky feel to it like MK9, plus it reminds me of MKII Raiden for some reason (I think because of his stance, maybe). It's simple, and clean looking.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
Thunder is really fun to play tbh. Kotal Khan looks bad ass already, he had cool looking moves, aa grab into combos etc. Will be my first pick for MKX def.
I wont sit here and lie to you because his actual character design(the way he looks) is badass. Sadly, I don't dig his moves from what I've seen, but maybe that will change once I actually dick around in training mode.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
I was honestly not very interested in MKX until now... But this footage got me pumped like the old times!

That was some amazing gameplay! This is what they should have done and should do from now on with every character reveal.

The MK Fatality throwback was crazy!

khrome

Master of The Universe
Can anyone point me in the right direction, I want to watch Injustice top 8. Don't spoil it please.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
He looks so good. I love the connecting ball traps. Almost like MMH orbs. Also it looked like the electricity version can like stop his projectile.

Also I'm becoming increasingly drawn to Kotal Kahn. He's just super badass. His voice is awesome. In fact the entire audio design is amazing. Raiden's electricity sounds crazy, and all the hits and specials are unique.

I need this game inside me.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
He looks so good. I love the connecting ball traps. Almost like MMH orbs. Also it looked like the electricity version can like stop his projectile.

Also I'm becoming increasingly drawn to Kotal Kahn. He's just super badass. His voice is awesome. In fact the entire audio design is amazing. Raiden's electricity sounds crazy, and all the hits and specials are unique.

I need this game inside me.
Kotal and Ferra/Torr seem like the most interesting characters as of right now, but with a vast, vast majority of the roster unannounced, I can't even begin thinking about who I'd like to play yet hahaha. Too many possibilities. If Ermac is back, I'll be maining him again most likely simply out of love for the character. But again, who knows. There could be some amazing setup-based character that appeals to the shenaniganizer inside of me that I'll just have to main!